Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Super easy peanut butter cookies!  (Read 4926 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Super easy peanut butter cookies!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »
Most of his family on both sides HATES cinnamon, so I guess it's hereditary! He tells a story of getting a latte the first time he was in NYC and they sprinkled cinnamon on it and he was gagging on the sidewalk, lol.

I never heard of anyone hating cinnamon before either!

That blows my mind! I'm glad it's not just me that hadn't heard of it before.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 57
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
That blows my mind! I'm glad it's not just me that hadn't heard of it before.
It's really annoying because I LOVE cinnamon - snickerdoodles, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon toast...all of it. A snickerdoodle without cinnamon is just a...sugar cookie!
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
I am thankful that pretty much the only thing my husband won't eat is also something I hate (mushrooms).
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »
I am thankful that pretty much the only thing my husband won't eat is also something I hate (mushrooms).

I am super picky, but I looooooove mushrooms! The only things my husband won't eat is eggs and cinnamon. My list of things I won't eat goes on and on!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »
I like mushrooms as well !  Lately I've been buying the posh ones, like oyster and shiitake.  Yum

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 06:40:52 PM »
I don't know why, I just can't eat them. Maybe they are just a bit too...earthy?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »
I don't know why, I just can't eat them. Maybe they are just a bit too...earthy?

I don't like them either. I don't mind the flavor they add to things, but it's a texture thing for me. Possibly flavour when you actually eat a chunk, but I can't manage that!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 08:31:55 PM »
I'm going to try making the PB cookies with a sugar substitute and see how they come out!

• Liked: 111
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »
Yeah, the fear of cinnamon that my husband's family has is weird to me too. To me, winter isn't winter without the smell of it in the air. Whatever.

My husband didn't mind it, at first.  However, the flavor terrifies him now. The one major thing I missed from England when I lived there were cinnamon flavored candies. My best friend would bring me two 1lb bags of Hot Tamale candy on his visits (he came four times a year). For whatever strange reason, the husband ate an entire bag in one sitting. He ended up vomiting the entire night. So, he now smells cinnamon and he gets the dry heaves. Again, whatever.

My son has a real hate for mushrooms. He will choose to go hungry than eat food off his plate that has a mushroom anywhere on it. Once, we went to a steak restaurant and he was on and on about being really hungry and he was just about to tuck right into his food when a waitress tripped and a huge side order of mushrooms landed on his plate, fell in his drink and some ended up in his hair. He calmly got up, walked out and took himself to eat at a burger place. I can't say I laughed as hard as I did that day.

I HATE cilantro, the Devil's herb. Ugh.

Anyways, thanks for the four ingredient cookie recipe. I'll try it out and get back to you on it's yumminess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
I don't like them either. I don't mind the flavor they add to things, but it's a texture thing for me. Possibly flavour when you actually eat a chunk, but I can't manage that!

To be fair, I agree I can't manage chunks but I've definitely had it in things like veggie spring rolls where it's chopped up so small I don't even notice until I've eaten half. My friend also isn't a massive fan of them but made this Gordon Ramsay beef wellington recipe once and she said it's chopped up so fine that you don't even notice but it's delicious
My, how time flies....

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:32 AM »
Yeah, the fear of cinnamon that my husband's family has is weird to me too. To me, winter isn't winter without the smell of it in the air. Whatever.

My husband didn't mind it, at first.  However, the flavor terrifies him now. The one major thing I missed from England when I lived there were cinnamon flavored candies. My best friend would bring me two 1lb bags of Hot Tamale candy on his visits (he came four times a year). For whatever strange reason, the husband ate an entire bag in one sitting. He ended up vomiting the entire night. So, he now smells cinnamon and he gets the dry heaves. Again, whatever.

My son has a real hate for mushrooms. He will choose to go hungry than eat food off his plate that has a mushroom anywhere on it. Once, we went to a steak restaurant and he was on and on about being really hungry and he was just about to tuck right into his food when a waitress tripped and a huge side order of mushrooms landed on his plate, fell in his drink and some ended up in his hair. He calmly got up, walked out and took himself to eat at a burger place. I can't say I laughed as hard as I did that day.

I HATE cilantro, the Devil's herb. Ugh.

Anyways, thanks for the four ingredient cookie recipe. I'll try it out and get back to you on it's yumminess!

Wether you like Cilantro or not is genetically determined.  If your genes are set a certain way, it tastes like soap.  Otherwise, it tastes like great Mexican food.

Something similar is going on with Asparagus making your pee smell wierd .  A genetic variation determines how sensitive you are to the specific chemical.  Some smell it strongly, others not at all. 

Son of Sailor has been doing some research on this, so if you notice anything funny about your pee you should PM him.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
Wether you like Cilantro or not is genetically determined.  If your genes are set a certain way, it tastes like soap.  Otherwise, it tastes like great Mexican food.
A large majority of my family thinks it tastes like soap. I don't mind it in pico, but I don't love it in other things.

I did find this Guardian article about cinnamon...
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/nov/24/cinnamon-americas-favorite-spice

• Liked: 111
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 09:17:58 PM »
A large majority of my family thinks it tastes like soap. I don't mind it in pico, but I don't love it in other things.

I did find this Guardian article about cinnamon...
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/nov/24/cinnamon-americas-favorite-spice

That was an interesting read. Thanks for that.

As for the cilantro aversion, I've read about how certain people have a gene or enzyme that makes it taste like soap. When I was a little girl, it just made food taste odd to me. It wasn't until I was in my late 20's when I noticed it had a soapy sort of taste. Now I'm in my late 40's and it is just too pungent for me and it really bothers me. If I touch it, the scent lingers way too long for my liking. It doesn't taste like soap anymore but it tastes the way I imagine hate and evil taste! You can only imagine my hell as a Mexican American. I can tolerate a sprinkling on my food because I can sort of scoop it out. But no...here, it's either a freaking cilantro garden in my tacos (and chopped into teeny pieces for added hell) or a F***Ton! There's no middle ground.

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
I feel for you!  It must be really horrible to finally get some Mexican food and then find it covered in Cilantro.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:06 AM »
In fariness, I f*ckin' love Mexican food so I am happy there aren't typically herbs that I hate commonly used in that cooking (but I would still probably be excited to receive a plate of Mexican food covered in cilantro even if I hated it! haha)
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links