Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Super easy peanut butter cookies!  (Read 4918 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: Super easy peanut butter cookies!
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
I guess the term 'small fortune' is relative, but... I bought a 3-pack of cans on Amazon for around £7. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 09:50:44 AM »
It's only £1.60 at my Tesco.

I need to find it cheaper as I never remember it being under £2! haha
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 57
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
I guess the term 'small fortune' is relative, but... I bought a 3-pack of cans on Amazon for around £7.

I just spent £1.90 per box to get Kraft mac & cheese for my kid from Amazon. In the grand scheme of things ~£2 for two meals for him, isn't too much to pay, but knowing they are less than $1 normally in the US is still painful. I try to make myself forget how much stuff is in the US and just concentrate on the fact that I'm able to get it here and my kid is happy and eating.

Except I refuse to pay £7/box for froot loops, although I really do want them!
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
I just spent £1.90 per box to get Kraft mac & cheese for my kid from Amazon. In the grand scheme of things ~£2 for two meals for him, isn't too much to pay, but knowing they are less than $1 normally in the US is still painful. I try to make myself forget how much stuff is in the US and just concentrate on the fact that I'm able to get it here and my kid is happy and eating.

Except I refuse to pay £7/box for froot loops, although I really do want them!

Not sure if this helps, but I saw Kraft Mac in the freezer section (of all places?) in Sainsburys not too long ago...You can also get it in the American section sometimes but I think it's a lot cheaper than that. Don't remember the price of the frozen ones but I know they were on offer.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
My family has these problems but in reverse. My son had a massive craving for Marmite and blackcurrant cordial. I gave to him and said, "Happy Birthday" because Marmite at $7.99 for a small jar and the cordial at $8.99 is all he's getting for his birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
For a while, our grocery stores were selling fruit loops like normal cereal.  Normal price as well.  I swear they weren't exactly as I remembered, but close enough.  I don't think it's still happening.    My kids are big fans of Lucky Charms and we can buy all we want at around £7 per box.  We buy it occasionally  as part of the shameless bribery program to get the kids to go to French School on Saturday morning.

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »
Not sure if this helps, but I saw Kraft Mac in the freezer section (of all places?) in Sainsburys not too long ago...You can also get it in the American section sometimes but I think it's a lot cheaper than that. Don't remember the price of the frozen ones but I know they were on offer.

We've had the frozen ones and the new add water to the bowl kind (like easy mac, sort of). They are both DISGUSTING. They are not Kraft. Kraft should be ashamed. They sell it in the store, but it is £2.20/box (this is one thing I've done extensive research on here!). So £1.90 is a "deal". Lol. I do sometimes see it on sale in the store...I've gotten it for as low as £1.40 and then I stock up!

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »
For a while, our grocery stores were selling fruit loops like normal cereal.  Normal price as well.  I swear they weren't exactly as I remembered, but close enough.  I don't think it's still happening.    My kids are big fans of Lucky Charms and we can buy all we want at around £7 per box.  We buy it occasionally  as part of the shameless bribery program to get the kids to go to French School on Saturday morning.

Are they US froot loops though or UK ones? The UK ones are horrid. I need artificial colors! I did buy a massive bag of generic ones in the US before I came back here for about $4 and they did last about 6 weeks. Heavenly!

Also, we get these as a treat - generic Lucky Charms. They are only £3 a box and my kids are happy!
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=282819954

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »
That's it!  They were UK Fruit Loops and come to think of it they were a bit wierd.  They weren't exactly as I remembered but I put that down to my memory being off.  Not surprising since my parents would have never in a million years bought me Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms or the true connoisseur's choice, Captain Crunch. 

Figures that the UK Fruit Loops would taste like cardboard and be ridiculously expensive.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
  Not surprising since my parents would have never in a million years bought me Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms or the true connoisseur's choice, Captain Crunch. 

Same here Jimbo... the only breakfast cereals allowed in my parents home were Grape Nuts and the plain unsweetened Shredded Wheat.  When I moved out and got my own place, I bought Count Chocula!  ;D

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
We've had the frozen ones and the new add water to the bowl kind (like easy mac, sort of). They are both DISGUSTING. They are not Kraft. Kraft should be ashamed. They sell it in the store, but it is £2.20/box (this is one thing I've done extensive research on here!). So £1.90 is a "deal". Lol. I do sometimes see it on sale in the store...I've gotten it for as low as £1.40 and then I stock up!

I mean, I imagined it probably didn't taste great haha but now you have confirmed it!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »

I will second that the frozen Kraft Mac & Cheese is gross. Ugh... absolutely horrid. If you want to get something that is at least tasty the Annie's Kitchen Mac & Cheese, it's gluten free, is nice and hits the spot when I'm in the mood for Mac & Cheese and can't get Kraft. You do need to not over cook it, the sauce tends to be absorbed by the pasta if it's in the oven too long.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
I will second that the frozen Kraft Mac & Cheese is gross. Ugh... absolutely horrid. If you want to get something that is at least tasty the Annie's Kitchen Mac & Cheese, it's gluten free, is nice and hits the spot when I'm in the mood for Mac & Cheese and can't get Kraft. You do need to not over cook it, the sauce tends to be absorbed by the pasta if it's in the oven too long.

As long as the UK one is the same as the US, I can totally vouch for Annie's kitchen. In the frozen section if they sell Amy's there it's also good. Somehow Amy's has perfected making microwave meals that don't look or taste like crap and have no weird ingredients.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »

I've never found it at that price so.worth revisiting. When my Tesco did sell it, it was £1.60 and Sainsburys had it for £1. Wish I stocked up more now, but my local Tesco got them.back in and said they were going to keep stocking, but then stopped soon after. So much for that.

A "small fortune" for me isn't very much for others. I am still feeling the effects of my last visa and it's really made things tough, so I'm sorry if that sounded silly to others :-(

• Liked: 537
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
I've never found it at that price so.worth revisiting. When my Tesco did sell it, it was £1.60 and Sainsburys had it for £1. Wish I stocked up more now, but my local Tesco got them.back in and said they were going to keep stocking, but then stopped soon after. So much for that.

A "small fortune" for me isn't very much for others. I am still feeling the effects of my last visa and it's really made things tough, so I'm sorry if that sounded silly to others :-(

We're in the same boat BriKH. Paid for my last visa, husband is home with a broken leg and here I am having to take taxis to and from the train station. It's costing more than half what I'm earning in a day.

I feel you.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab