Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: final check list!  (Read 442 times)

• Liked: 97
final check list!
« on: February 15, 2017, 05:39:26 PM »
Hi Everyone! Submitting my application tomorrow after biometrics. thanks again for all the help here. Would anyone mind doing a once over of our list of documents make sure I didn't miss anything? please and massive thanks!!!

a.   Current Passport
b.   Expired Passport
c.   2 passport sized photos

2.   Application and Receipts
a.   Application
b.   Appendix
c.   Biometrics Stamped Receipt
d.   IHS Payment Receipt and Confirmation Receipt
e.   Letter of Introduction- Applicant
f.   Letter of Sponsorship- Sponsor
g.   Sponsorship Undertaking Form
h.   Copy of Sponsor’s Passport Page
i.   Flight Itnerary
j.   Extra Return Shipping Label

3.   Financial Requirement – Category A, Salaried UK Employment for Previous 6 Months
a.   Confirmation of Employment Letter
b.   Confirmation of Authentic Payslips Letter from Employer
c.   6 Months Payslips
d.   6 Months Bank Statements
e.   P60 – 2016
f.   Employment Contract

4.   Accommodation
a.   Letter of Invitation from Sponsor's Parents to live at property
b.   Land Registry
c.   Mortgage Statement
d.   Land lease
e.   Water Bill
f.   Council Tax

5.   Proof of Relationship
a.   Marriage Licence with Apposialete Seal
b.   Selection of Photos(8 from 2014- present and then 3 from wedding ceremony)
c.   Trips to see each other- Cover Letter/full list of 47 trips taken 2014-2016
i.trips to together
ii. trips Sponsor made to Ireland and United States to see Applicant
iii. trips applicant made from Ireland to UK to see Sponsor
(I managed to track down all email confirmations to send!)
d.   Communication – Cover Letter
I. Facebook Messenger (screen shot of conversation every 3 months from aug 2013-october 2016 and one for every month since)
ii. Emails( 1 from every three months from December 2013-december 2016)
e.   Proof of Shared Credit Card and Transfers
f.   Proof of Irish Insurance when we live together in 2014(we have no other proof from the one month we lived together before he had to move for work!)
g. proof of shared household airmails account

6.Qualifcations- Cover Letter
             a. Transcripts
             b. Payslips
7. Return Shipping Packaging
8. copies of Marriage License and transcripts(only things we care about getting back)

what do you think enough? missing anything?
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 4985
Re: final check list!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »
You don't need:

Sponsorship undertaking form (that's for sponsoring an adult dependent and not applicable to this application)
Water bill
Council tax

You only want to include a regular marriage certificate if the certificate is in English.  An Apostille is only used for foreign certificates that are not issued in English.  Even then not required by UKVI.

1-2 photos max (just proving that you've met)
WAY WAY WAY too much for contact.  You only want a few pages MAXIMUM for this.  I'd show a selection of trips together, 1 or 2 pages TOTAL of messages and emails.  I'd leave out credit card statements and such.  Include the proof of when you lived together.

But seriously, you want to edit a lot there.  We've seen applications be refused as the required documents were "lost" within the noise of the evidence submitted. 

Remove all of Section 6.  It won't be looked at or considered.

Do you have a passport size photo of the sponsor?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »
No, we don't have the photo for him? Is that an issue I thought his passport was enough?

We have no proof of living together. I had moved into his place and we were going to get our own but he ended up having to move back to London. Was never on the lease and all the bills were in his name. We don't have anything other than the insurance cards which are dated. 

I'm worried about showing all trips because we traveled to see each other so much. I was worried editing it down would make them think we were lying?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
No, we don't have the photo for him? Is that an issue I thought his passport was enough?

You need it for FLR(M), not for the initial entry visa as far as I remember.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »
You need it for FLR(M), not for the initial entry visa as far as I remember.

Ahh, cool.  My mistake!  I've only done in country applications so that one stumps me.

I would edit.  I would list all the dates on a sheet of paper and then include a small selection of evidence.  And state that proof of all remaining flights can be provided if requested.

No worries about not having any proof of living together - most people don't!

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »
i did an excel spread sheet of the 47 trips in order(I lived in Ireland) matched all dates to my passport. I could
Include all trips together there are 5 and then maybe 1 email confirmation per 3 month?

• Liked: 14
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
You don't need:

1-2 photos max (just proving that you've met)
WAY WAY WAY too much for contact.  You only want a few pages MAXIMUM for this.  I'd show a selection of trips together, 1 or 2 pages TOTAL of messages and emails.  I'd leave out credit card statements and such.  Include the proof of when you lived together.

But seriously, you want to edit a lot there.  We've seen applications be refused as the required documents were "lost" within the noise of the evidence submitted. 

Do you have a passport size photo of the sponsor?

I didn't realize that it could be refused for too much information!  I am so glad I read this.  When we did my husband's to come here to the US they wanted TONS of photos, travel print outs etc. 

We've been together since  Jan. 2014, living together since April 2015, and married in June 2015

So will they just want to see a few photos from each year, and the trips we made to see each other before he moved in 2015?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »
So will they just want to see a few photos from each year, and the trips we made to see each other before he moved in 2015?

Nope, not even that many photos.

1 photo only is all you need, maybe 2 at most. The only reason you have to include a photo at all is to show you have met in person at least once.

I would include one photo from your wedding, and maybe one recent one from the last few months.

We've been together since  Jan. 2014, living together since April 2015, and married in June 2015

I would include:
- marriage certificate
- 2 photos
- boarding passes from trips between 2014 and 2015
- evidence of living together between 2015 and 2017 (things like rental agreements/mortgage statements, tax returns, utility bills)

As an extra, you could also maybe include a 1-2 pages of call logs or email inbox screenshots showing communication while you were apart in 2014/2015. No actual message/email content should be shown, just a list of dates and times.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »
I didn't realize that it could be refused for too much information! 

Just to clarify. They can't refuse an application for too much information but if way too much is sent, the  mandatory documents can be lost in among all the unnecessary stuff and a refusal can result because they think that you have not sent something that you did in fact include.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »
Just to clarify. They can't refuse an application for too much information but if way too much is sent, the  mandatory documents can be lost in among all the unnecessary stuff and a refusal can result because they think that you have not sent something that you did in fact include.

Yup, this.  They really just want to see what's required and that's that.

They want a photo to prove you've met.  They see the photo and put a tick in their box on their checklist.  You don't get a bigger or better check for having more photos.   ;)

Sponsored Links