Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New here  (Read 1313 times)

• Liked: 1892
New here
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
As a complete alternative, I've always heard that middle eastern countries hire skilled nurses and of course need oil workers as well.  I'm thinking of places like Saudi Arabia where (I've heard) you could make a bunch of money tax free.  Not sure if that's still going on or that's something that would work for your family. 

Good luck, and I agree with your belief that your children will benefit from experiencing different cultures.

• Liked: 1
Re: New here
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »
FYI, there is a new requirement for nurses who trained outside the EU/EEA to take an English language exam called IELTS. There is no exception to this rule, even for native speakers. IELTS isn't that common in the US, so you may need to look into how/when/where you could take it. Also, it's not a strictly English-language test, but also tests academic skills, so you will need to take some time to learn about it and be prepared before you take it. My current job is training nurses from Romania (primarily) to take this exam so they can work in the UK. Have a look at this: https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/trained-outside-the-eueea/ielts/ and if you want more info, you can PM me.

Thank you. I did not see this when googling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 04:19:42 PM »
As a complete alternative, I've always heard that middle eastern countries hire skilled nurses and of course need oil workers as well.  I'm thinking of places like Saudi Arabia where (I've heard) you could make a bunch of money tax free.  Not sure if that's still going on or that's something that would work for your family. 

Good luck, and I agree with your belief that your children will benefit from experiencing different cultures.

My husband would not be ok with moving to the Middle East. I have not really looked into any places there but I know he would be totally against it.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »
My husband would not be ok with moving to the Middle East. I have not really looked into any places there but I know he would be totally against it.

I'd also be against it for my family.  I can't think of anything worse but I thought I'd throw it out there.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 04:50:14 PM »
I'd also be against it for my family.  I can't think of anything worse but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Really?  I think I'd be put off by the heat more than anything.  I have only had positive experiences in the ME.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »
Really?  I think I'd be put off by the heat more than anything.  I have only had positive experiences in the ME.

And yes the heat would be too much. I already live in Texas where winter condists of maybe 3-4 sporadic days of temps below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. And 100+ degrees F through the summer. I definitely would prefer somewhere less hot.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Hiya

If you are thinking of Scotland...

Here is a listing of What hospitals have neonatal units..

http://www.neonataltransport.scot.nhs.uk/home/scottish-hospitals-with-neonatal-units

I am a US born/educated Nurse who came here to Scotland in 1999 when general nurses were on the shortage occupation.. Started on a Work Permit and worked my way up the immigration ladder now hold dual citizenship.. It was quite easy and fairly inexpensive to do it many years ago.. Boy have things changed over the years.. Wish you luck in obtaining your dream..

Even the NMC has changed names since i came here as well as their rules on joining and practicing here in the UK.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
Hiya

If you are thinking of Scotland...

Here is a listing of What hospitals have neonatal units..

http://www.neonataltransport.scot.nhs.uk/home/scottish-hospitals-with-neonatal-units

I am a US born/educated Nurse who came here to Scotland in 1999 when general nurses were on the shortage occupation.. Started on a Work Permit and worked my way up the immigration ladder now hold dual citizenship.. It was quite easy and fairly inexpensive to do it many years ago.. Boy have things changed over the years.. Wish you luck in obtaining your dream..

Even the NMC has changed names since i came here as well as their rules on joining and practicing here in the UK.

Thank you

• Liked: 0
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »
Hi....just introducing myself like I'm 'spose to...
Moved here with my Brit wife and now am having great.....fun trying to register my LHD vehicle. If I could only find where to buy some RHD headlamps!
Anyone direct me to correct forum, please please....
Glad to be here, err I think since we have a new uhh kinda president....

Tony

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab