Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Losing job or moving job after visa app submitted  (Read 391 times)

• Liked: 11
Losing job or moving job after visa app submitted
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
Hello again,

So we are hanging onto my husbands job for dear life hoping he makes it until May when we have to aply for his visa.

Just wanted to know what happens if he loses his job during the application process or if he can apply for a new job after we have submitted the application.

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Losing job or moving job after visa app submitted
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:22:47 PM »
He really needs to stay at that job until his extension is approved.  They do conduct random checks and contact employers. 

No harm in starting the job search during the process as it tends to take awhile!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »
He really needs to stay at that job until his extension is approved.  They do conduct random checks and contact employers. 

I don't think they are all random, not  since UKVI was given access to the other departments records.

HMRC went onto a new system called Real Time in the tax year 2013/4, where the employer must inform HMRC each time they pay an employer, instead of once a year. Therefore UKVI and the benefits offices can see where they are working/earn what they claim they are. All it takes is a quick call to the employer after that to check/tell the employer they have no right to work. Sweeps of the systems can be done at anytime.

Judging by the floods of posts every now and again from those who have had their  ILR or BC removed for deception, having held that for years already, I guess UKVI sweep with any new shared information too. Some wouldn't have been refused with the correct information anyway, but using deception is serious. This is why I don't think these calls are all random, as they don't need to be now. You don't see these type of posts on uk-yankee as people on here are always correctly advised to be honest in their applications/use a good solicitor for any problems there might be on their application.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:21:03 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »
Thank you for your answers !!!!

Sponsored Links