Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa - Shipping the application  (Read 578 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance Visa - Shipping the application
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
Hi All,

My fiance has her bio-metrics appointment next Tuesday and we were planning to ship the application out the same day. We have paid for the VFS return courier service but had a question regarding what you actually ship the application in?

Currently the application is in a small ring bound folder, however i was unsure as to what container my fiance should get from the UPS depot. We were thinking a small box but weren't sure as to whether they would close up the same box and stick the included return label on, or if we are required to supply a whole new box/envelope for the return journey.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance Visa - Shipping the application
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
If you are using the VFS Global return shipping (both ways), you have to follow the instructions on the VFS website:

If you purchase the Round Trip Courier Service you will be required to print out your shipping label and visit your closest UPS store to acquire a UPS envelope for your documents to be mailed in. Please visit the UPS site here to find your closest UPS store.

I would not send it in a ring binder or folder - that just makes things awkward for Sheffield to re-organise your documents. No folders or sleeves or anything like that - just simple piles of paper.

So, I would take everything out of the ring-binder, organise into sensible piles and if you like, you can secure each section with a paper clip/crocodile clip or an elastic band. Don't forget to include copies of all original documents you wish to be returned to you, or they may keep the originals.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:01:56 PM »
Envelope it is, thank you very much!

Would you recommend including a second envelope inside?

The only originals i have sent without copies are travel documents (boarding passes etc) as they are barely legible due the ink fading over time.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:10:04 AM »
I just used a padded envelop that I purchased at the UPS store. And I did not include a return envelope and they do have their own. Padded envelopes are recommended instead of cardboard envelopes as they will protect your valuable documents more effectively.

I had two stacks of documents. Originals and copies. Do not have anything stapled or paperclipped as it is a hassle for your ECO to deal with.

I organized them in a way that made sense to me. From the top:  biometrics appointment letter, receipts for Priority, applications, personal letters, financial information, tenancy information, and then lastly communication, wedding details and photographs.

In a small zip lock baggie I put my passport and passport photos.

I used one alligator clip on each pile to keep them separate.

It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. The ECO will put them in the order that they want anyway but it helps to have like documents together.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
I used the cardboard envelope they provided for initual Settlement visa from the US because my documents fit in it. They got to Sheffield just fine with no issues.

Used a similar organisation for my docs as nctami72.

For my latest FLR I used a padded envelope (called a jiffy bag here in the UK) because I had all my documents in a clear folder for my sanity. And I didn't want my passport, photos, and BRP card sliding around.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links