Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The dreaded winter bug  (Read 1008 times)

• Liked: 68
The dreaded winter bug
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
Anyone else been laid up with the lovely winter bug?

About two weeks ago I had a horrible sore throat and a bit of a runny nose. Last week I was feeling a lot better and thought my remedy of ginger tea, zinc and vitamin c did the trick, but this morning I woke up full of cold again! Nose running like a leaky faucet, aches, chills, but thankfully no sore throat.

Just had to rant because it makes me mad as irrational as that may seem lol I totally thought I was in the clear!

Back to heaps of ginger tea and Beechams for me -_-

• Liked: 6110
Re: The dreaded winter bug
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:03:44 PM »
Sorry you're poorly BriKH.  Feel better.  :)

• Liked: 1891
The dreaded winter bug
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
I hope you feel better as well. 

For the last two winters the place where I work has paid for flu vaccine.  I haven't been sick since, knock on wood.   I don't believe that the sickness I used to get every year was flu, but I guess it was.

Remember when swine flu was going around?  I actually ordered tamiflu from the government and took it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:48:51 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »
Thanks all. Just feeling sorry for myself! It's my husbands birthday today and he has chosen and Indian restaurant for his birthday meal. I can't think of anything worse when ill so hopefully later I'll be feeling more up for it.

I've never had a flu shot. Maybe it's something I should consider in the future! I actually have bad health anxiety and when I get ill I tend to think the worst! (working on that though)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:56:47 AM »
I've had it twice, once at Christmas time and a few weeks back. Our anniversary is near Christmas and I forced myself to go for a meal. I nearly passed out at the table and we had to rush out. Not fun!  There's a chesty cough that just seems to be making its way around here. Our daughter had it, then my husband, then me. Paired with fever and body aches.

I hope your feeling better soon, I am ready for warmer weather and all the sniffles to go away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab