Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NTL processing times  (Read 10580 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: NTL processing times
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »
Yes that's what I am doing, exactly the same thing.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »
Hi, I have been following this post for a while now as I am in exactly the same position. Has anyone who has posted actually received their BRP card? Mine is a simple transfer IRL that I got in 2003 to a BRP.

Sent 5th April
Payment cleared 8th April
Acknowledgment letter 18th April
Biometrics done April 25th
nothing since..

We booked a much needed holiday before we sent the form off on the basis that at the most it would be 16 weeks to process. I am now getting panicky that our trip to France will be non existent. Its just so annoying as you can't get any answers. Why on earth do they need to keep the passports for 4 months its ridiculous.

You know that there is an option to get a second passport from the US Embassy and use that to travel to France?  It won't have the correct stamps and visas on it and it costs some money, but it is possible. 

I've been told by a border guard that it is perfectly OK to enter the UK on a passport like that and they can reference your application and know you have a ILR stamp in another passport.  Even better if you've got a photocopy of the ILR stamp. 

Since you've got a ILR, you can also request your documents back without revoking your application and losing your fee, which is contrary to what the UKVI site says.  I did this for travel to America. 

That said, it's an awful lot of trouble just to go to France.  Why not try Wales?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
You know that there is an option to get a second passport from the US Embassy and use that to travel to France?  It won't have the correct stamps and visas on it and it costs some money, but it is possible. 

I've been told by a border guard that it is perfectly OK to enter the UK on a passport like that and they can reference your application and know you have a ILR stamp in another passport.  Even better if you've got a photocopy of the ILR stamp. 

Since you've got a ILR, you can also request your documents back without revoking your application and losing your fee, which is contrary to what the UKVI site says.  I did this for travel to America. 

That said, it's an awful lot of trouble just to go to France.  Why not try Wales?
Morning, thanks for the help. I had read your previous posts and it sounded like u had a complete nightmare but glad u got to have your trip back to the US. I work for the NHS therefore not much money to spend on extra passports or to pay for another holiday in Wales. It's all booked and paid for in France and the South of France's weather is much more appealing than wonderful Wales. I had planned on going the same route as you and contacting my MP beginning of August and see if that helps. Maybe I will be able to find out how far it's got then and maybe ask for the passports to be returned and hopefully it will be put on hold and not cancelled. They will have had my application 4 months by then. Why on earth it takes so long is beyond me.. it's the lack of information that is so frustrating and the website is shockingly bad. Anyway thank you again and it will be interesting to see when you get your BRP. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
No problem, not sure if you read my long thread or not. 

You aren't French or something are you?  French people can travel with just an ID card issued in France. 

If it helps, it seems like it was 7 or 8 working days from when I requested my docs to the time they were returned.

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
Any joy anybody?

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2017, 01:07:09 PM »
Nope

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
I still can't check my application status online?

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »
My application status still says awaiting decision but then it also says last updated 25th May so wondering if it's only updated once a month. I'm going to leave it till end on July and then write to MP and see if they can find out where it is..

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »
Middle of July will be 5 months for me. If no word by then I may very well get in touch with my MP.

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
I was hoping that u would of heard by now as you are 2 months ahead of me... don't think there is any chance of getting it sorted before my hols think I'm definitely gonna have to ask for them to be returned just don't know how to get hold of them

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »
Nothing new from me, except that I went to France last weekend with my second passport and no visa.  Didn't have any trouble getting back in.

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »
Yeah but I don't want to spend anymore money on getting a new passport. Only just renewed my US one a year ago.

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »
I was hoping that u would of heard by now as you are 2 months ahead of me... don't think there is any chance of getting it sorted before my hols think I'm definitely gonna have to ask for them to be returned just don't know how to get hold of them

To get my passport back, I just went to the web page where there's a form for it.  They make you answer some questions, then tell you that your application will be cancelled and your money forfeited.  I think they even force you to agree.  If you already have a no time limit visa than this should not be true , it wasn't for me.  They will send your passport back in roughly 10 working days with a letter explaining how to send it back when you are done travelling.   

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
To get my passport back, I just went to the web page where there's a form for it.  They make you answer some questions, then tell you that your application will be cancelled and your money forfeited.  I think they even force you to agree.  If you already have a no time limit visa than this should not be true , it wasn't for me.  They will send your passport back in roughly 10 working days with a letter explaining how to send it back when you are done travelling.

Thanks I thought that was probably the case as had already checked that out but got scared by the terminology as definitely don't want to forfeit the money.  Yes have had a no time limit stamp since 2003.

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
Received my passports and docs today. My application has been approved and they are sending out my BRP in 7 working days :)

Sponsored Links