Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Transferring Money  (Read 691 times)

• Liked: 8
Transferring Money
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
Hi all I'm interested in peoples experience in transferring money

Last summer my Wife did an electronic transfer of money (quiet a few thousand dollars) to her new UK account from her American Account

On receiving the money over here it was not as much as we expected, based on the bank (not sure which one, probably UK one) using a lower exchange rate and I'm guessing some chargers as well.

She is looking at doing similar again sometime in future and I notice that there are trading companies that supposedly give you better rates, and they are regulated and insured.  Example Currencies Direct.

Has anyone used these type of companies as a broker rather than going direct bank to bank?

Thanks in advance

• Liked: 6110
Re: Transferring Money
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »
I use Transferwise regularly. They're great, I highly recommend them.   :)

https://transferwise.com/

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:34:53 PM »
I've used Transferwise a few times now and am very happy with it. So far I've only used it to send fairly small amounts of money (up to a few hundred pounds) from my UK account to a couple of European countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »
Thanks both of you I'll take a look

• Liked: 718
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:20:35 PM »
Another vote for Transferwise and I will add that when you set up a transfer it will tell you exactly the amount that you will receive in your UK bank account, and that is what you will get. No surprises, at least that is my experience after many transfers using TransferWise (XE.com always tells you exactly what you will receive before you click "Submit")
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab