Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help! Need Advice... UK/US relationship border problems.  (Read 2144 times)

• Liked: 0
Help! Need Advice... UK/US relationship border problems.
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:39 AM »
Hello, I am writing to hopefully receive some immigration advice.
I am in an incredibly unfortunate situation that was brought upon by ridiculous mistakes on my part.
Here is my situation:

I am in a relationship with a UK citizen. We just started dating and in Oct of 2016 I went to visit the UK to spend time with them. I stayed from Oct 11th to Nov 4th. I flew home to attend my older sister's wedding and to return to work. I flew back to revisit my significant other on Nov 30th and was denied entry. The reason(s) I was denied entry is because I mistakenly bought a one way ticket... thinking that it wasn't going to be a big deal to just purchase the return when I got there...(stupid mistake number 1), and also, I brought some hairstyling shears with me to cut my significant other's hair and her Mom's for fun (no monetary gain at all) just as a nice gesture (stupid mistake number 2). The border official thought I was seeking employment because of me carrying that & having a one way ticket. They stamped an X on my passport and I was able to stay one day with my partner then flown back home on a return flight. I got home, and tried to fly again in early December this time with suuporting documents to prove that I just wnated to visit. I brought proof of work, financial stability, ties to my home, return ticket, etc....and was let into the UK. I stayed until the end of January and then left to come back home to attend another wedding and to return to work. When I got back, I decided this time, I would do the right thing and apply for a visitors visa for 6 months. I just got word back that they refused my visa. I am beyond heartbroken because I think if I were to try and fly back to see my significant other again, I would be refused again. I don't know what to do. We both don't know what to do. All I want to do is spend time with the person I love. I'm not trying to do anything illegal. I just want to be with them.

Will I be refused again?
Is there a way to check notes or restrictions associated with my passport?
Is there a way to clear any such restrictions associated with me?
Can I write a formal letter to the UK Home Office to have a chance to clairfy things?

The most frustrating part about all of this, is I am not, nor have I ever had any intention of trying to cheat the system or do anything illegal. All I want to do is be with the person I love. I feel like my options are so limited now :(

Any help, options or advice would be greatly appreciated. More than you know.

Thank you.

• Liked: 3589
Re: Help! Need Advice... UK/US relationship border problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:01:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum :).

I've just replied to this in your other thread in the Visas and Immigration forum, which is probably where this is best suited anyway.

My reply is here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=89801.msg1162512#new

It's easier for us if you can only post your questions once, in one topic, because with two topics exactly the same in different sections of the forum, your questions may be answered twice unnecessarily and it's hard to keep track of what you've been told in one topic compared to the other.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab