Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: march timeline  (Read 26623 times)

• Liked: 82
Re: march timeline
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:04 PM »
I've been very impatiently waiting. Though they mean nothing to me.....can't apply for ilr until August 2018

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 5
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »
I think at least we are all one day closer. Have to stay positive.  :) 

• Liked: 8
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2017, 12:46:25 AM »
Has anyone heard back regarding decisions being made? Forums across different websites and on Facebook just seem to have everyone waiting and no one actually having decisions made.

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2017, 02:19:51 AM »
Has anyone heard back regarding decisions being made? Forums across different websites and on Facebook just seem to have everyone waiting and no one actually having decisions made.
It's difficult waiting. But I assume the forum is a small sampling.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »
I see in the 2017 timeline thread a couple of people have had decision e mails. They are about 5 working days ahead of me, so there are a few people on this thread should ne hearing something soon ish, if it works like that.

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »
I've seen only one post on the 2017 timelines.  I guess that's a good start. 

• Liked: 325
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
I see in the 2017 timeline thread a couple of people have had decision e mails. They are about 5 working days ahead of me, so there are a few people on this thread should ne hearing something soon ish, if it works like that.

Yes, just one day ahead of mine.  It made my stomach churn.  I'm quite encouraged, but it is nausea making.

• Liked: 325
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
I've seen only one post on the 2017 timelines.  I guess that's a good start.

There's two.  One require more info and one was the decision made email.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
Yes, just one day ahead of mine.  It made my stomach churn.  I'm quite encouraged, but it is nausea making.
Hopefully you'll hear very soon then, rotten thing is the e mail doesn't tell you what the decision is. Have to wait another couple of days to get the passport back. Make sure you let us know here when you hear something please.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »
Another woman -who I've become close with in the last couple weeks- and I are just getting so so frustrated that so many people applying from Pakistan and Tunisia and the Philippines ,often to join a spouse that wasn't even born in the UK, are getting their answers so quickly... This process feels never ending and it's so disheartening to see that group of people getting so many decisions made and hardly anyone from the States getting ours.

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
I'm happy for those getting their information.  I have to imagine that others from the US who aren't using the forum are likely getting their visas too.  There are so many variables to consider.  There must be so many applications and it's hard to know how many are priority.  I'm not sure how they're processed, but assume they aren't segregated by country, and Sheffield appears to handle so many countries' applications. 

It's funny how at the end of the day, I still don't stop checking my email and refreshing my UPS tracking.  Just hoping tomorrow will be a bit more promising for us.  I'm missing my husband and am missing several work events due to not having my passport.  It's probably small potatoes at the end of the day, but it's no fun having such limited knowledge.    [smiley=clover2.gif]

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
Another woman -who I've become close with in the last couple weeks- and I are just getting so so frustrated that so many people applying from Pakistan and Tunisia and the Philippines ,often to join a spouse that wasn't even born in the UK, are getting their answers so quickly... This process feels never ending and it's so disheartening to see that group of people getting so many decisions made and hardly anyone from the States getting ours.

A naturalised British citizen is just as much a citizen as someone born here.   ::)

• Liked: 92
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »

How exactly are you paying for rent in London? It's illegal for you to be on a lease until you have a visa - unless your spouse is the only one on the lease and you have a letter from the landlord giving you permission to live there when you arrive.

Just want to check, just in case you have been given any wrong information, that you have the following:

Hi everyone. Stalking your board as I plan to apply in April after my husband leaves to come to UK to start his new job under Category 2 so I apologize for bringing something up from a page 3.... saw this and just wanted to check...we are about to be renting a home in Scotland and I brought this quote to our letting agent's attention...we just found a house and are getting the lease put together. She said Scotland has very different property laws than England, and was going to put me on the lease, but can leave me off and just do in husband's name too. I said to hold off until I asked you all.

Also unrelated question - no info on new fees yet on the settlement visas for April? What are they currently for both applying non-priority and priority? If they haven't gone up yet maybe I'll rush it :)
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 28
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2017, 06:49:56 PM »
I posted in the 2017 timeline thread too but it is encouraging to see some communication come through instead of just nothing. Hopefully they all start to trickle in and we will all be on our way soon! I've never been away from my husband this long since we have been married and he hasn't been away from our son this long ever. I know it hard but it's not forever. Taking things one day at a time here. No response for me today but hopefully soon!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:29:41 PM by ashlynnray28 »
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2017, 06:51:33 PM »

Hi everyone. Stalking your board as I plan to apply in April after my husband leaves to come to UK to start his new job under Category 2 so I apologize for bringing something up from a page 3.... saw this and just wanted to check...we are about to be renting a home in Scotland and I brought this quote to our letting agent's attention...we just found a house and are getting the lease put together. She said Scotland has very different property laws than England, and was going to put me on the lease, but can leave me off and just do in husband's name too. I said to hold off until I asked you all.

Also unrelated question - no info on new fees yet on the settlement visas for April? What are they currently for both applying non-priority and priority? If they haven't gone up yet maybe I'll rush it :)

Is there a reason you are not applying for your Tier 2 dependent visa at the same time?  Best to have your visa in line with your husbands.  Will make everything easier.  Also your visas will be processed in New York, so you'll have a totally different process and likely a MUCH faster processing time.   :)

While the onus is not on you to follow the legalities of the tenancy agreement (it's on the landlord), I'd wait until you both have your visas.  Just my 2p.

No word on fees yet.  It's a bit bizarre!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:53:43 PM by KFdancer »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab