Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: march timeline  (Read 26784 times)

• Liked: 13
Re: march timeline
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for shipping?

I was quoted by UPS at $136.41 for two-day shipping (arriving by 9 AM the third business day after sending by 6:45 PM on the first day). But that's two days until arriving at customs, and it will be a day or two in addition to that to arrive.

*This is for one-way shipping to London as I have to send my documents to a lawyer, so it may be slightly different to Sheffield.

Anyway, I'm curious how much money you actually saved. Maybe a lot!

it was $227 for round trip courier service. If I would've known it would take one week I would've paid for the 2-day round trip shipping directly with UPS.

« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2017, 05:57:57 PM »
It sounds like they paid for shipping via the VFS Global website... however, the only shipping option with VFS is 2-day UPS shipping: $227 round trip (to and from Sheffield) or $141 for just the return shipping back from Sheffield to the US.

There is no other option, and so if they did pay the $227, then they paid for a 2-day service that they did not receive and they should make a complaint (either to VFS Global or to UPS, depending on what the service shipping label actually had printed on it).

I thought it would be 2-day shipping with VFS but at the UPS store they said I had "saver" which usually took at least one week. It did.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2017, 06:00:46 PM »
it was $227 for round trip courier service. If I would've known it would take one week I would've paid for the 2-day round trip shipping directly with UPS.

But it should NOT have been 1 week shipping. VFS Global ONLY offers 2-day shipping and that's what you paid for.

I would check the label again (assuming you still have it in your emails) and see what it says on it for the shipping type/service.

If it says 'saver' (or similar) I would make a complaint to VFS Global and see if they will give you a refund or compensation of some kind.

If it says '2-day' shipping, I would make a complaint to the UPS store, because you paid for 2-day shipping and you didn't get it.

From the VFS Global website, regarding the courier service:

ROUTE / SERVICE
Sheffield Return Courier (2-day) – Settlement category   USD 141.00
Sheffield Round Trip Courier (2-day each way) – Settlement category   USD 227.00

« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »
I thought it would be 2-day shipping with VFS but at the UPS store they said I had "saver" which usually took at least one week. It did.

But you DID pay for 2-day shipping and looking on the UPS website 'Worldwide Saver' shipping is 2-day shipping (on the UPS website it says: "Delivery in two business days to Europe and Latin America").

As far as I can see, there is no reason at all why it should have taken 2 weeks to arrive and therefore I would make a complaint and see if you can get some money back. I haven't heard of anyone else's documents taking longer than 2-3 days to arrive in Sheffield using VFS Global shipping since they introduced the option.

« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
But you DID pay for 2-day shipping and looking on the UPS website 'Worldwide Saver' shipping is 2-day shipping (on the UPS website it says: "Delivery in two business days to Europe and Latin America").

As far as I can see, there is no reason at all why it should have taken 2 weeks to arrive and therefore I would make a complaint and see if you can get some money back. I haven't heard of anyone else's documents taking longer than 2-3 days to arrive in Sheffield using VFS Global shipping since they introduced the option.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll contact UPS/VFS about a refund.

It didn't take 2 weeks, it did take 1 week. In reviewing the shipping details it actually looks like even though I dropped it off on March 14 it didn't leave the store until late March 15  >:( .

It arrived in Sheffield Monday morning March 20.

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »

In the thread I accidentally wrote the wrong dates which I have now updated...I mailed it March 14 and it arrived March 20.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
OMG Frazieme, only a week!! Wow. Well, even if you are stuck stateside at least you aren't still in the mire of uncertainty. My entire life feels like it's on hold--can't get rid of too much stuff in case I'm stuck here for another few months, but can't dilly dally too much in case things go fast.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
In the thread I accidentally wrote the wrong dates which I have now updated...I mailed it March 14 and it arrived March 20.

Ah, okay - I was wondering why you were saying a week when your dates said 7th to 20th March :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 97
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
yeah AV I got so beyond lucky hitting the timing just right. I had been living in Dublin,Ireland for the last 5 years so nearly everything I own I already moved  over to him in  London(we took a pre wedding honeymoon to Mexico and then I spent 3 weeks in London before I came to the states) Came to do the application from my parents and while they are amazing, they moved from Boston to Burlington so I have no car, no friends around or job. Time is crawling by. If I had to add visa stress to it not sure what I would do. 

I didnt find this site until after I submitted my application otherwise I would totally have picked a different travel date. but live and learn and believe me I'm so appreciative of having it in my hands!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 537
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2017, 06:41:26 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I'll contact UPS/VFS about a refund.

It didn't take 2 weeks, it did take 1 week. In reviewing the shipping details it actually looks like even though I dropped it off on March 14 it didn't leave the store until late March 15  >:( .

It arrived in Sheffield Monday morning March 20.

To be fair to the UPS store, if you dropped your package off late on the 14th, after their package pick up, it wouldn't have been until the next day that they left the store. And it may have taken awhile on the the day they were picked up before they were scanned, even if they were moving up until when they were scanned.

It just depends on where you live and how active UPS is.

Either way, you had 2 day shipping and it shouldn't have been 5 days. Contact VFS Global (since you didn't purchase your shipping with UPS, I would leave them as a last resort). They should make that right.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2017, 08:04:34 PM »

I would still complain.  I've not heard it being anything other than 2 days for anyone (except when there have been problems, which happens).

• Liked: 6
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2017, 02:15:43 AM »
Hey all! I just recently applied for the spousal visa with priority service. Here is my current timeline:

Online application submitted:              Wednesday March 15, 2017
Biometrics appointment:                      Monday March 20, 2017
Documents sent with VFS UPS:            Tuesday March 21, 2017
Confirmation email from Sheffield:      Thursday March 23, 2017

And so the waiting begins!

Also, @alexgirl82, I'm also in Los Angeles! Here's to hoping we are soon on our way to the U.K.!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:12 AM »
Hey all! I just recently applied for the spousal visa with priority service. Here is my current timeline:

Online application submitted:              Wednesday March 15, 2017
Biometrics appointment:                      Monday March 20, 2017
Documents sent with VFS UPS:            Tuesday March 21, 2017
Confirmation email from Sheffield:      Thursday March 23, 2017

And so the waiting begins!

Also, @alexgirl82, I'm also in Los Angeles! Here's to hoping we are soon on our way to the U.K.!

Hi BeeCee, welcome!  :)  Hope it's a short wait!

• Liked: 14
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »
It's been in the 90s everyday this week! I've just been trying to take my son to do things I know we will miss when we're gone. And spending time outside instead of worry about the computer. Although this morning when we were talking about taking the dog to the airport next week he said "I'm just mad because Kele(the dog) gets to go live with daddy and we don't!" So that was a nice punch in the gut this morning!

Not sure if you used a pet relocation company or not. We had to because we have two pugs that were moving and I'm worried about them flying.

But our pets travel agent told me about this form....I wanted to make sure you know about it. Do we do it before or after we get there?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-transfer-of-residence-tor-relief-tor01

• Liked: 28
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
Yes we used a company and they have all the forms for us. It cost an absolute fortune but we didn't have to worry about anything.
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab