Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: march timeline  (Read 26806 times)

• Liked: 56
Re: march timeline
« Reply #510 on: April 28, 2017, 01:39:54 AM »
Oh good, I was worried there was a whole crowd before you. Considering how worried I am, you must be 10 days more worried. It'll be soon then!! Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nope! Those who applied just before me got a very quick decision. It seemed processing times slowed drastically just as I applied!
Hopefully we all get something back soon!
Impatient Brit waiting on a spouse visa for her American husband..
Non Priority application received by Sheffield on February 27 2017
Decision Email : May 16th

• Liked: 6
« Reply #511 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:02 PM »
VISA APPROVED! We just received our POSITIVE decision!

Here is my updated timeline for our priority application-

Online application submitted:              Wednesday March 15, 2017
Biometrics appointment:                      Monday March 20, 2017
Documents sent with VFS UPS:            Tuesday March 21, 2017
Confirmation email from Sheffield:      Thursday March 23, 2017
Decision made email:                           Tuesday April 25, 2017
Package received:                                 Friday April 28, 2017

I was super nervous about getting approved since we don't have a house there, nor was there anyone whose house we could use for the accommodation portion of the application. We ended up using a fully refundable hotel that we booked for two weeks with an explanatory letter about how we would look for a rental once we arrived.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #512 on: April 28, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »

I was super nervous about getting approved since we don't have a house there, nor was there anyone whose house we could use for the accommodation portion of the application. We ended up using a fully refundable hotel that we booked for two weeks with an explanatory letter about how we would look for a rental once we arrived.

Awesome news! Congratulations!! ;D

• Liked: 24
« Reply #513 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »

Congratulations! I bet you are elated!

Did you apply priority?

• Liked: 37
« Reply #514 on: April 28, 2017, 10:50:34 PM »

Congrats!

It's so heartening that they accepted your honest and reasonable explanation of accommodations. My wife and I are preparing to apply and have the letter from her parents that we could live with them, but it feels weird because it's so unlikely that we ever actually would live with them.  :P

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #515 on: April 28, 2017, 11:56:44 PM »
Congrats!

It's so heartening that they accepted your honest and reasonable explanation of accommodations. My wife and I are preparing to apply and have the letter from her parents that we could live with them, but it feels weird because it's so unlikely that we ever actually would live with them.  :P

You're just proving you will have a roof over your heads when you arrive.

You may not actually end up living there in the end but UKVI need to make sure that you will have somewhere suitable to stay and that you won't end up on the streets and in need of government assistance (since you won't be entitled to any).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 87
« Reply #516 on: April 28, 2017, 11:58:03 PM »

Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Liked: 97
« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »
Hi everyone! Arrived yesterday afternoon after the worst day of travel I have every had! Flight delayed 6 hours in Burlington so missed my connection to Gatwick in NYC!!! Luckily they personally rushed me on to the last flight of the day for Heathrow and then we sat on the Tarmac for two and a half hours when they fixe the plane! But I'm here and so happy!

Just to update you at Heathrow immigration wasn't too long of a line. Waited 40 minutes. They then asked me where we had gotten married and the date, his nationality, his full name and birthday and where we would be living. She then joked with me he doesn't have a middle name (which is weird isn't it!!!) and that was it 😍

Hope everyone is well and those waiting still it's gonna come...and worth every second to see their face at the gate and know you don't have to leave!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 6
« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
antoniaallegra - yes, we did apply priority!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
Hi everyone! Arrived yesterday afternoon after the worst day of travel I have every had! Flight delayed 6 hours in Burlington so missed my connection to Gatwick in NYC!!! Luckily they personally rushed me on to the last flight of the day for Heathrow and then we sat on the Tarmac for two and a half hours when they fixe the plane! But I'm here and so happy!

Just to update you at Heathrow immigration wasn't too long of a line. Waited 40 minutes. They then asked me where we had gotten married and the date, his nationality, his full name and birthday and where we would be living. She then joked with me he doesn't have a middle name (which is weird isn't it!!!) and that was it 😍

Hope everyone is well and those waiting still it's gonna come...and worth every second to see their face at the gate and know you don't have to leave!

Glad you made it after such a long wait for your dates to become valid.

I don't have a middle name.  And my name is as common as they come on top of that (thanks to marriage).

Enjoy living in the same country!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »

What a journey! Glad you're finally here. Enjoy!  ;D

• Liked: 537
« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2017, 08:20:49 PM »
Glad you got here safe and sound!

My husband doesn't have a middle name either... I think it's weird too.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

Glad you're here!

And in some cultures, a middle name isn't used. So there. :D
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 30
« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
Anyone heard anything? Going past the 8 week mark has driven me insane. I'm constantly tense and won't stop looking out for the email!

I applied just after you (rec'd in UK 6 March) and have been feeling just awful. We had to reapply and the first one came back very quickly so we didn't even think about doing priority. Now have had to reschedule our honeymoon! Fingers crossed for you, though I selfishly I am a little grateful not to feel alone in this anymore.
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

• Liked: 30
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2017, 12:57:51 AM »
Met: 6 Jan 2016
UK Marriage Visitor Visa: Sept 2016
1st Application Sent: 10 Jan 2016
1st Application Decision Email: 7 Feb 2017
1st Application Decision Rec'd: 9 Feb 2017 (refused due to missing information)
2nd Online Application: 27 Feb 2017
2nd Biometrics: 2 Mar 2017
2nd Sent application (non-priority): 3 Mar 2017
2nd Visa received at Sheffield: 6 Mar 2017
2nd Decision: TBD
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022