Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which Flight Ticket Site Does U.S Consulates Use?  (Read 2386 times)

• Liked: 0
Which Flight Ticket Site Does U.S Consulates Use?
« on: March 02, 2017, 05:56:19 AM »
I think they are trying to rip me off with $600 to $800 one way tickets when they can easily find tickets for $450 including the airline's official site.

They claim the "travel team" has "restrictions" on how they can use government funds, but I know enough that they just want to give me a relatively expensive ticket (I'm destitute, for a reason) so that it'll be harder for me to pay back the Repatriation Loan, end up paying interest, and they end up profiting.

So what are these "restrictions"? Why are they looking at Etihad airway's tickets and not Kuwait Airways? What can I do? Who can I contact?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Which Flight Ticket Site Does U.S Consulates Use?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:13:19 AM »
I think they are trying to rip me off with $600 to $800 one way tickets when they can easily find tickets for $450 including the airline's official site.

They claim the "travel team" has "restrictions" on how they can use government funds, but I know enough that they just want to give me a relatively expensive ticket (I'm destitute, for a reason) so that it'll be harder for me to pay back the Repatriation Loan, end up paying interest, and they end up profiting.

So what are these "restrictions"? Why are they looking at Etihad airway's tickets and not Kuwait Airways? What can I do? Who can I contact?

Hi AwesomeHairo.  :)   From what I have read, it is pretty difficult to get a Repatriation Loan at all these days. If I were you, I would jump on whichever flight they offer you and deal with paying for it once you are back home.  Best of luck.  :)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »
Hi. I actually were able to get the person to get their travel team to finally give me the $450 range price. I hope they're able to give it for Tuesday, though, as they gave some options for Sunday and Monday only if I come in today at a certain time (I won't make it).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »
Hi. I actually were able to get the person to get their travel team to finally give me the $450 range price. I hope they're able to give it for Tuesday, though, as they gave some options for Sunday and Monday only if I come in today at a certain time (I won't make it).

Glad to hear that they are working with you. Please let us know how it goes.  :)

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »

How long did the process take? Between calling and setting an appointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab