Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Listed as a temporary visitor on NHS  (Read 1266 times)

• Liked: 8
Listed as a temporary visitor on NHS
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
Hello

I arrived in the UK in May 2014 on a FLR (M) visa. I registered with the local surgery and they put me on a temporary visitor status saying that I have to re-register every 6 months until I receive citizenship.

I explained that I am not a temporary visitor but on the path to citizenship, they ignored me until i asked to speak with the office manager. I've worked full time since I arrived and unable to fight with these people about the correct way I should be registered. Since I just received my "granted" for my second FLR(M) I've explained to them this is ridiculous for me to be seen as a temporary visitor. I've now been asked to bring in my biometrics card and they will see if I qualify and they are asking my UK hubby to bring in his passport as well!!

Can someone give me advice on who I can contact about this?

Thank you
Apr 2010 First visit to the UK
Oct 2010 We were married
May 05 2014 Received 1st FLR (M)
May 27, 2014 Landed in the UK
July 25,2014 Started Working
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

• Liked: 3595
Listed as a temporary visitor on NHS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
Yes, they are required to see your BRP card in order to confirm you have paid the IHS surcharge for your new visa.

However, you should ever have been registered as a temporary patient in the first place and you do not have to keep re-registering... GP receptionists are known for not knowing the NHS rules for spousal visa holders and often tell people they don't qualify for treatment when actually they do.

I would try again with the GP and see what happens when you show your BRP card. You could also try contacting the local NHS trust (or whatever they are called now) to explain the situation.

If they still refuse to register you permanently and you can't get anywhere with them, I would recommend finding a new GP (if there is another one in your area) and registering with them instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:05:16 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 8
Re: Listed as a temporary visitor on NHS
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »
Thank you KSand24!! Its just shocking to me that they will not re- register my UK hubby until he gives them his passport as well and he's been a patient here since he was born
Apr 2010 First visit to the UK
Oct 2010 We were married
May 05 2014 Received 1st FLR (M)
May 27, 2014 Landed in the UK
July 25,2014 Started Working
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

• Liked: 3595
Re: Listed as a temporary visitor on NHS
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »
They're probably just being more thorough now - I think there's a lot of confusion amongst frontline NHS workers about who is entitled to NHS care and who needs to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab