Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visitor Visa refused  (Read 3791 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Marriage Visitor Visa refused
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:38 PM »
Thank you AV, for your advice on this - much appreciated.

It will be very helpful if you could please ask your partner for the list of documents for the Cat F...

That really makes me think that we would be better off marrying abroad and then applying for spouse visa. As you mentioned, it is still complicated after marriage?

Yes, if you want to get married in the UK you should apply for a fiance visa.

The rules are very strict, though, (for example, she can't leave and re-enter the UK after she gets married but is still on the fiance visa), so please check out all of the requirements before applying.

You will then have to apply for another visa after 6 months, but she can stay in the UK while you apply.

My wife and I applied under category F, too. It's extremely complicated. I can't promise she will know the answers to everything, but I can ask if you have questions about category F. The most important thing is to get paper copies of everything.

Good luck!

Just saw your update: Yes, it would be less complicated to get married in a different country and then apply for the spousal visa. If you look back to the response I posted last month, you'll see that I mentioned the same information. :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
It will be very helpful if you could please ask your partner for the list of documents for the Cat F...

You really should check the official guidance for the list as that is exactly what you need.

That really makes me think that we would be better off marrying abroad and then applying for spouse visa. As you mentioned, it is still complicated after marriage?

It's exactly the same. Whether you get a fiancé visa or marry abroad and apply for a spousal visa, it's the same - same documents, same requirements.

In fact, every visa you apply for over the next 5 years will have the same document requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »
Thank you very much Ksand24, this is very very helpful.... I will look into our options and the documentation requirements on Cat F and come back on it again...

Thank you again...

The fiancé visa documents are exactly the same as for the spousal visa - except that instead of proving you are already married, you provide evidence of your wedding plans.

It really is cheaper and easier to marry abroad and apply for a spousal visa.

The visa routes, with current prices:

Marry in the UK
- fiancé visa, valid 6 months, no work allowed, no free NHS access. Cost: £1,464
- FLR(M) visa, valid 30 months, work allowed, free NHS access. Cost: £993 + £500 NHS surcharge
- second FLR(M) visa, valid 30 months, work allowed, free NHS access. Cost: £993 + £500 NHS surcharge
- ILR after 5 years on FLR(M). Cost: £2,297

Total number of visas = 4
Total visa cost (current fees) = £6,747 plus any priority processing fees

Marry abroad
- spousal visa, valid 33 months, work allowed, free NHS access. Cost: £1,464 + £600 NHS surcharge
- FLR(M) visa, valid 30 months, work allowed, free NHS access. Cost: £993 + £500 NHS surcharge
- ILR after 5 years on FLR(M). Cost: £2,297

Total number of visas = 3
Total visa cost (current fees) = £5,283 plus any priority processing fees

• Liked: 210
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:46 AM »
Thank you AV, for your advice on this - much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a list of documents for Category F as it depends on your circumstances. For example, you might be a self-employed contractor...or you might co-own a limited company. The document requirements are really different. You might have dividends, or you might get your income based on contracts. You have to document that you meet the financial requirements and that you're doing so in a legal way (such as, in the case of a limited company, meeting all of the requirements of a limited company).

If you can ask a more specific question, I can try to pass that on. But it's too hard to say what you will need for category F as it has a lot of variations.

Category F is a LOT of paperwork. Because we had some complicated issues, we chose (at the recommendation of this forum) to work with a law firm. That doesn't mean it's a requirement for you (and it's not cheap), but if money is no object it's something to consider.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 12:03:16 AM »
Hello Ksand24,

I am back here again after few months and now a married man. We got married in Thailand last month and applying for the spouse visa next week.

Filling in the appendix 2 form stuck at one of the questions wonder if you or someone can guide please...

ii) Does your sponsor’s self employment earning (before tax)
in the last full financial year meet or exceed the financial
requirement you must meet?
Yes or No. If ‘yes’ go to Part 3D.

I am the sponsor and come into 3C (Director of limited company working as a contractor) and going to provide last full financial year accounts so Cat F.

The initial requirement suggested that min financial requirement to meet is £18600 and when filling in the figures i was given by my account for income before tax came to £40K including dividends. Understand i should say Yes to the above question?

But then it says to go to 3D and that section appears all about other sources of income - which i have none so dont understand what to use the 3D section for?

Could you please guide me here?

Best regards
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:04:41 AM by Mvvhelp17 »

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 06:14:59 AM »
If you are applying under Category F, you HAVE to say yes to this question.... because if you say no, then you are saying you do not qualify under Category F.

So, you tick Yes and go to Part 3D.

Then you leave Part 3D blank because it does not apply to you as it is for people applying under Category C (Non-employment income).

Looking at the form, it seems that it might be a typo telling you to go to Part 3D... because once you have ticked Yes, you are finished with the financial requirement section of the application.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 09:15:34 PM »
Thank you very much Ksand24 for your confirmation and advice on this...

My wife' submitting the application next week and have realised that we do not seem to have a good case on the accommodation details. The reason being I am living in Manchester temporarily (without a rental agreement) with the landlord in his 4 bed house. Landlord is happy to give a letter of confirmation that I live here mentioning that he's happy for my wife to join me. He has also provided a copy of his ID, mortgage statement & electric bill. But i have nothing in my name in this house. All the bills, bank statements, company directorship are in old address.

Would you have any advice for me in this regards? Could this be a concern for the authorities?

Best regards,

If you are applying under Category F, you HAVE to say yes to this question.... because if you say no, then you are saying you do not qualify under Category F.

So, you tick Yes and go to Part 3D.

Then you leave Part 3D blank because it does not apply to you as it is for people applying under Category C (Non-employment income).

Looking at the form, it seems that it might be a typo telling you to go to Part 3D... because once you have ticked Yes, you are finished with the financial requirement section of the application.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab