Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Jimbo and other Londoners - Urgent help needed!  (Read 728 times)

• Liked: 4985
Jimbo and other Londoners - Urgent help needed!
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
Tomorrow is our "babymoon" and we are going into London to see a show on the Strand.  My beloved was in charge of finding lunch...  well, nothing sorted.   ::)

We arrive into Waterloo, show on the Strand.  Where should we eat?  I would love something with atmosphere, be either quirky, lively, or a view.

Will need gluten free options but we can figure that out by looking at the menu.

HELP!!!!!

Re: Jimbo and other Londoners - Urgent help needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »
Okay, we spoke to hubbys BFF.  Aiming for Aqua Shard (figure the Shard will be cool) and Skylon as our back up.  Duck and Waffle is booked.

Jimbo, any feedback on those?

• Liked: 1892
Jimbo and other Londoners - Urgent help needed!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
I'm flattered, but you seem to have mistaken me for some hipster who eats out at those fancy restaurants.  I'm afraid that our restaurant choices are limited by wether or not our kids can stop kicking each other under the table.   

I don't know anything about the places you mentioned.  The shard is fun to visit, don't know about the restaurant. 

Near Waterloo on the South Bank is Wahaca, which is fancy hip Mexican food.  It was OK but I would have preferred Taco Bell. I think that's got some atmosphere as you can hang out by the river on the South Bank.

If you are stuck, I would also think of going to a Jamie Oliver place, like Barbecoa.  I've eaten at his place in the Oracle a few times and was really impressed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:22:22 AM by jimbocz »

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:50:54 AM »
Lol!  Yes, I thought you were hip and trendy.   ;)

We ALWAYS eat at Wahaca.  I love it (as does my husband and kid).  And it's always safe for gluten free.  But we want to be fancy as we have no kiddo.

We are booked into the Shard.  Gorgeous day, so we think it'll be a good choice.

Do you do that?  My husband has been in charge or sorting lunch for two weeks, yet hadn't done anything.  Are you all the same?   ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
Are you kidding?  If my wife put me in charge of lunch it would be all booked up, a 7 course tasting menu from Heston that would take 3 hours with plenty of beer.  My wife would be furious, as her idea of lunch is a subway sub eaten as quickly as possible so we can start walking again, preferably up hill. 

The last grown up fancy night out we had, we talked about the kids all night and were yawning at 9:45 Pm.  Hope you make it a bit later!

I also feel for you going to a comedy show and sitting near the front.  The first comedian is going to notice you and make you talk.  After that, it's going to be open season on the pregnant American!  They won't be able to resist!  It always happens to me as well I'm like a magnet to belly dancers, stand up comedians and circus clowns.  🤡 

• Liked: 68
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Do you do that?  My husband has been in charge or sorting lunch for two weeks, yet hadn't done anything.  Are you all the same?   ;D

If it makes you feel better, my husband can't make a decision on anything. He couldn't pick where he wanted to go for his birthday a few weeks ago, and we decided that we'd save going out until this weekend instead of Valentine's Day because I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast (yes, NO SHAME, haha!) and we would be able to go out to eat as well. Do you think he has thought about where he wants to eat despite me asking him every day? Nope.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 11:49:54 AM »
If it makes you feel better, my husband can't make a decision on anything. He couldn't pick where he wanted to go for his birthday a few weeks ago, and we decided that we'd save going out until this weekend instead of Valentine's Day because I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast (yes, NO SHAME, haha!) and we would be able to go out to eat as well. Do you think he has thought about where he wants to eat despite me asking him every day? Nope.

God, you are making him go out to see Beauty and the Beast at the theatre?   Poor guy.  I hope he picks Hooter's for dinner.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »
My husband can't wait to see Beauty and the Beast but Emma Watson is on "his list" (perv).

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
Speaking as someone who is forced to watch all the old Harry Potter movies again and again, Emma Watson is most certainly not on any list.  She's like 12 or something.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
Even if Hooters was a choice, he still wouldn't be able to decide if he wanted to go there or not!

And yes, Beauty and the Beast :-) Been planning to see this since last year! I've been putting up with his movies a lot recently so he owes me this :-D

I was not thrilled when I heard Emma Watson was going to play Belle, but when I saw the trailer I thought she suited it. In fact I wasn't thrilled when I heard they were making a live action movie of it to begin with either but now I can't wait.

Sorry to hijack your thread with that KFDancer! I hope your babymoon goes well :-)

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
Girl, I can't wait for Beauty and the Beast either.  I saw Emma on Ellen recently and her enthusiasm for the role was contagious!  She said if you had told her when she was 5 she would get to pretend to be Belle one day, she would have died.

Babymoon day was fantastic.  Lunch was excellent, though rather comical as we are SO not fancy people and were easily spotted as such.  I'd highly recommend it!  Reasonable enough at £36 for 3 courses.

We saw Dreamgirls and it was outstanding.  I've really been wanting to see it and am so glad that I have!

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
Are you online on the night of Baby moon?  Go away and live your life!

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
And I would if my husband wasn't "in battle" on the game on his phone.  Eh, we're on our way home.  We've done 9 hours together, that's pretty good right?   ;)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
Glad you had a nice time  :)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab