Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Davis: no assessment of economic impact of leaving EU with no deal  (Read 976 times)

• Liked: 533
"Q: Has the government made an assessment of the economic impact of leaving with no deal?

Davis says not since he has been secretary of state.

There was an assessment before the referendum, but that assessment has not turned out to be robust."

Incompetence.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/mar/15/david-davis-gives-evidence-to-commons-brexit-committee-politics-live?page=with:block-58c90b9ee4b0bd9dcee58dcd#liveblog-navigation
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 163
Re: Davis: no assessment of economic impact of leaving EU with no deal
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:03:07 PM »
Why ask the question if a) you don't want to know the answer, or b) you know you won't like the answer, or c) it doesn't matter what the answer is because you're going ahead with your stupid plan anyway.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:46:21 PM »
You guys are worried about nothing.  Boris says it will be no probs.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »
Boris says it will be no probs.

He seems to be suggesting that a royal yacht is the answer:

“It is my view that it would indeed add greatly to the soft power of this country, a soft power which is already very considerable."

It could be pulled, Lord Palmerston-style, into ports around the world and business people would come down to the dock and sign contracts.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links