Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question RE: Financial Requirement for Marriage Visa - Category B  (Read 484 times)

• Liked: 0
My wife is planning on moving to the UK, applying for the marriage visa in April. I'm going to be moving jobs to a new company only a few weeks before she will apply for the visa.

Will I need to prove prior income or will the new position suffice (salary £33k and 3 year contract)? I will have no payslips from the new job by the time we were planning on applying, but I will have a signed contract and will have started the job. My previous job paid £19k, and then £25k for a three months prior to the job change.

• Liked: 3589
Re: Question RE: Financial Requirement for Marriage Visa - Category B
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:14 AM »
In order to meet the financial requirement under Category B, where you have been with your current employer for less than 6 months, you must show:

- evidence of a current job paying at least £18,600 per year
AND
- total earnings (before tax) of at least £18,600 in the previous 12 months before the visa application date

So, in order to show you meet the requirements, you will need to send the following documents:
- current job contract for the new job
- a letter from your new employer stating ALL of the following:
1) current employment and salary
2) length of employment
3) length of time earning current salary
4) type of employment
AND
- 12 months of original payslips from all jobs you have held in that time
- 12 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 01:45:57 AM »
As a follow-up to this question (I am the wife) -- if the position is not started until after the application is submitted, will it suffice to prove 12 months of income + a contract from the new job stating start date/income/etc?

My husband is starting the new job mid April, and we are applying early April. His previous job (at 25k) will end directly before the new one begins, so the income is met either way -- just curious about the fact the job is being started after and not before we apply, or if we need to wait to apply until he's started officially?
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 03:39:51 AM »
As a follow-up to this question (I am the wife) -- if the position is not started until after the application is submitted, will it suffice to prove 12 months of income + a contract from the new job stating start date/income/etc?

Yes, I think that should be fine, although normally a job offer + 12 months income is only used when the sponsor is currently living overseas and is returning to the UK at the same time as you, rather than for switching jobs in the UK.

His previous job (at 25k) will end directly before the new one begins, so the income is met either way -- just curious about the fact the job is being started after and not before we apply, or if we need to wait to apply until he's started officially?

I think it should be fine to submit with just the job offer, but there is nothing in the guidance about being able to do it if the sponsor is currently residing in the UK.... it's up to you if you wanted to wait until he starts the new job or not.

Will he still be employed with his current company on the date you submit the online application?

If so, I would submit all the evidence from the current job as well as the new job offer:
- current job contract
- letter from his current employer
- 12 months payslips
- 12 months bank statements
- P60
AND
-new job offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links