Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Checklist  (Read 886 times)

• Liked: 6
FLR(M) Checklist
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:37:21 AM »
Hello, I'm in the process of switching my current marriage visa to the FLR(M) visa. I would like to know what documents I will need to support this application. Just a little background on my situation, my husband and I are living with his parents and they own their own home. He is working full time on a permanent contract but he was out of work for three months due to a spinal injury and surgery. He was receiving full pay at this time. Also do we need to have 6 letters of correspondence when I have only been in the UK for a few months. My current visa will also expire on April 20th is there an absolute deadline before April 20th obviously before we must have the application submitted? Thank you.

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) Checklist
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »
My current visa will also expire on April 20th is there an absolute deadline before April 20th obviously before we must have the application submitted? Thank you.

You can submit the application any time from when you get married (once you have the marriage certificate) to the expiry date of the fiance visa.

We are expecting the visa fees to rise in early April, though nothing has been published yet, so if you can get your application in before then, you should save a bit of money.

The documents you need to provide are almost exactly the same as for the fiance visa (and are listed on the FLR(M) application form - so you can check there for details):

General
- completed FLR(M) application
- your current passport
- all of your previous passports
- 2 passport photos of you with your full name on the back

Sponsor's documents
- your husband's passport... you can send a photocopy of this, but you must include every page
- 1 passport photo of your husband with his full name on the back
- a letter of confirmation of sponsorship from him (if applying by post)

Accommodation
- letter from his parents giving you permission to keep living there and stating the home is not overcrowded
- his parents' Land Registry document
- Optional: their latest original mortgage statement

Finances - assuming Category A (with employer more than 6 months, earning £18,600 for all of that time)
- 6 months of your husband's original payslips
- 6 months of your husband's original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip
- Letter from his employer stating ALL of the following:
1) current employment and salary
2) length of employment
3) length of time earning current salary
4) type of employment
(they can also explain the time he had off sick)
- his original job contract
- his latest P60 (though this year's one won't be issued for a few weeks so he may only have last year's one at the time of application)

Relationship

- your marriage certificate
- a photo of you together (if you are applying by post)
- 6 official documents in each name, addressed to both of you at the same address, spread evenly over the time you have lived together... they must be from at least 3 different sources and can be jointly or separately addressed. As you haven't lived together for long, you may not have 6 each, so you can include what you do have and then explain in a letter why you don't have more.

However, you will need to provide 2 years of the same documents for the next FLR(M) visa, so if you don't already, I would get your name on as many things as possible as soon as you can.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
Hi Ksand24,

My husband and I have only lived together for 4 months so there are no documents that contain both our names together. So, I am not sure how we can fulfill this requirement.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »
Hi Ksand24,

My husband and I have only lived together for 4 months so there are no documents that contain both our names together. So, I am not sure how we can fulfill this requirement.

As Ksand mentioned, mail in separate names to the same address is acceptable.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:02:11 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »
Thank you so much for the information. I don't really have official documents. They are just letters from family members and loyalty cards from stores. I have not been able to sign up for a bank account or for the local doctors office or anything like that. I am not sure if what I have would satisfy this requirement.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
Thank you so much for the information. I don't really have official documents. They are just letters from family members and loyalty cards from stores. I have not been able to sign up for a bank account or for the local doctors office or anything like that. I am not sure if what I have would satisfy this requirement.

If you really have nothing official at all, then just write a letter to explain you have only been in the UK 4 months and do not have any mail yet.

The instructions for what to do and what documents are acceptable are all listed on the FLR(M) application form... have a read through of it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab