Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Home Office ref number for Life in the UK test?  (Read 12954 times)

• Liked: 85
Home Office ref number for Life in the UK test?
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
Finally got the council tax bill, so I can go ahead and book my Life in the UK test. The online booking asks for my Home Office reference number, so I dug out my 'grant of leave to remain' letter from my most recent FLR(M), and that doesn't have a reference number, but a 'Case ID'.

I know I'm probably being overly prescriptive in making sure the terminology matches up, but are Home Office reference and Case ID in effect the same thing?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Home Office ref number for Life in the UK test?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »
Okay, I'm not the best reference as I'm scheduled to take mine on the 8th.

But I just left it blank.  I have so many HO ref numbers from over the years.  I just used the BRP and called it a day.  I had no issue registering.  I assume I won't have any issue on the day.

Now I just need to get motivated enough to read the freaking book.  I'm 30 pages in.  It really helps me fall asleep!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:35:21 PM »
Perfect. I honestly am losing my will to care about the Home Office's/this government's constant rhetoric and general toxicity, so skipping it suits me brilliantly. 359 days until I am eligible to apply for ILR ... not that I'm counting.

Good luck with revising! I've flipped through, and it all looks easily memorisable (not a real word), if occasionally laughable. "Many people in the UK enjoy cooking. They often invite each other to their homes for dinner." Oh, do shut up.

What I'm saying is that you'll be fine. And well-rested.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »
That's funny, I've been working on this today too, for my husband!  :)

My worry is that he has a first name, middle name, last name but when I filled in the appropriate fields and finished registering, only first and last names appear.
All 3 names are on the BRP and proof of address, so why don't they appear on the system if it is such a big deal that they match exactly?

FWIW I left the home office number blank too.  :)

• Liked: 82
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »
Perfect. I honestly am losing my will to care about the Home Office's/this government's constant rhetoric and general toxicity, so skipping it suits me brilliantly. 359 days until I am eligible to apply for ILR ... not that I'm counting.

Good luck with revising! I've flipped through, and it all looks easily memorisable (not a real word), if occasionally laughable. "Many people in the UK enjoy cooking. They often invite each other to their homes for dinner." Oh, do shut up.

What I'm saying is that you'll be fine. And well-rested.
502 for me. Well 501, but it's a Sunday :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
All 3 names are on the BRP and proof of address, so why don't they appear on the system if it is such a big deal that they match exactly?

Why is everything that's apparently such a big deal to the Home Office such an utter shambles? This is the question that philosophers will still be debating centuries from now.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
That's funny, I've been working on this today too, for my husband!  :)

My worry is that he has a first name, middle name, last name but when I filled in the appropriate fields and finished registering, only first and last names appear.

FWIW I left the home office number blank too.  :)

I only have a first and last name.  Always interesting filling out forms!

I get ILR in September!  But I'm due in a matter of weeks. Im really thinking I need to knock this dumb test out before baby is here.  I've already delayed it once....   ::)

CANNOT. GET. MOTIVATED.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

I get ILR in September!  But I'm due in a matter of weeks. Im really thinking I need to knock this dumb test out before baby is here.  I've already delayed it once....   ::)

CANNOT. GET. MOTIVATED.
Ooh congrats on the baby. I would deffo get it done before baby arrives. Every time I get my book out to read, my daughter (21 months old) grabs it. And if i get the book out after she's asleep, it puts me to sleep in 2-3 pages :(

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »

CANNOT. GET. MOTIVATED.

It's hard to get motivated because you probably know 70% of this stuff without revising. Which is enough to scrape a pass.

You'll ace it, have the kid, get ILR and be a citizen before you know it.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
It's hard to get motivated because you probably know 70% of this stuff without revising. Which is enough to scrape a pass.

You'll ace it, have the kid, get ILR and be a citizen before you know it.

Eh, I've got the app with the practice tests... depends.  I mostly pass but barely.

I've learned that the national flower of Wales is the daffodil.  Got that wrong on a practice test.  That's about all I've got so far!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »
I only have a first and last name.

Thanks KFd.
Anyone else tried to register recently with first, middle and last names? Did all three appear or only first and last?

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »
Thanks KFd.
Anyone else tried to register recently with first, middle and last names? Did all three appear or only first and last?

Same for me.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:55 PM »
Eh, I've got the app with the practice tests... depends.  I mostly pass but barely.

I've learned that the national flower of Wales is the daffodil.  Got that wrong on a practice test.  That's about all I've got so far!
Oooh I didn't know there was an app. This I why I love this forum

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 01:40:51 AM »
Ah, yes.  It is called, "The Office Life in the UK Test" 3rd Edition.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 04:06:02 AM »
Same for me.

You have only two names or... you entered first, middle, last and only two appear on your account? (Unless you go in to edit)

Sponsored Links