Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Document Checklist for extension of spouse visa.....Spare eyes appreciated  (Read 1460 times)

• Liked: 11
I need a sanity check here please  ::)

Personal
-2 passport photos with full name on back (Applicant)
-1 passport photo with full name on back (Spouse)

-Applicant passport
-Spouse passport

-Childrens birth certificates (both british born)

-6 letters EACH addressed to us from 3 different sources from 2014 to 2017. We dont have any joint letters so thats why i say 6 each.

-Letter from my father to confirm that we have been living at his home for that time period.

Financial

-Rental Contract
-Rental statements from Estate Agency
-Stamped 6 months bank statements
-Land Registry Title

-401k annual statement covering six month period (they only do annual)
-Letter from 401k providers stating amount in there, time held, fully vested and readily accessible.

Then of course the payment details.

I feel like im missing a load more!

TIA

• Liked: 3595
You seem to have most of it.

A few points:

- don't forget the application form

- don't forget your marriage certificate

- you also need your father's Land Registry document. Optional: his  latest mortgage statement if he has a mortgage

- You can just send a full photocopy (all pages) of the sponsor's passport rather than sending the actual passport.

- The applicant should also send all previous passports ever held.

- If either of you have been married before, you'll need your divorce decree(s).

Are you applying by post?
If so, you'll also need:
- a letter from the sponsor in support of the application
- a photo of you both together

Can you list what documents you have for the '6 each'? The type and date of each document... just to check that they meet the requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry this has been so long in replying. Ive been so busy at work!!

Thank you for your response.

Letters are from

Dvla, bank, jobcentreplus, hmrc, dwp.

2x 2014
4 x 2015
4 x 2016
2 x 2016

They are evenly split over the years.

Added marriage cert thanks!

Letter from dad done. Just got to dig out land reg again. We applied online in the end so it didnt request land reg docs or i didnt see it did.

I cant remember if my hubbies sent all old passports in last time or not. It hasnt asked us for it on the online form. I will ask him later!

Just waiting for my last rental payment and then i can get my bank statements done and then its going. Hopefully in 2 weeks.

Be so glad to see the back of it 😂

Your input is much appreciated!!!

• Liked: 3595
Dvla, bank, jobcentreplus, hmrc, dwp.

2x 2014
4 x 2015
4 x 2016
2 x 2016

They are evenly split over the years.

What dates are they from? If you have separate documents from each of you, they should be dated as close to each other as possible. You also only need to cover 2 years, so you don't need anything from 2014.

For example:

1 each from June 2015
1 each from October 2015
1 each from Feb 2016
1 each from June 2016
1 each from October 2016
1 each from Feb 2017

Letter from dad done. Just got to dig out land reg again. We applied online in the end so it didnt request land reg docs or i didnt see it did.

If you can't find the Land Registry document, you can always download an official copy from the Land Registry website for about £3.

Honestly, I'm a bit wary of the online application because it has different questions compared with the paper application, and it seems to have a few bugs in it.

I cant remember if my hubbies sent all old passports in last time or not. It hasnt asked us for it on the online form. I will ask him later!

It won't necessarily tell you on the online form. It's up to you to do your research and find out if it is needed.

The paper form tells you that you need:
13A All applicants
- Your valid passport or a national identity card.
- Any previous passports or travel documents you have held during your stay in the UK.

Now, I notice it says 'during your stay in the UK', but over the last few years, we have always advised to send all of them. Guess it's up to you how you want to interpret it.

For the initial fiance/spousal visa, it says you need to send previous passports, so we've always assumed they want the same for FLR(M) as well, since the documents are almost exactly the same for both visas (you're essentially applying for the same visa again, just from inside the UK).

• Liked: 537
I didn't send my old passport for my FLR application in February and my visa was approved just fine.

It also had nothing in it that dealt with my move or visits to the UK for my relationahip.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Thanks for your replies. Ive amended as you advised. My paperwork is all in the file ready now. Just waiting for the last rental this week so I can add my stamped bank statements and then its going. Then im free of this for now!!!!! Hurrah

lyonaria we are in Derbyshire too!! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab