Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about spousal Visa  (Read 280 times)

• Im in love with a beautiful woman
  • Liked: 11
Questions about spousal Visa
« on: March 22, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
Hi There

I just want to start out by thanking those in this group who have helped me and partner so far but i have a few questions.

We are applying for her visa next month as I'm just coming up to my six month mark in my job which does pay way over the financial requirement.

Basically I currently live with my parents and we are in the process of buying a flat together now I may only be able to get a mortgage in principal as things are holding us back a bit with a few lenders..... In the mean time my mother and father have said that they will write a letter saying that we can stay with them however because they are vicars they do not own the house..... the church of England does, People have told me that because they are ministers of religion they are almost looked at as good standing citizens but does this mean that i will still need to get some info from the church i guess to ok this ?

I know its a bit confusing but yeh kinda stuck with this one

Thanks
Ed
EDDDDDDDDDD

• Liked: 97
Re: Questions about spousal Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:22:39 PM »
Hi Edward! They don't care who owns the property as long as a letter is written by the landlord inviting the person to live in the property and you include a land registry document.

That being said given who owns the property can you even get a letter from them? A few other senior members here may be better able to advise if a letter from just your parents would suffice but I know normally it's a letter from the property owner.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:40 PM »
Correct, have the Land Registry document pulled for the house and see who is listed as the owner.  It may be registered to the church itself.  In that case, I would imagine the session or equivalent would need to provide the permission.  This isn't insurmountable but could just take a bit longer than you may think.

I assume you mean buying a flat with your parents?  As your partner won't be able to qualify to be included for some time.

I'd focus on getting permission for where you currently live and have a tick in the box!   :)

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:54 PM »
Interesting..... nope the flat is being bought by me and my Partner is helping with the down payment 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:18 PM »
If I get the mortgage in principal all sorted by application but not closed on the deal quite yet will that not be suffice ?

EDDDDDDDDDD

• Liked: 3595
Questions about spousal Visa
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 11:50:30 PM »
No, you have to actually own the property in order to use it for the accommodation requirement... which means you need to provide the Land Registry document that lists you as the owner... and you won't have that until a month or two after you have purchased the property.

I bought a house last year - we exchanged contracts mid-March, I got the keys end-March, moved in early April and got my Land Registry document around late April, I think, maybe early May.

A mortgage in principal doesn't really mean anything in regards to owning - it just confirms that the mortgage lender has agreed to give you the money when you actually buy the house.

Really, the only thing you can do is use your parents' house for the accommodation requirement and see if you can sort out exactly who owns it and who needs to provide the letter giving permission for you to live there too.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:56:00 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »
So I pulled of the register and it said the owner is the incumbent benefice of the church so technically (after googling the definitions) this means my parents do own it ?

EDDDDDDDDDD

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 02:24:10 AM »
I would assume so, though I don't know all the details regarding how it works... maybe they could check with the church just to make sure.

If they are considered the owner then you would just need the Land Registry document and a letter from them for the visa documents.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab