Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A few more questions about Spousal Visa  (Read 3468 times)

• Liked: 3589
A few more questions about Spousal Visa
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:48:10 PM »
I agree with Frazieme... the sponsor letter is way too long... even the cut-down version is too long. Your reasons for settling in the UK need not be more than 1 sentence.

My suggestion for the letter:

To the Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to sponsor my wife, Alyssa Guest, for a spousal settlement visa.  I am a UK Citizen and have lived in the UK continuously since birth.

I am employed by the ...................., as a Senior Technician- Theatres & Events. I started the job on 12th October 2016 and earn an annual salary of £33,284. Therefore, as of 12th April 2017 I meet category A of the financial requirement and am including the relevant documentation to prove this.

When the visa is granted, my wife and I plan to live with my parents at their 4-bedroom house at the following address ..................................... With only my parents, myself and Alyssa living there, the home will not be overcrowded. The Land Registry document shows that the owner is the incumbent benefice, which is my father. I have included a copy of my father's licence for the church, along with a letter of permission from him.

Alyssa and I met on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas cruise ship, where we both worked, on 5th July 2015, and entered into a relationship in October 2015. Since leaving the ship in November 2015, we have kept in regular contact using WhatsApp calls and messages. Alyssa visited me in the UK from January to July 2016 and we got engaged on 13th February 2016 in Minehead. I then flew to Texas for two weeks in August 2016. Alyssa took a short trip to the UK for New Years in December 2016 and then I returned to Texas in March 2017 where we married in Fort Worth, TX on 13th March 2017. We are choosing to settle in the UK together because we fit in very well here and really love this country.

Regards,
Edward Anthony Guest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:58:47 PM by ksand24 »

• Im in love with a beautiful woman
  • Liked: 11
Re: A few more questions about Spousal Visa
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 11:54:34 PM »
Thanks for this yeh will deffo strip it down :) and thanks for the list of the things we need, you guys are very helpful :)

EDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »
So i just clarified with the HR department what needs to go in the letter and also when the letter will need to be written,

Will it be OK if they send me it through email for me to print off or does this literally need to come from their hands ( it will be on the company letter head as well)

Literally wanna get everything right within the next week really as both my wife and I are very busy these coming weeks.

Thanks 
EDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »
Will it be OK if they send me it through email for me to print off or does this literally need to come from their hands ( it will be on the company letter head as well)

No, it has to be an original, signed letter - scanned copies are not acceptable.

Literally wanna get everything right within the next week really as both my wife and I are very busy these coming weeks.

How exactly are you going to do this all this week when you cannot qualify for the visa until after April 12th?

Since you will not reach 6 months at your job until April 12th, your company cannot write the letter until AFTER April 12th... because they have to confirm that, on the date the letter is written, you have been employed by them for AT LEAST 6 months.

If you get one written now, in March, you will only have been employed by them for 5.5 months, which does not meet the visa requirement... and the visa may well be refused.

Edited to add: I perhaps read your above post incorrectly - am I right in thinking you have just told the company what will need to be in the letter, but that they will not be writing it for another 3 weeks?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:37:39 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
I'm not having it written until the 12/13th April
I work for a very large council... the Hr team needed to be notified a week or two in advanced and that's not a problem I will simply go down to the offices and pick up the letter :)

EDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »
I'm not having it written until the 12/13th April
I work for a very large council... the Hr team needed to be notified a week or two in advanced and that's not a problem I will simply go down to the offices and pick up the letter :)

Ah, yes - I just edited my post above, because I realised you said 'when the letter will need to be written' and thought maybe I'd misunderstood what you meant.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 09:53:47 AM »
Hooray! Hope everything goes well for you. :D
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »
So I paid to get a copy of the Land Registry is the copy ok to send in ? because i have no idea of how to get the original documentation?
EDDDDDDDDDD

• Liked: 97
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 08:27:54 PM »
the copy is more than fine! Loads use the official copy instead of the original. don't worry  :) you are doing all the right things.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
So I paid to get a copy of the Land Registry is the copy ok to send in ? because i have no idea of how to get the original documentation?

Yes, it's fine.

The 'copy' you paid for is actually the official documentation and is considered original for the purpose of the visa (since you paid for it, and downloaded it, from the government website).

• Liked: 42
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »
Thanks so much guys! Compiling our lists and might have booked a cheeky trip for me to visit him to get it all before we apply definitely look out for lots more checking in haha.

So far I've blurred out the content of our texts- one per month for the duration that we've known each other. A biiiiiit concerned because some show the year but others don't. The first 6 do show the year. Just the other 15 (soon to be 16) don't. This shouldn't be a problem though, right?

--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

• Liked: 97
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
someone made the point to me on here that in the days before text and stuff they wouldn't be able to hear the content on your phone calls. So all they are looking for is to see that the communication happened.

it made so much sense and I hadn't thought about it like that!

as for the year.. do you have anything else that shows communication on it with the year you may be able to use? others on the site might have a better idea if the year is needed, but I'm guessing you need something that would prove communication during that time.

im so envious of your cheeky trip. 32 days, 9 hours and 32 minutes until I'm on a plane to see my husband  ;D hadn't been apart more than 4 weeks in the past and this time it will be 16! struggling big time!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:51:35 PM by Frazieme »
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 05:48:07 PM »
someone made the point to me on here that in the days before text and stuff they wouldn't be able to hear the content on your phone calls. So all they are looking for is to see that the communication happened.

it made so much sense and I hadn't thought about it like that!

Yes, exactly... pretend it's the '90s, you don't have internet access, and your only form of regular communication is a landline phone.

To show you call each other regularly, you would provide your itemised phone bill... and that bill would only show the date, number called and the length of call, nothing more. It would not include a recording of your conversation.

It's similar with emails, texts, and messages... they just want to see how often you communicate, and that the communication has been regular over the course of your relationship. They do not care what you talk about.

So far I've blurred out the content of our texts- one per month for the duration that we've known each other. A biiiiiit concerned because some show the year but others don't. The first 6 do show the year. Just the other 15 (soon to be 16) don't. This shouldn't be a problem though, right?

Rather than blurring it out, why not just screenshot only the date and time and cut out the conversation all together?

I would think that it will be okay without the year, since I'm assuming you are only showing communication over the course of 1 year or so anyway (2016, right?). If you were trying to prove, say, 5 years, of communication and you had no years listed on them, it could be an issue.

• Liked: 42
A few more questions about Spousal Visa
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »
The texts are from July 2015 up to now. I've already blurred the content so that's not a problem (and I understand why, there's no confusion there)- was going to print out maybe like 6 or so to a page? Here's one so you get a better picture of why I can't really just do the date and time:

Sometimes the date is in the middle of the screenshot and a few have the year but texts don't have the greatest logs really. I think this'll be fine though, am I correct in thinking that?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:53:41 PM by Alyssa »
--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
The texts are from July 2015 up to now. I've already blurred the content so that's not a problem (and I understand why, there's no confusion there)- was going to print out maybe like 6 or so to a page? Here's one so you get a better picture of why I can't really just do the date and time:
Sometimes the date is in the middle of the screenshot and a few have the year but texts don't have the greatest logs really. I think this'll be fine though, am I correct in thinking that?

Fair enough - the only reason I was suggesting cutting the conversation out was because you should be able to fit all of them on just 1 or 2 pages maximum... just as a list of dates.

Sponsored Links