Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Sponsor Letter  (Read 18488 times)

• Liked: 253
Spousal Visa Sponsor Letter
« on: March 25, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
Hi all,

I (US Citizen) am working on my application to join my husband (British Citizen). He has dyslexia so he drafted a letter based off one that we found online, and we wanted to run it by the wonderful people here to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thank you guys already!

Letter:

To The Entry Clearance Officer, 

I am writing to confirm my sponsorship of [wife's full name] for a spousal visa to join me in the UK. I am a British citizen and have lived in the UK since birth.

I am currently employed full-time at [place] as a [title] and have been employed here since [date]. My current salary is £19,500, and I have been earning this salary since the beginning of my employment. I will therefore be using this salary to meet the financial requirement under Category A, and I am including the relevant supporting documents as evidence.

When [wife] has been granted her visa, we plan to live at [address], which is a one bedroom flat that we rent. I am including the most recent letting agreement statement and further supporting documents. 

[Wife] and I first met at the [university] in [date]. I was studying for my degree in [thing], and [wife] was on a short-term study abroad. We met through mutual friends and entered a relationship in [date]  

We have visited multiple times over the years. From [date] to [date], I visited her in [place] to meet her family. After I returned to the UK on [date], we kept in daily contact through Facebook Messenger and Skype. We both continued our studies at our different universities.

[Wife] came to the UK from [date] to [date] for Christmas with my family. During that stay, she applied to study for her MA in the UK. She was accepted by [university]. She gained a Tier 4 General Student Visa, entered the UK on [date], and we were engaged on that day. 

During her studies, we lived at [address] from [date] – [date]. We moved from that address to our current one on [date]. We will continue to live here once [wife] re-enters the country.

We married on [date] at the [address]. Shortly after, [wife] applied for a FLR(M) visa on [date]. Unfortunately, it was refused as we did not send the proper documents to show my income. As such, she voluntarily left the UK on [date], when her then-current visa expired. She has stayed with her mother at [mother-in-law's address] since that point.

I am including the following documents to support the application:

•   My British Passport- with stamps showing my entry and exit of the USA
•   6 months of payslips– signed, stamped, and accompanied by a letter from a manger to verify them
•   6 months of bank statements showing the deposit of each payslip- signed and stamped by my local bank
•   A letter from my employer which details: length of employment, current salary, and type of employment
•   My job contract
•   My most recent letting agreement
•   Our original letting agreement in both mine and [wife]’s name
•   Evidence of our marriage
•   Bills in both our names (council tax, water, power, etc)
•   Facebook/Whatsapp screenshots to show communication
•   Pictures from our visits together
•   A letter from [wife] mother, confirming our relationship and [wife]’s current residency

Additionally, I should note that I cannot live abroad now. My current contract means that I must work at [job] for one year, and I have started [job] training which will take another year. As such, I am contracted to stay in the UK for at least the next two years. If my wife cannot join me in the UK, we will not be able to live together. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

[His name here]

Signed:
Dated:

2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

Re: Spousal Visa Sponsor Letter
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:45:22 AM »
Also, just putting this out there as well, I think on the visa document

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A) in section 3.3

My husband will be my sponsor from salaried income so we checked to complete part 3A.

Under it says Indicate which option you are relying on- Category A or Category B.

I wanted to confirm that we are in fact on Category A. I can't find anywhere that details which category is which.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:14:10 AM »
Hey,

Your sponsor letter is way too long - the first 3 paragraphs are fine, but the relationship part is much too long - just cut it down to one paragraph only and explain the FLR(M) refusal in a final paragraph... bare facts and nothing more. Also, take out the last paragraph about the job keeping you in the UK and incorporate it into the relationship paragraph.

[Wife] and I first met at the [university] in [date] when she was studying abroad and we began our relationship on [date]. We visited each other multiple times over the years and we kept in daily contact through Facebook Messenger and Skype. My wife then studied for her MA at [university] on a Tier 4 visa in [year]. We got engaged on [date] and lived together from [date] – [date].  We married on [date] at the [address].  We are choosing to settle in the UK because my job contract requires me to remain in the UK for the next 2 years.

Shortly after marrying, [wife] applied for a FLR(M) visa on [date]. Unfortunately, it was refused as we did not send the proper documents to show my income. As such, she voluntarily left the UK on [date], when her then-current visa expired, and returned to the US to apply for a spousal visa.

In regards to your accommodation paragraph, if she is on the tenancy agreement, that is the only document you need:

When [wife] has been granted her visa, we plan to live at [address], which is a one bedroom flat that we were renting together when she was living in the UK on a Tier 4 visa. I am including the original tenancy agreement with both our names on.

In regards to your other documents:

- you only need 1 photo of you together, 2 at most, just to show you have met in person

- take out the letter from your wife's mother... it cannot be considered for the visa. The only letter they are allowed to look at is your sponsor letter.

For the financial categories, it depends how long you have been at your current job and how long you have been earning £18,600 or more.

Category A:
- with current employer for AT LEAST 6 months
AND
- earning at least £18,600 for the full 6 months (each payslip you send must be at least £1,550 before tax)

You send:
- 6 months of payslips (£1,550 or more before tax)
- 6 months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- employer letter
- job contract
- latest P60 (if applicable)

Category A:
- with current employer for LESS THAN 6 months
AND
- you have earned at least £18,600 IN TOTAL before tax over the last 12 months

You send:
- 12 months of payslips (showing total earnings before tax of £18,600 or more)
- 12 months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- current employer letter
- current job contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
Hey,

Your sponsor letter is way too long - the first 3 paragraphs are fine, but the relationship part is much too long - just cut it down to one paragraph only and explain the FLR(M) refusal in a final paragraph... bare facts and nothing more. Also, take out the last paragraph about the job keeping you in the UK and incorporate it into the relationship paragraph.

[Wife] and I first met at the [university] in [date] when she was studying abroad and we began our relationship on [date]. We visited each other multiple times over the years and we kept in daily contact through Facebook Messenger and Skype. My wife then studied for her MA at [university] on a Tier 4 visa in [year]. We got engaged on [date] and lived together from [date] – [date].  We married on [date] at the [address].  We are choosing to settle in the UK because my job contract requires me to remain in the UK for the next 2 years.

Shortly after marrying, [wife] applied for a FLR(M) visa on [date]. Unfortunately, it was refused as we did not send the proper documents to show my income. As such, she voluntarily left the UK on [date], when her then-current visa expired, and returned to the US to apply for a spousal visa.

In regards to your accommodation paragraph, if she is on the tenancy agreement, that is the only document you need:

When [wife] has been granted her visa, we plan to live at [address], which is a one bedroom flat that we were renting together when she was living in the UK on a Tier 4 visa. I am including the original tenancy agreement with both our names on.

In regards to your other documents:

- you only need 1 photo of you together, 2 at most, just to show you have met in person

- take out the letter from your wife's mother... it cannot be considered for the visa. The only letter they are allowed to look at is your sponsor letter.

For the financial categories, it depends how long you have been at your current job and how long you have been earning £18,600 or more.

Category A:
- with current employer for AT LEAST 6 months
AND
- earning at least £18,600 for the full 6 months (each payslip you send must be at least £1,550 before tax)

You send:
- 6 months of payslips (£1,550 or more before tax)
- 6 months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- employer letter
- job contract

Category A:
- with current employer for LESS THAN 6 months
AND
- you have earned at least £18,600 IN TOTAL before tax over the last 12 months

You send:
- 12 months of payslips (showing total earnings before tax of £18,600 or more)
- 12 months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- current employer letter
- current job contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply! He's been at the job for 7 almost 8 months and earns more than £18,600 annually, which can be proven by how much he's earned in the half year. As such, we have the payslips and bank statements. So we still fall in category A correct?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »
Thank you for the reply! He's been at the job for 7 almost 8 months and earns more than £18,600 annually, which can be proven by how much he's earned in the half year. As such, we have the payslips and bank statements. So we still fall in category A correct?

Yes, that's correct - as long as you can provide the documentation to back it up, it is category A.

He will need to show:

- 6 full months of original payslips showing a minimum of £1,550 before tax each month (£1,550 x 12 = £18,600)... the latest one must be dated within 28 days of the online application date
- 6 full months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip...... the latest one must be dated within 28 days of the online application date
- a letter from his employer dated within 28 days of the online application date stating ALL of the following:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Optional but recommended as they may ask for them:
- his original job contract
- his latest P60 (if applicable)

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:56:32 AM »
Yes, that's correct - as long as you can provide the documentation to back it up, it is category A.

He will need to show:

- 6 full months of original payslips showing a minimum of £1,550 before tax each month (£1,550 x 12 = £18,600)... the latest one must be dated within 28 days of the online application date
- 6 full months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip...... the latest one must be dated within 28 days of the online application date
- a letter from his employer dated within 28 days of the online application date stating ALL of the following:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Optional but recommended as they may ask for them:
- his original job contract
- his latest P60 (if applicable)

Great! Since it's almost his payday, I'll get the stuff for this month, and we'll definitely be within that timeline.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab