Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Checklist and Panic  (Read 1771 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: FLR (M) Checklist and Panic
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »
Thank you! And for all your help also.

You're all good people to be so kind to a stranger on (UK) mother's day

• Liked: 537
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »

I'm just watching StarTrek with my husband. It's just another Sunday for me.

Hope it's goes well for you!

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

My daughter has a fever so is sleeping. My husband is outside washing HIS car...  I'm not impressed...

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
By way of an update, stormed into my local Barclays in full expectation of a fight....only to emerge 20 minutes later with 6 months worth of statements stamped on every page.

Thanks again to all - hope this ensures a smooth approval

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
By way of an update, stormed into my local Barclays in full expectation of a fight....only to emerge 20 minutes later with 6 months worth of statements stamped on every page.

Thanks again to all - hope this ensures a smooth approval

It absolutely will!  Enjoy getting that big fat approval tomorrow!

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
Just a note to say that the FLR was approved in exactly 60 minutes. Big thanks to you all.

One thing struck me though - is it normal for UKVI to keep your old (and no doubt cancelled) residency card while you wait for the new BRP? All our documents were returned except the BRP. Not that my wife is planning to travel, but is this a security measure?

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
Yes, they keep the old BRP.  She should have the new one quite quickly (up to 10 working days but usually only takes 2 days or so).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
Just a note to say that the FLR was approved in exactly 60 minutes. 

Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
Congratulations :D!!

Yes, they cancel the BRP the day the decision is made, so it's no longer valid anyway (they keep it so they can destroy it) - then you'll get the new one in the post in a few days.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
Congratulations on the success of your wife's FLR!

I was wondering if I could use the issue you were having to ask a question. You said you highlighted your pay on your account statements as well as blacked things out. Would the highlighting of the pay be an issue, or was it just blacking things out? My husband/sponsor has a lot of transactions on his account because he pays out of pocket for things for work and then gets his expenses paid each month. We had this issue when we were applying for our mortgage, and they highlighted his pay and his expense pay to show to the lender. Would this be ok for our FLRM? Or should we include a letter in the application like we did to address any issues in the original visa? Thanks so much!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »
I was wondering if I could use the issue you were having to ask a question. You said you highlighted your pay on your account statements as well as blacked things out. Would the highlighting of the pay be an issue, or was it just blacking things out? My husband/sponsor has a lot of transactions on his account because he pays out of pocket for things for work and then gets his expenses paid each month. We had this issue when we were applying for our mortgage, and they highlighted his pay and his expense pay to show to the lender. Would this be ok for our FLRM? Or should we include a letter in the application like we did to address any issues in the original visa? Thanks so much!

Ideally, you shouldn't change anything on the statements, though highlighting a transaction to draw attention to it is not the same as blacking out important information.

If you want to highlight the payslips being deposited, I would recommend maybe adding a small sticker pointing to it on each statement rather than physically highlighting the transaction.

However, they will know what they are looking for and will scan through the statements to find the deposit amount that matches the amount on the payslip, so it's not a big deal if you don't highlight/draw attention to it.

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 06:01:24 PM »
To be fair, my first FLRM statement set was both highlighted and approved, so I don't think it's of too much consequence. The information is still visible.

Redacting is more questionable, hence my original question and subsequent responses. Could be OK in a fairly straightforward case, depending on how you intend to meet the income requirement, but better to avoid if it can possibly be helped.

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 07:41:42 PM »
Yes, loads of people have highlighted with no issue.

But the reality is that these case workers troll through bank statements all day, everyday.  Not once, in the five years I've been active on this forum, has someone been refused a visa due to a case worker being unable to locate a deposit within a statement.  And as we all rely so heavily on direct debits and debit card transactions, I imagine six months or twelve months (or rarely the 24 months) of bank statements can be a VERY impressive pile!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab