Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Party🎉🎉  (Read 1444 times)

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
Re: Party🎉🎉
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
Now that my son is in preschool, we've been going to a lot more birthday parties. I am more of a "bake some cupcakes, play pass the parcel and let the kids run around in the garden" kind of party-mom, but that is definitely not the case with the rest of his classmates' parents! I'm pretty exhausted by the trend of making everything into a huge celebration, mostly because I don't have the time, energy, or money, but also because I feel like when everything's a celebration, then nothing is. I was obsessed with Christmas when I was growing up because it was so special.

On the other hand, if you love celebrating Pancake Day and St Patrick's Day and Arbor Day, more power to you! Whatever makes your kids (and you!) happy!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »
All this talk of birthday parties reminds me of the birthday when my girl wanted a pirate theme.  What could be better than swords to have sword fights with?  We made some wicked swords from cardboard and tin foil.  One kid lost a tooth!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 09:07:12 PM »
I think my mom always made each holiday special and I don't consider myself a spoiled kid. So I want that for mine.my husband thinks I'm nuts for having a valentines gift, Easter basket etc. But it's fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
Now that my son is in preschool, we've been going to a lot more birthday parties. I am more of a "bake some cupcakes, play pass the parcel and let the kids run around in the garden" kind of party-mom, but that is definitely not the case with the rest of his classmates' parents! I'm pretty exhausted by the trend of making everything into a huge celebration, mostly because I don't have the time, energy, or money, but also because I feel like when everything's a celebration, then nothing is. I was obsessed with Christmas when I was growing up because it was so special.

On the other hand, if you love celebrating Pancake Day and St Patrick's Day and Arbor Day, more power to you! Whatever makes your kids (and you!) happy!

This is how I feel. We recently went to a bounce trampoline place for a party, we enquirer about costs as of course our daughter wants her party there. Upwards of £250 no thanks, we'll book the community hall lol

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 11:22:30 AM »
This is how I feel. We recently went to a bounce trampoline place for a party, we enquirer about costs as of course our daughter wants her party there. Upwards of £250 no thanks, we'll book the community hall lol

We did the trampoline party and saved a ton by taking snacks with us, then going back to our house for pizza.  Since we didn't have an official "party " at the trampolines, it was much cheaper.  The kids didn't care as long as we gave them tons of candy.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
Maybe how the holidays and birthdays are celebrated is part cultural and part how you were raised.  In my family, birthday parties were not a big deal, just family, cake and a few presents.  But my daughter's friends have huge honking parties for their kids.  I don't have grandkids (I do have grandcats) but I know my daughter would have small get-togethers like we did for her.  If kids are constantly exposed to great big hootenannies, do they appreciate it all?   Or is it easy come easy go?  Just another party?

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »
My husband's family only seem to be interested in any get together if there's mention of alcohol being involved.

Me though? Sumo wrestling sounds awesome!!! I think this party sounds epic. I'd totally be excited :-D

In fairness, my husband's family would be excited to do all those activities with plenty of booze (mainly prosecco) haha

I'm currently trying to find/make a costume for my niece's 18th birthday party where everybody is SUPER excited for the party but also for booze..but unfortunately no bouncy castle or sumo wrestling :( (at least not planned? haha)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 584
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »

I'm currently trying to find/make a costume for my niece's 18th birthday party where everybody is SUPER excited for the party but also for booze..but unfortunately no bouncy castle or sumo wrestling :( (at least not planned? haha)

Costume?!  She's having fancy dress for her 18th?

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »
Costume?!  She's having fancy dress for her 18th?

hah she is indeed. She's having one for friends and one for family. Both are disney/fantasy theme.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links