Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wedding dresses on planes  (Read 1471 times)

• Liked: 87
Wedding dresses on planes
« on: April 01, 2017, 03:31:18 AM »
For those of you that had a wedding in the UK but brought your dress with you.

How did you go about it? Did you put it in checked baggage? Fold it and put it in a carry on? Was the airline helpful and let you hang it up?

Planning on flying over in July---wedding is in October. I don't want to ship my dress over and I refuse to put it in checked luggage. It fits in my carry-on but literally that's all that will fit.

Just wondering how others may have tackled traveling with a wedding gown :)

• Liked: 154
Re: Wedding dresses on planes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
We had a destination wedding.. but the airline allowed me to bring my dress as my carry on and hung it up front for me. I would call ahead and ask

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »
My wedding dress was nothing like the typical ones.

It was a 1950's wiggle dress and fit in my checked luggage.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »
Thank you both,
I'm hoping the airline will hang it up. If not it's going in my carry on. I'd just prefer not to have it folded for that long. I think it will be alright though.

Love your bouquet by the way. I'm making mine out of sola wood flowers and I'm having a few book page roses in there as well :D

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:06:45 PM »
Thank you both,
I'm hoping the airline will hang it up. If not it's going in my carry on. I'd just prefer not to have it folded for that long. I think it will be alright though.

Love your bouquet by the way. I'm making mine out of sola wood flowers and I'm having a few book page roses in there as well :D

Thanks. I made it myself from my favourite hand Christian Andersen fairy tales.  😁
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »
That's a great idea! I was going to make my own but I couldn't stomach ripping apart a book no matter how ratty it is. I ended up finding a seller on Etsy who makes them and you can pick between a list of books she offers readily. I chose my favorite Harry Potter :P
Very excited for them!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 07:30:57 PM »
I bought a copy that had been poorly treated in shipping and some of the pages were falling out.Then I tea stained them. I still have my own good copy of the book. Haha.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 07:35:40 PM »
That's exactly what I was going to do! I love tea-staining :P
I ultimately decided that it was too much work to make my own flowers when I was making all the boutonnieres and bouquets.

Was going to post a picture of them but can't figure out how to do it! Haha.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
Oh, I started the flowers over a year in advance. Haha. It was a teeny wedding, just my bouquet and his buttonhole were needed. ☺

I was going to do a brooch bouquet but ultimately decided to do my roses. As all the brooches I liked were kind of expensive.

You have to have the image hosted somewhere (Flickr, Facebook, etc.).

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
This was supposed to be a teeny wedding but has sort of grown into a monster all its own. We're expecting about 40 people which still isn't huge but it's much bigger than the 10 we thought originally.

We'll see if this picture thing works....

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
Nope! lol

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »
Haha.it can be persnickity.

You click the little Mona Lisa button and put the entire web address (http: and all) between the bits.

Or you can use flickr and but the right code.

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 08:02:43 PM »
Sounds like our US plan. Was just going to be 10ish people and a larger reception. But decided it would cost the same for me to get  fiance visa so may as well move sooner. 😁

I bet it will be just lovely.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:19 PM »
I did the mona lisa button the first time with facebook url. No go. Trying one more time!

SUCCESS!!

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
Sounds like our US plan. Was just going to be 10ish people and a larger reception. But decided it would cost the same for me to get  fiance visa so may as well move sooner. 😁

I bet it will be just lovely.

Oh, we're having a US wedding too that will encompass my entire HUGE family. At least that's the plan. Who knows if it's actually going to play out!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:10:39 PM by kateaz04 »

Sponsored Links