Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Minimal interest on savings account  (Read 808 times)

• Liked: 716
Re: Minimal interest on savings account
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »
No...you aren't missing anything. I'm an idiot and I finally get it. Sometimes it just takes time to sink into this thick skull of mine.

Good bone structure  :)

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »
Fred, you need to "switch and ditch" each year to shop for the best interest rates.  It's easy to do online and worth it if you have decent cash savings.

• Liked: 149
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »
Fred, you need to "switch and ditch" each year to shop for the best interest rates.  It's easy to do online and worth it if you have decent cash savings.
Yeah....I get this as well. But....considering my 2nd visa is coming up this Fall.... I want to keep money in Lloyds until at least after I clear this one. I want a nice solid paper trail of where our money has been sitting. As soon as this one is over (by December) we will move most of it to another bank for better rates. Not good rates.....just better rates.

We are spending money rather quickly these days......new conservatory(NOT a conservatory.....pretty worthless in my opinion)/utility room going in 2 weeks outside the kitchen connecting the garage (£8K down the tube). New upstairs bathroom going in (£5K kaput). And...since my wife is having some issues with her joints (not going to get better)...thinking about putting in a small hot tub which we used to have about 8 years ago.

What a nice day.....really.....good round of golf....a few beers.....just a little bit sunny (that was a joke...it was glorious).....

Hugh Grant was evidently kicking around the neighbourhood last week filming a bit of the new Paddington Bear film....4 days of filming in the field/train bridge nearby....
Fred

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »
Ah, yes of course you need the moolah for your visa.

Ooo, a hot tub.  My joints hurt too, can I come over? 

• Liked: 716
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 10:35:08 PM »
I know exactly what you mean Fred with spending money on the house. We are in the same situation with a house we bought and moved into in February. Plenty of spending going on for the next year or two.  Plus our son is planning to move back in the autumn.....
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links