Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement appeal  (Read 3314 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Settlement appeal
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
Would it look better if I used mine and then his to make up the difference, would that look better than me just using his income.  He brings home $1.996 (if I remember correctly) after taxes, before taxes he make more (obviously), we can definitely make it on just his, wasn't sure if both would look better, or if they'd even care.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
Would it look better if I used mine and then his to make up the difference, would that look better than me just using his income.  He brings home $1.996 (if I remember correctly) after taxes, before taxes he make more (obviously), we can definitely make it on just his, wasn't sure if both would look better, or if they'd even care.

No, that will only make your application confusing. If his income meets the Pension category requirement (E) in full, you should NOT try to include any of your income.

It won't 'look' any particular way and they really don't care... it's purely about ticking the boxes. If his pension meets the requirement on its own, they won't even look at your income because it is not needed.

You should ONLY combine your income with his if neither of your incomes meet the requirement on their own, and you HAVE to combine them in order to qualify for the visa.

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Okay, thanks, don't want to confuse them any further.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
Okay, thanks, don't want to confuse them any further.

No problem :).

Of course, if the exchange rate changes drastically and it turns out his pension no longer meets the requirement by the time you apply, you can combine your income with it, but if on the day you apply, the exchange rate means his pension is still over £18,600, then no need to even mention your income at all.

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
I have all my income paperwork already, I'll send it along to him with the other papers I'm sending so if the exchange rate changes he will have all of my information available and still be able to apply.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 08:56:04 PM »
I have all my income paperwork already, I'll send it along to him with the other papers I'm sending so if the exchange rate changes he will have all of my information available and still be able to apply.

Smart move!  :)

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 09:47:51 PM »
His retirement income is $25,656.60 which equates to £20,000+ so he makes it easily.

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »
We are not sure if we are going to sell or rent our house in the states.  What happens once an application is approved, does he have to be here within a certain amount to time (thought I had read this somewhere) and does he have to stay when he gets here or can he just come and go back for a while.  He is in the process of prepping the house for either.

Thanks in advance.

Settlement appeal
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »
When you complete the online application, you have to put an 'Intended Travel Date'.

This is the date the visa will start from (although lately they have been issuing them starting 1 week before the requested date) and he will have 30 days to enter the UK from that date (it will only be valid 30 days).

If the travel date has passed before the visa has been issued, it will be made valid for entry 30 days from the date the decision is made instead.

Once he is in the UK he will have 10 days to pick up his BRP card, which will be his actual visa, valid 33 months.

When he has the BRP he can come and go from the UK as he pleases, as long as you can show you have lived together for the entire length of the visa.

So, he could come to the UK within the 30 days, pick up the BRP and then go back to the US for a bit to sort out the house.

Note: you must either already be in the U.K., or be entering with him, when he first enters on the visa. He cannot enter before you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:16:39 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
We are not sure if we are going to sell or rent our house in the states.  What happens once an application is approved, does he have to be here within a certain amount to time (thought I had read this somewhere) and does he have to stay when he gets here or can he just come and go back for a while.  He is in the process of prepping the house for either.

Thanks in advance.

He'll have 30 days to enter the country (either from the date you nominate or the date the visa is issued if your date has passed)
He then has 10 days to pick up his BRP. Once he has done that, he is free to go back to the US to sort things out before returning.

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »
Thank you, I am in the UK and have been for a little over a year.  I'm hoping he can get it sorted before he leaves to come here.

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
what are some good reasons for us to eat to settle in the uk, i have my reasons, just not sure its enough

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »
You don't need 'good reasons'... they won't affect the application, so just tell the truth.

It could be anything. For example:
- you have better job prospects in the U.K.
- you want to be near family
- you like the UK better
- you have health concerns that would be better treated in the UK
- you want to raise a family in the UK Instead of the US
- you want to be close to Europe to travel

Just put whatever your actual reasons are

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »
thanks, listed pretty much all of those

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
Really? That was supposed to be a range of reasons to cover all situations, from a new family starting out to a retired couple.

I was only expecting maybe one of them to apply to you, maybe not any of them. Your reason really should be no more than 1 sentence in the letter.

Take a step back. Imagine you're having coffee with a friend and they ask, in one sentence, why you have decided to move. Put down your answer on the letter - don't overthink it. It could be as simple as 'because we want to'.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab