Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: April Timeline  (Read 73109 times)

• Liked: 21
Re: April Timeline
« Reply #1095 on: May 26, 2017, 06:09:54 PM »
It's sort of unbelievable to me there are people who have hit 7 weeks on priority, and we have heard nothing in four days. I'm on week 5, and the prospect of being stuck here without a job and without a place to live (at the mercy of a friend) for 2-3 weeks is honestly horrifying.

If I had known, I would have applied earlier. Too bad they don't make it obvious how long you'll have to wait.

hahaha right?? i've been living off the mercy of friends, with no job, in Vancouver (a.k.a. a city more expensive than London, no, not exaggerating) for FOUR months. You can do it! Just smile a lot and explain "Yes, I'd love to stay with you, No, I don't know when I'm leaving, no i'm not really working"
...If i wasn't lucky enough to have a few freelance contacts from my old magazine I'd be utterly effed.

• Liked: 21
« Reply #1096 on: May 26, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »
As an anxious person myself, I would say to try and not let yourself feel isolated - spend time with friends and family, do things that you enjoy. I also know that when you are anxious and depressed, these things almost feel like work because you are still thinking about getting to the uk, when that email will come etc., but it really does help. Speaking as someone who is quite literally isolated (having lived in UK for 6 years, I don't have ANY friends here in the US and I'm staying with family that I'm not close to), I think it makes all the difference. So try to take advantage of some of your support network.

Also, keep reminding yourself that it is out of your hands at this point and that all of these feelings will pass, and remind yourself of things that are in your control. For example, what you will do with your spouse when you're finally together or how you want to spend the last bit of time with the people you love in the US.

I say all this in the most empathetic and understanding way, whilst at the same time hating the world for keeping me away from my home for so long!

Stay strong, you're nearly there!!

this is lovely advice! I would add to try and do some sort of outdoor activity even if it's just a walk in your neighbourhood. i've been dealing with all of the above and it was way worse when it was raining for most of february/march/april and i was stuck inside with my thoughts and netflix. also check out doing a yoga practice for anxiety, yoga with adriene on YouTube is amazing and free!

• Liked: 70
« Reply #1097 on: May 26, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »
Hey guys, did anyone mention that today is the last remaining 'privilege day'.

My fiance told me he looked online...

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-honiara/about/access-and-opening

"Friday 26th May* - Privilege Holiday for Queens Birthday (UK)"

I don't know if it is across the board for all offices, but could be why we didn't hear today? (or yesterday if people left early or checked out early to take advantage of the four day weekend?)

either way.. blah!!
Settlement Fiance
Online Submission: April 3
Biometrics: April 7
Sent application: April 10
Confirmation Email: April 12
Upgraded to Priority: April 13
Asked for upgrade confirmation: April 26
Decision Email:June 8 (38 business days)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1098 on: May 26, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
We were staying at his nephew's house one year when he suggested a walk and he walked us down the stairs of an old bridge and we were on the towpath of a canal.  It was like we had entered another world!  I asked about the crazy cool boats and next thing I knew, a dream was born.  After talking about it for years, I suggested that if we really thought we might do it, that we should try it, so on our next visit, we rented one for 4 days.  We loved it.  We are both outdoors people, hikers, campers, bicycles, etc. so it suits us to a tee.

For my very first holiday without parents, I got a group of friends together and we hired a canal boat for a week. It was chaos actually (we were teenagers!) but soooo much fun!  ;D

• Liked: 34
« Reply #1099 on: May 26, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »
Hi all,

Quick question for everyone: Does anyone happen to have the email address for Sheffield home office re: inquiring about priority?  I know I've seen it on this thread before but for the life of me I cannot find it.  Thanks in advance!
Relationship began: February 2014
Engaged: January 28th, 2017
Married: March 28th, 2017
Online Application submitted(Priority): April 10th, 2017
Biometrics/Appointment/Documents sent: April 26th, 2017
Confirmation email claiming received by UKVI: April 27, 2017
Decision email: July 26th, 2017

• Liked: 253
« Reply #1100 on: May 26, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
Hi all,

Quick question for everyone: Does anyone happen to have the email address for Sheffield home office re: inquiring about priority?  I know I've seen it on this thread before but for the life of me I cannot find it.  Thanks in advance!

I had to look back to see if the email address I had was correct. It appears to be the same one listed on here:

visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I warn you, it's still not an immediate resource. I've sent a couple emails to that address and got no reply. Or at least it hasn't been this week.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #1101 on: May 26, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »
I had to look back to see if the email address I had was correct. It appears to be the same one listed on here:

visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I warn you, it's still not an immediate resource. I've sent a couple emails to that address and got no reply. Or at least it hasn't been this week.

Got it, thanks very much!

I realised that I hadn't printed the receipt for the priority service payment:|  Now I'm scrambling to find any way to contact home office in order to send through my receipt so that they can move my application to the priority queue. 

I feel terrible now, after having paid the money for priority:|  What an idiot I am to not realise they needed the printed version. 

« Reply #1102 on: May 26, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
Got it, thanks very much!

I realised that I hadn't printed the receipt for the priority service payment:|  Now I'm scrambling to find any way to contact home office in order to send through my receipt so that they can move my application to the priority queue. 

I feel terrible now, after having paid the money for priority:|  What an idiot I am to not realise they needed the printed version.

Oh bad luck mate.

Did you write priority on the outside of the envelope that you mailed the application in?

I'd sent them an email with the receipt attached. I'm not sure if you can mail them the priority receipt after the application was received by Sheffield. The wiser posters on here might know that answer better than I.

Other than that, I can't really imagine that calling the call centre would do much good, but it could be an option.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

« Reply #1103 on: May 26, 2017, 09:01:48 PM »
Oh bad luck mate.

Did you write priority on the outside of the envelope that you mailed the application in?

I'd sent them an email with the receipt attached. I'm not sure if you can mail them the priority receipt after the application was received by Sheffield. The wiser posters on here might know that answer better than I.

Other than that, I can't really imagine that calling the call centre would do much good, but it could be an option.

As I applied from Madrid, I went to an application centre and they scanned and sent all of my documents, so therefore I didn't have to post anything. 

I had the priority receipt pulled up on my phone to show them, but didn't think to print it.  I've already sent an email to Sheffield with a copy of receipt, so here's hoping to hearing back by Tuesday.

« Reply #1104 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »
As I applied from Madrid, I went to an application centre and they scanned and sent all of my documents, so therefore I didn't have to post anything. 

I had the priority receipt pulled up on my phone to show them, but didn't think to print it.  I've already sent an email to Sheffield with a copy of receipt, so here's hoping to hearing back by Tuesday.

I'm sure it'll all work itself out :)

• Liked: 32
« Reply #1105 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »
Got this email yesterday. Whats everyone thoughts??

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications
within 12 weeks. In some cases, it could take longer if the application is
not straightforward and requires extensive checks by the entry clearance
officer.
As we are still within these service standards an update will not be
provided at this early stage.

If you paid for priority visa service, your application will be placed in
the front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority applicants.

Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will
contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the
consideration of your application.
Type: Settlement Marriage Priority
Application Submitted: 29th March 2017
Biometrics Taken: 10th April 2017
Documents Received: 21st April 2017
Decision.......Waiting

« Reply #1106 on: May 27, 2017, 03:14:01 AM »

Service.

officer.

That's the same generic email that a lot of people have gotten from UKVI, sorry to say.

• Liked: 78
« Reply #1107 on: May 27, 2017, 04:31:31 AM »

Service.

officer.

Did you receive this after calling or after emailing...?
California, USA

Relationship started: October 2014
Engaged: September 2016
Married: December 23, 2016
Priority visa application: March 31, 2017
Biometrics: April 13, 2017
Document confirmation: April 18, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017
Outcome: Approved!

• Liked: 32
« Reply #1108 on: May 27, 2017, 04:38:09 AM »
Did you receive this after calling or after emailing...?

only after sending a email visa the website
Type: Settlement Marriage Priority
Application Submitted: 29th March 2017
Biometrics Taken: 10th April 2017
Documents Received: 21st April 2017
Decision.......Waiting

• Liked: 60
« Reply #1109 on: May 27, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »

You don't have to include a copy if you're applying at one of the scanning centres as they mark the application as priority when they're scanning in your documents.

Do you have a copy of your receipt? If so, it should state 'Priority' in the top right corner.

Here's mine, for example -

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab