Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: April Timeline  (Read 72982 times)

• Liked: 97
Re: April Timeline
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
Thinking about you Katoo! You corrected what they asked for. I know you will be fine! Hoping you are over here very very soon!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 210
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »
I have a gut feeling I will have a decision made email this week.    My priority application hit 22 business days on Friday, and yes, I took out the holidays in my counting.  We are hoping for the best and planning for the worst.  Which brings me to my question.  If, for some insane, inane reason, I get another refusal, would I be able to visit the u.k. for a month or so before we start again?  Or would I be refused entry?  The reason I ask, is because my husband wants me to visit for a month or two, then we'll both come back, buy an r.v. To live in and start over, this time with an attorney.  I'm so afraid I'll fly over and be refused entry.

My heart goes out to you. You've been such a wonderful sport about everything that happened, and you've stayed positive despite some really hard obstacles.

I hope you get that decision email this week, and you're on the plane immediately afterward. You and your husband so deserve your happily ever after.

It's a farce that you were rejected in the first place. You said the rejection letter said you qualified in every single way except proving your relationship was genuine. For your second application, you submitted a TON of proof for your relationship. (They were jerks for not asking for more information, but whatever...)

You're going to get your yes. It might take a bit longer than is fair, but you'll get it. I have faith. <3
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:09:09 PM by AV »
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 325
« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »

You're going to get your yes. It might take a bit longer than is fair, but you'll get it. I have faith. <3

I do appreciate all of the support.  It's made the waiting more tolerable.  And yes, once I have visa, I will be flying out on the next available flight.  Without a doubt.

• Liked: 253
« Reply #378 on: May 15, 2017, 02:30:53 AM »
Well, I know it may be a bit late and only apply to some, but happy mother's day to everyone!
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #379 on: May 15, 2017, 02:35:09 AM »
Question. 22 working days from our confirmation email puts us at May 24. I'll be out of town for a few days then. Murphy's Law says that's when we'll get the decision email and UPS drop off of the visa.

Can I pre-arrange for any UPS deliveries to be held for me at their office? If so, how?

I'm terrified the visa will come but I won't be here to sign for it, so it will get sent back.

• Liked: 42
April Timeline
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2017, 02:44:23 AM »
Question. 22 working days from our confirmation email puts us at May 24. I'll be out of town for a few days then. Murphy's Law says that's when we'll get the decision email and UPS drop off of the visa.

Can I pre-arrange for any UPS deliveries to be held for me at their office? If so, how?

I'm terrified the visa will come but I won't be here to sign for it, so it will get sent back.

Ditto to this one! Will be out of town for a week solid starting at 23-24 days or something and was hoping maybe they'd even let someone pick it up from ups after it failed to be delivered (can't imagine them just ringing the doorbell then leaving it there!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2017, 03:01:17 AM »
Ditto to this one! Will be out of town for a week solid starting at 23-24 days or something and was hoping maybe they'd even let someone pick it up from ups after it failed to be delivered (can't imagine them just ringing the doorbell then leaving it there!)

I don't think they'd let someone else pick it up, but you never know. :)

« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2017, 03:02:56 AM »
I have heard it said that if you know it will be delivered during the day that you can call your local UPS and have them hold it.

Someone on a forum said they had gotten the email that their visa decision was being sent. They saw when it got to their city and called their local UPS to hold the parcel at their delivery facility for the recipient to pick it up later that day.

I don't know if it worked out or if UPS can hold it for multiple days. I just remember seeing someone on this website talk about it.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2017, 05:29:42 AM »
Update:

I looked it up, and what I described is called "UPS: Request Delivery Intercept" ( https://www.ups.com/deliveryintercept ). Basically, it is what I described. You can do the following:

-Deliver to Another Address: Reroute the package to a new address
-Reschedule Delivery: Hold the package for delivery on a future date
-Will Call: Hold the package for pickup by the consignee

However, it also seems like it is linked to a MyUPS account, which I know some people created when they chose to mail their visa through UPS as opposed to VFS.

I don't know if this service would be available with the VFS service. It might be worth it to call and find out?

« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:51 AM »
Update:

I looked it up, and what I described is called "UPS: Request Delivery Intercept" ( https://www.ups.com/deliveryintercept ). Basically, it is what I described. You can do the following:

-Deliver to Another Address: Reroute the package to a new address
-Reschedule Delivery: Hold the package for delivery on a future date
-Will Call: Hold the package for pickup by the consignee

However, it also seems like it is linked to a MyUPS account, which I know some people created when they chose to mail their visa through UPS as opposed to VFS.

I don't know if this service would be available with the VFS service. It might be worth it to call and find out?

My house sold before I got my decision and we were no longer in the same house.  I was not allowed to change the delivery address, but had it held forpick up at UPS depot.  I had to show an I.d. that showed the delivery address that had be used on the label.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2017, 07:13:15 AM »

I have to tell you that they didn't even require a signature when mine was delivered. I know of several other people that it was literally left on the doorstep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »
My house sold before I got my decision and we were no longer in the same house.  I was not allowed to change the delivery address, but had it held forpick up at UPS depot.  I had to show an I.d. that showed the delivery address that had be used on the label.

I didn't know about something like your situation because I literally just googled "can I ask UPS to hold my package?"

But that's good information if someone else ends up in a similar circumstance.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »
I have to tell you that they didn't even require a signature when mine was delivered. I know of several other people that it was literally left on the doorstep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I'm one of those.  My mom took the day off work and they didn't even knock on the door, just dropped it and left.  So definitely don't assume they'll ask for a signature!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »

Was this through your My UPS account? And did you use VFS? Holding for pickup would be my ideal. If they drop it off without a signature while I'm out of town, I just KNOW someone will take it (thinking it's got money)

« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
Was this through your My UPS account? And did you use VFS? Holding for pickup would be my ideal. If they drop it off without a signature while I'm out of town, I just KNOW someone will take it (thinking it's got money)

Yes, through my ups account and yes, I used VFS.  I called, though.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab