Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: April Timeline  (Read 73099 times)

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
Re: April Timeline
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2017, 03:10:27 AM »
Day 19 here. Hard to believe that people were hearing at Day 22 just a bit ago. Now...silence. And more silence. I was sure a bunch of people would hear today.

Every time I buy groceries, I look at the expiration date and think, "Hope I'm not still in the US when this expires."

Still, I said I wouldn't get worried until Memorial Day. Just starting to get worried it will be later than that, or even later than the first week of June (my backup target date).

At least I've got so much to get done that I don't have time to sit around and mope.

How's everyone else doing?

I feel you -- still, I think there is a good chance a lot of us will hear this week, and that both of us may very well hear by this Friday. I really think the Easter break threw a wrench in things. Our last decision was days faster than the previous two, which I'm going to take right now as a good sign. Better to try to manifest the positive, I guess. Otherwise, in the same hellish limbo as the rest of you. :)
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 39
April Timeline
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:42 AM »
Day 19 here. Hard to believe that people were hearing at Day 22 just a bit ago. Now...silence. And more silence. I was sure a bunch of people would hear today.

Every time I buy groceries, I look at the expiration date and think, "Hope I'm not still in the US when this expires."

Still, I said I wouldn't get worried until Memorial Day. Just starting to get worried it will be later than that, or even later than the first week of June (my backup target date).

At least I've got so much to get done that I don't have time to sit around and mope.

I've been waiting since April 10th Biometrics (April 12th Arrival Confirmation). I'm very nervous. We sold our house, rented out another, the movers have already taken everything over, my family already left (kid needed to be in school), ... , and I'm just sitting here with a laptop, 3 outfits and mobile waiting for my queue to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Application: April 4 (Priority)
Biometrics: April 10
Received: April 12
Decision email: _______
Decision: _______

• Liked: 92
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:48 AM »

I've been really good until today. I didn't really allow myself to get too anxious even up until last week because was just watching those ahead of me, but today I was seriously checking this board every 10 minutes hoping someone would hear something. Hope the ball starts rolling tomorrow!

I mean, I KNOW we are all tired of answering the question "when are you leaving??" with the answer "WISH I KNEW!" Ugh. It's fine, it'll get here.
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 210
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2017, 04:02:44 AM »
I've been really good until today. I didn't really allow myself to get too anxious even up until last week because was just watching those ahead of me, but today I was seriously checking this board every 10 minutes hoping someone would hear something. Hope the ball starts rolling tomorrow!

I mean, I KNOW we are all tired of answering the question "when are you leaving??" with the answer "WISH I KNEW!" Ugh. It's fine, it'll get here.

Yeah, I know they're trying to be supportive. But I also say believe me, as soon as I know the entire world will know!

My worry comes from no one hearing (or very few). Since the crew ahead of me mostly hasn't heard, it makes me think mine will be even later than that.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 78
« Reply #739 on: May 23, 2017, 05:17:47 AM »

Thank you to @nonmerci - I used her lists to reorganize the information in another way. I could be wrong, of course, but I think UKVI is going by biometrics dates. To quote UKVI on processing times/ service level standards: "95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.” I also think the official processing times on their website go by biometrics dates and this is the standard they hold themselves to, regardless of location.

The cases where non-priority people have changed retroactively to priority (noted here) seem to be evidence of this - their applications were then processed according to where they fit in the biometrics ‘cue.’ Also, when you count from the biometrics date, their decision-received emails average about 30 business days, which matches up with the UKVI data. I could have made mistakes here in my counting but the numbers shouldn’t be too far off! Sorry for any mistakes or if I’ve forgotten anyone. Congrats to all of those that have heard thus far!

I wonder if the current hold up is is related to UKVI changing their priority prices (increased to $700) right around April 4 - I know because that is the date we applied online and had a lot of trouble, amongst others, with the VFS Global website. We first paid the $572 and later found that they didn’t process the payment. Then followed panic and a slurry of emails to sort that out. UPS delivered my documents April 10 and I received email confirmation from someone at Sheffield on April 12 that our application was being processed as priority; however, I didn’t receive the ‘receipt email’ from UKVI until April 20 for whatever reason. @Binzab never received a confirmation email so that does not seem to be criteria to depend on for calculating business days. I, for my and my husband's sakes, hope that they are going by biometrics dates. Every case is different and above all else, fingers crossed for everyone!

Thanks for doing that - it does seem to follow biometric data, but also when documents were received?? Honestly this makes me a lot more anxious as I'm now a lot further down the queue than previously thought.

Just wondering - are these all priority apps?
California, USA

Relationship started: October 2014
Engaged: September 2016
Married: December 23, 2016
Priority visa application: March 31, 2017
Biometrics: April 13, 2017
Document confirmation: April 18, 2017
Outcome: Approved!

« Reply #740 on: May 23, 2017, 05:29:16 AM »
I'm honestly feeling so shitty this evening. I came down with some kind of sickness over the weekend and I've spent all evening packing up my stuff, but I'm not even sure if I'll have anywhere to go?? I already feel like I'm overstaying my welcome asking my friends to let me stay with them until my flight. I have no idea what I'll do if it doesn't come back before them.

The whole process has *bleep*ed with my head, and I've never experienced the anxiety I've been dealing with lately. I just feel hopeless.

Sorry, for the rant. I'm feeling super stressed out at the moment.
California, USA

« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
I'm honestly feeling so shitty this evening. I came down with some kind of sickness over the weekend and I've spent all evening packing up my stuff, but I'm not even sure if I'll have anywhere to go?? I already feel like I'm overstaying my welcome asking my friends to let me stay with them until my flight. I have no idea what I'll do if it doesn't come back before them.

The whole process has *bleep*ed with my head, and I've never experienced the anxiety I've been dealing with lately. I just feel hopeless.

Sorry, for the rant. I'm feeling super stressed out at the moment.

omg just realized it ~beeped~ my word out. LOLOL thanks forum, for the much needed laugh.
California, USA

• Liked: 38
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2017, 05:51:15 AM »

Just wondering - are these all priority apps?

Don't fret at those long waiting times. Some of those people were non-priority and then switched to priority after which made their timeline long.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2017, 06:17:23 AM »
As someone who has been giving advice on visas and processing times for over 10 years, the processing times we have experienced have always corresponded with the processing times published, based on receipt of documents in Sheffield.

However:

1. The processing times published on the website are for ALL applications - priority and non-priority combined

2. The processing times currently on the website are 3 MONTHS OUT OF DATE. They are for DECISIONS MADE in February 2017... and back in February, even non-priority applications were being decided within 30 working days. Right now though, they are taking around 60 working days from receipt in Sheffield.

3. The online application is not transmitted anywhere so they cannot actually start the processing until you mail the printed application... so it makes no sense to start the count from biometrics

4. What if you give biometrics but then decide not to apply after all - if the processing time was taken from biometrics date that would totally skew the data because there would be an indefinite processing time based on the applications that are never sent to Sheffield

5. And following on, what if for some reason it takes you a month to get the documents to Sheffield after biometrics? You would then have added 20 working days to your own processing time - and UKVI will not be held responsible for your tardiness
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:18:29 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 38
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2017, 06:51:46 AM »
Ksand-
I was wondering if the biometrics are simply stored on that barcoded sheet we are given when we apply. I know our fingerprints and photograph gets checked via a database (or something like that), but is that information only available to the immigration officer once they open our package and scan our barcode? Where is our biometrics information sent to?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »
Ksand-
I was wondering if the biometrics are simply stored on that barcoded sheet we are given when we apply. I know our fingerprints and photograph gets checked via a database (or something like that), but is that information only available to the immigration officer once they open our package and scan our barcode? Where is our biometrics information sent to?

No, the biometrics themselves aren't stored on the barcode - that's just your appointment confirmation... and the barcode is presumably used to identify your application in the system. You then get the sheet stamped to show you attended the appointment and include it in the package of documents.

Your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) are transmitted to Sheffield electronically after your appointment. Then when they get to your application to make a decision, they will pull up the biometrics information on their computer system (I assume through the barcode) and link it to the application. They then code your biometric information into the BRP card and use the photo taken at the appointment for the visa picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 32
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2017, 07:14:58 AM »
I have been reading the updates on here for a month now.

Its about time i update my details .

Country Applying From : Melbourne. Australia
Type: Settlement Marriage Priority
Application Submitted: 29th March 2017
Biometrics Taken: 10th April 2017
Documents Received: 21st April 2017

Today is working day 22. Nice to see so many people helping each other through the waiting period.

Best of luck to everyone.
Decision.......Waiting

« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2017, 08:57:22 AM »

I was hoping to be back in the UK by the end of May been 6 months since i seen my partner and its not looking that way now  :-[

Worst part is my lawyer in London who is receiving all my emails just told me last week that friday was her last day and she is changing jobs but don't worry her emails will be monitored!!. Like that exactly what i need right now in my life.

Now feel like i'm hassling the new lawyer my case is assigned to everyday making sure a decision email doesn't get forgotten.

anxiety is at a all time high.

Please hope late April applications find out this week
Decision.......Waiting

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »
I was hoping to be back in the UK by the end of May been 6 months since i seen my partner and its not looking that way now  :-[

Worst part is my lawyer in London who is receiving all my emails just told me last week that friday was her last day and she is changing jobs but don't worry her emails will be monitored!!. Like that exactly what i need right now in my life.

Now feel like i'm hassling the new lawyer my case is assigned to everyday making sure a decision email doesn't get forgotten.

anxiety is at a all time high.

Please hope late April applications find out this week

You are welcome to join the waiting room but as the website is specific to USA applications, the timelines won't align with processing from Australia (different teams processing and different application process).  But you are welcome to vent your frustrations!

« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »
You are welcome to join the waiting room but as the website is specific to USA applications, the timelines won't align with processing from Australia (different teams processing and different application process).  But you are welcome to vent your frustrations!

I new that this was a US site just thought as both countries applications are now processed in Sheffield it would run along similar timelines.

This site gets the most traffic its great to read and see so many people going through it together.
Decision.......Waiting

Sponsored Links