Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bringing in food after Holidays  (Read 570 times)

• Liked: 1892
Bringing in food after Holidays
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »
I thought the normal thing to do was to bring some food back from wherever you've been.  I.e. If you've been to Brittany, bring some butter cookies.  Lately, people have started just going to the Marks and Sparks and bringing in a bunch of packages of cookies and stuff.  WTF?  What's the point of that?

I'd like to try something good from your holiday, not doughnuts!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:58:45 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 111
Re: Bringing in food after Holidays
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
I had no idea that was a "thing" to bring back food from a holiday for workmates. But then, I haven't worked for someone else in 20 years. But yeah, M&S stuff would be a bit of a poor show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
My boss is based in Switzerland. 
Whenever he comes here to our site, he goes to Tesco or Aldi and buys Swiss chocolate on the cheap and passes them off that he bought them over there.   :P
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
My boss is based in Switzerland. 
Whenever he comes here to our site, he goes to Tesco or Aldi and buys Swiss chocolate on the cheap and passes them off that he bought them over there.   :P

Ha ha!  love it!

On our recent trip to the US it was right before Valentine's, so we brought back conversation hearts.  Went down like a lead balloon at my husband's office apparently.  No one liked the taste of them, except for one person.  lol!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
I just bring back Hershey's because then at least everyone knows what they're getting into.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 585
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:06:31 PM »
I had no idea that was a "thing" to bring back food from a holiday for workmates.

oh yes, it's definitely a 'thing'... only it's usually just sweets, not food.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
Ha ha!  love it!

On our recent trip to the US it was right before Valentine's, so we brought back conversation hearts.  Went down like a lead balloon at my husband's office apparently.  No one liked the taste of them, except for one person.  lol!

I can agree with them there. I hate Conversation hearts and the UK version Love Hearts. Haha

And my last job people always brought sweets/candy to try. But they don't do that here at my current job.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:40:05 PM »
I thought the normal thing to do was to bring some food back from wherever you've been.  I.e. If you've been to Brittany, bring some butter cookies.  Lately, people have started just going to the Marks and Sparks and bringing in a bunch of packages of cookies and stuff.  WTF?  What's the point of that?

I'd like to try something good from your holiday, not doughnuts!

In the US it's really common to just bring in food & have a common candy bowl. On any given day they'll have cupcakes or donuts or bagels in my office. At my old workplace they'd only bring sweets though. Most of my coworkers were Indian so they'd bring back tons after seeing family and make everyone happy with the taste of home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »
I just bring back Hershey's because then at least everyone knows what they're getting into.

God, not Hershey's!   Every single person has to tell me that it tastes like vomit.  Literally, there's a line of 10 people at my desk all waiting to tell me the one thing they know about America whenever someone brings back Hershey's.  Send me an email about it, but get the hell out of my way while I go get some.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »
God, not Hershey's!   Every single person has to tell me that it tastes like vomit.  Literally, there's a line of 10 people at my desk all waiting to tell me the one thing they know about America whenever someone brings back Hershey's.  Send me an email about it, but get the hell out of my way while I go get some.

Haha, my colleagues (fortunately) love it!  I still think it is better than the seaweed shortbread someone brought back from Ireland.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab