Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Skype Calls  (Read 2062 times)

• Liked: 0
Skype Calls
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:39 PM »
Hello everyone ,
   I hope everyone is well , I am new here and would like your advice .
My boyfriend ( an American citizen)  and I  ( a British citizen ) have been together for 5 years .
We write --Email and Skype call regularly however his number comes up unknown and has done for the past 5 years bc of where he calls me from -- he will soon be back home in Texas and  I would like to know how I can save our call logs as additional evidence of our genuine relation when we apply for his finance visa and eventual citizenship .

Also I would like advice on what the Home Office requires as evidence of a genuine relationship in Addition to our e-mails , Photos , Cards , Phone Logs , Letters .

Thank you

• Liked: 6110
Re: Skype Calls
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
Hello everyone ,
   I hope everyone is well , I am new here and would like your advice .
My boyfriend ( an American citizen)  and I  ( a British citizen ) have been together for 5 years .
We write --Email and Skype call regularly however his number comes up unknown and has done for the past 5 years bc of where he calls me from -- he will soon be back home in Texas and  I would like to know how I can save our call logs as additional evidence of our genuine relation when we apply for his finance visa and eventual citizenship .

Also I would like advice on what the Home Office requires as evidence of a genuine relationship in Addition to our e-mails , Photos , Cards , Phone Logs , Letters .

Thank you

Hi Isabel, welcome to the forum!  :)

You have  hit most of the main points of the relationship evidence right there.
You would also be expected to provide boarding passes as evidence of trips to see each other.
If you want to marry in the UK, you'll need additional evidence of wedding planning for the fiance visa.
Many couples get married in the US and apply straight for the spouse visa which saves a whole application with all the stress and fees involved.

Are you good on the financial requirements?

Someone will be along soon to help with your skype question, I'm sure.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
Thank you very much .

We want to marry in Mexico bc he is originally from Mexico and lives on a Border Town .
We will be meeting in November in Mexico .

I will begin to make a scrap book and folder with our evidence .

I would like to know if we need to inform the US embassy our intent to marry ???

• Liked: 210
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:34:36 PM »
Sorry I can't help about Skype call records.

As to marrying in Mexico, I can't see any reason why either of you would need to notify the US embassy.

Save your boarding passes for your trip--they will be great relationship evidence. And take photos together.

If you send each other letters or care packages, save evidence of that, too.

And since you are the UK citizen, turn off paperless banking and save all of your payslips, bank statements, etc.

Good luck!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »
Thank you

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »
Does your fiance call you on Skype and pay for it?

If he's calling your mobile number Skype tracks his calls automatically and he can access that through his Skype account. Easiest way is to sign in on a browser to see it.

If it's a Skype to Skype call (which it doesn't sound like it) you would have to go about it a different way.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links