Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TOR approvals - packing lists?  (Read 1906 times)

• Liked: 676
TOR approvals - packing lists?
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
Does anyone know if you can add items to your shipment after receiving approval of the TOR application? (Extra couple of boxes of clothes,  etc.)?

• Liked: 210
Re: TOR approvals - packing lists?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:19 AM »
Yes, as long as it's roughly similar.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
Hi AV. I had written to them, and this is the formal response:

"Due to the fact that we recommend you apply for Transfer of Residency relief prior to shipping your goods, we accept that circumstances may change regarding what you intend to bring and when. As such, we can only state that your circumstances would mean you qualify for ToR and cannot fully validate any goods before they arrive at the frontier. The legal responsibility is on you as the importer to only declare goods that qualify for Tor to the relevant Customs Procedure, so this number will be good for your personal effects/household goods for the duration of the 12 month period in which relief can be claimed, and there is no need to notify us at the issuing office of any future shipments."

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »
The frontier, eh? My wife is laughing her head off. :D

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
 ;D

We found that an interesting choice of words, as well.

• Liked: 0
Re: TOR approvals
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »
How long does it typically tack to get the TOR approval back? I emailed mine on Monday. And wondering when I should be expecting a response. Thanks in advance!!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
My experience was about 3 weeks - it depends on how backed up they are. This is moving season, so....

• Liked: 35
Re: TOR approvals
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
How long does it typically tack to get the TOR approval back? I emailed mine on Monday. And wondering when I should be expecting a response. Thanks in advance!!

I applied for TOR for my spouse and was shocked, and very happy to receive approval today, just 5 business days later. Had seen other posts saying it could take a month.

I applied via the email address at the end of the completed online form, with an attachment of a list of items she will be bringing, and a photocopy of her driving license, and a photocopy of her previous passport (not her current one as we forgot to make a copy of it).

Still stunned we got such a prompt approval.

:)

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 07:50:00 AM »
You were lucky! I believe ours took a month, but it was during the summer rush. Timing may have been in your favor. :)

• Liked: 51
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:20 PM »
I just learned about ToR today, and I'm incredibly confused...

I married my british husband in June of this year, and am waiting for my spousal visa to come back, hopefully in the next three weeks. I have to boxes I'd like to ship, that are literally full of just clothing, housewares, toiletries, etc. Anything heavy I was trying to avoid having in my suitcases.

I just tried to look at and get a feel for the online ToR form, and it was asking all these questions about whether I was sending 'presents' more than 2 months before my wedding, and why my partner wouldn't be coming with me to the UK (he's a citizen and resident, and as such is already there), and then it asked me for a copy of my lease/mortgage for where I live in the USA now- I'm currently living with my parents waiting for the visa, so there's no documentation...

Can anyone offer advice? Sorry to hijack an existing thread, I'll also make a new one to ask.
Married: 06/2017
Online App (priority): Aug 7
Biometrics: Aug 9
Docs sent to Sheffield: Aug 9
Confirmation from Sheffield: Aug 12
Email saying decision made: Sep 21!
Documents returned: /
Result?!: /

• Liked: 35
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »
I just learned about ToR today, and I'm incredibly confused...

I married my british husband in June of this year, and am waiting for my spousal visa to come back, hopefully in the next three weeks. I have to boxes I'd like to ship, that are literally full of just clothing, housewares, toiletries, etc. Anything heavy I was trying to avoid having in my suitcases.

I just tried to look at and get a feel for the online ToR form, and it was asking all these questions about whether I was sending 'presents' more than 2 months before my wedding, and why my partner wouldn't be coming with me to the UK (he's a citizen and resident, and as such is already there), and then it asked me for a copy of my lease/mortgage for where I live in the USA now- I'm currently living with my parents waiting for the visa, so there's no documentation...

Can anyone offer advice? Sorry to hijack an existing thread, I'll also make a new one to ask.

Hi emkakora:

Most of what you put in the form will be personal to you, but getting through page 3 is where I imagine you are finding difficulty.

This is what we put for page 3 of the form:
"What are you planning to do in UK or other country of EU?" -- We answered "Other" as we've been married 10 years and are not coming over to marry.
In the box we said that we have been married 10 years, that the UK spouse had already returned to the UK and the USA spouse had applied for spousal visa, awaiting approval.

Below that we answered the next 3 questions No, Yes, No.

Then "State the reason why your family and/or partner is/are not coming......." -- we said British spouse has already moved back.

"How many times a year do you expect to visit....?" -- Awaiting spousal approval for permanent move to UK.

We then printed off the form, signed it, and emailed it in with an attachment including photocopies of driving license, and passport and a list of what we are bringing. I wrote in the email that it was a preliminary list, but that we were bringing our dogs, but no vehicle or large furniture or appliances. I also explained that it was an anticipated date, not set in concrete as we are at the mercy of UKVI. :)

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab