Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IHS payment online malfunction  (Read 1871 times)

• Liked: 38
IHS payment online malfunction
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »
Hi! I am super upset this morning because I basically threw 780 dollars out the window.

I went to go pay for my IHS while completing my application and received an email confirmation saying the payment went through. However, on my Visa4UK online application portal, it shows that I never paid the IHS. I called the UKVI and a representative told me they are having technical difficulties and there is nothing they can do about it. She advised me to just start a fresh application and repay everything!

Does anyone have any experience with this or is there anyone else who is going through this at the moment?

• Liked: 3595
Re: IHS payment online malfunction
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
That sucks :(.

I think someone else said something about the payment seeming not to go through but then it turned out a few minutes later, it had actually worked. Ah, here it is: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90221.0

However, if this is not the case for you, you'll probably have to start again and pay again... and then request an IHS refund if the payment is taken out, or alternatively, you could see if there's any way to cancel the payment with your bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
Hi! I am super upset this morning because I basically threw 780 dollars out the window.

I went to go pay for my IHS while completing my application and received an email confirmation saying the payment went through. However, on my Visa4UK online application portal, it shows that I never paid the IHS. I called the UKVI and a representative told me they are having technical difficulties and there is nothing they can do about it. She advised me to just start a fresh application and repay everything!

Does anyone have any experience with this or is there anyone else who is going through this at the moment?

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having but don't worry, you may be out of pocket for a while but you will get a refund of the extra payment if it doesn't sort itself out.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
Crisis averted! I decided to call a different representative and they told me to simply go to the Visa4UK website on a desktop computer instead of a laptop because they are more compatible with their portal. She was right! The payment linked up immediately and I didn't have to pay twice.

;D

• Liked: 210
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »
Crisis averted! I decided to call a different representative and they told me to simply go to the Visa4UK website on a desktop computer instead of a laptop because they are more compatible with their portal. She was right! The payment linked up immediately and I didn't have to pay twice.

;D

Great, but how ridiculous! As if the entire world only had desktops and not laptops, not to mention tablets.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »
Random application question...
I applied online today and paid for everything (as you know). I am planning on buying priority through the VFS portal. My biometrics aren't until Tuesday next week so I won't be shipping my documents to Sheffield until then. Does it matter when I buy the priority? Can I do it today or should I wait until right before I ship my stuff?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
Random application question...
I applied online today and paid for everything (as you know). I am planning on buying priority through the VFS portal. My biometrics aren't until Tuesday next week so I won't be shipping my documents to Sheffield until then. Does it matter when I buy the priority? Can I do it today or should I wait until right before I ship my stuff?

VFS site can be VERY buggy.  I'd go on and pay and have it done.  But that's just my 2p.  I haven't had thousands leave my bank account today.   ;)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »
Ha, thank you! That is good advice.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »
I have been on the phone with PwC's immigration dept about this as well. Problems with website and IHS payment since Thursday.

If you pay online and receive email confirmation (within 30 min or so) you can go through on visa4uk, click pay IHS (as if you will pay again) and it will now take you to a payment complete screen with a check mark and an IHS number. Then go back to visa4uk and in about an hour or less it should update your payment as complete and you can pay for application.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:36:20 PM »
Yes, Artsy the IHS payment portal was malfunctioning this morning apparently.

I was given advice to never use a laptop while doing visa applications because a desktop is more compatible for some reason.

I got it all paid for once I switched to my desktop so there is no worry :)

• Liked: 15
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 06:44:39 PM »
I'm completing payments today as well & had the same heart attack. Glad you've got it all worked out!!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
Such a pain especially since we are paying upwards of 3000 USD for this!

• Liked: 37
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 12:06:22 AM »
I completed my online application Friday, the 19th, and can report that the IHS payment portion of the process is still very buggy. I got different error messages about the system being unavailable, and couldn't move forward, despite trying a number of tricks (logging off/logging on, restarting browser & computer, switching browsers, waiting a couple of hours)

What eventually seemed to work was clearing the cookies in my browser and logging into the application again. (I also did switch from my usual browser, Chrome, to Safari, just because I didn't want to lose my Chrome data.) I was finally able to complete everything.

By the way, when I was using the IHS portion, it had the label "ALPHA", which is worrying, because the alpha version of a software release is meant for internal testing, and even the next version, the beta, is not meant for general release.

So, it's hard to know what's going with this not-ready-for-primetime application, but I'd encourage anyone who has trouble to send feedback through the links in the application in hopes that the technical people can get it working right!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »
I completed my online application Friday, the 19th, and can report that the IHS payment portion of the process is still very buggy. I got different error messages about the system being unavailable, and couldn't move forward, despite trying a number of tricks (logging off/logging on, restarting browser & computer, switching browsers, waiting a couple of hours)

What eventually seemed to work was clearing the cookies in my browser and logging into the application again. (I also did switch from my usual browser, Chrome, to Safari, just because I didn't want to lose my Chrome data.) I was finally able to complete everything.

By the way, when I was using the IHS portion, it had the label "ALPHA", which is worrying, because the alpha version of a software release is meant for internal testing, and even the next version, the beta, is not meant for general release.

So, it's hard to know what's going with this not-ready-for-primetime application, but I'd encourage anyone who has trouble to send feedback through the links in the application in hopes that the technical people can get it working right!

Glad you got it sorted!  :)

It's shocking really that they don't have it fixed yet though.   >:(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab