Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for a secondary home  (Read 1572 times)

• Liked: 116
Re: Preparing for a secondary home
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »

White female 35 and work on housing, the day the brexit results were announced, I was told twice to "*bleep* off back where I came from. They voted to get rid of me"  and "you are stealing our jobs and benefits, we don't want you here" so no, they don't care where you are from, or what language you speak, not British is not British for those who are anti immigrant.

Sadly, I am not eligible for benefits on my visa, so not stealing benefits. And funnily enough, those that voted based on immigration, were voting in European immigrants, so again not me. But hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is definitely some dislike against Americans over here.  It's subtle but it's there.  Listen for people moaning about how things are being 'Americanized' like it's a bad thing (ooh, so terrible that customer service is getting friendlier here!  we're ruining their lives!).  When I was here on a student visa I had a little part time job ushering at a theatre one or two nights per week.  I had several people hear my accent and come up to me and ask if I had the right to work in the country.  Of course I did, employers check these things before hiring. 
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 533
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »
ooh

I'm still working on figuring out exactly what adding "oooh" to the front of a sentence means...
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 116
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 12:07:40 PM »
I'm still working on figuring out exactly what adding "oooh" to the front of a sentence means...

In this instance it was actually a typo on my part (meant to say oh) I didn't catch until your reply  :P
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab