Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First FLR(m) - mail document evidence question  (Read 335 times)

• Liked: 5
First FLR(m) - mail document evidence question
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continuous help! My husband and I just got married- we have been living together since September 2016, but I didn't pay rent (as I still paid my old landlord through November 2016- didn't want to find a subletter for such a short amount of time). I have been finishing my MA over the past few months, and my parents came to visit us for the holidays and life has been hectic. We are gathering our list of documents to include at our in-person application, and I'm worried that there are gaps for our mail evidence.

My husband owns our house, and I have just been paying him money for the house via bank wire transfer over the recent few months. I also haven't had a job throughout the entire time I've lived with my husband (and while I've lived in the UK) and I've been busy with schooling, so I don't get much mail here as is.

- I have one letter with bank statements from my bank from January stating that I officially changed my address which was 'stamped'

-But I also have a bank statement mailed letter to our house from March bank statements backward.

- I am waiting for a new bank card to be sent to me with my changed title in the mail (should be here within 5 working days)

-I have 3 NHS letters (one from February, 2 from March 2017)

- I have 1 letter from the Department for Work and Pensions letter from February or March (it doesn't have the date)

- I know this doesn't count, but I also have a letter from Boots for a Boots card sent to my house, and a confirmation letter for our wedding.

- My husband has just recently added me onto the council tax bill and electric bill. We should be receiving joint mail from both of them (so 2 documents) within the next week or two.

- I have tried getting mail from my telephone company beforehand, but they are quite difficult. In February they just printed off a statement for me at their office. I called them for statements to be sent to us in the mail which will be for March and April

- My husband and I tried to apply for a joint bank account with his bank recently, but the bank said that since my visa is expiring soon we have to wait to open it until I get my new visa.

My concerns are that I don't have many from January/February. Would the accompanying note documents count for some? Once we have the other documents that we are waiting to arrive, will that suffice? I've spoken with other spouses who have said that since this is my first FLR(m) visa and since we have only lived together for less than a year then we'll be okay, but I would like some more advice. Also, for further proof of me paying rent to my landlord through November, my landlord has volunteered to write us a note on my behalf which he should be sending to me ASAP. Should I include this information?

Also, for additional evidence, could I bring my school documents that were mailed to me?

Thanks for helping!

• Liked: 6110
Re: First FLR(m) - mail document evidence question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
Just take what you have, you'll be fine. They won't expect you to have much in your situation.  :)

As an aside, just about the worst (most expensive) way to transfer money is by wire. You should take a look at some of the currency exchange companies instead. Much better value.
I use Transferwise and love them!

• Liked: 3595
Re: First FLR(m) - mail document evidence question
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
Okay, so you need 6 documents in each name at the same address, spread evenly over the 8 months between September 2016 and April 2017.

From what you've said, you have the following:

Mail in your name:
September: ?
October: ?
November: ?
December: ?
January: 1 bank letter
February: 1 NHS letter, 1 DWP letter
March: 2 NHS letters, 1 bank letter
April: joint council tax bill

So, you're covered from January to April - you actually have more than enough, so no need to worry about that.

Ideally, what you need is letters of any kind between September and December. However, since you haven't been living together for long, if you don't have anything at all, you can write a letter to explain that you had no mail in your name until January.

So, I would send, for your 6 documents:

1. Something from September or October if you have anything - if not, explain why in a letter
2: Something from November or December if you have anything - if not, explain why in a letter
3. January = bank letter
4. February = NHS letter and/or DWP letter
5. March = 2 NHS letters and/or DWP letter and/or bank letter
6. April = joint council tax bill and/or electricity bill

What about your husband? What are his 6 documents? If his are separately addressed, each one should be dated as close to each of yours as possible

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab