Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Accomodation Help!!!  (Read 240 times)

• Liked: 4
Spousal Visa Accomodation Help!!!
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:17:15 PM »
I'm engaged and we are planning on marrying in July. But it seems that we have been hitting snag after snag. Now I am worried about the accommodation portion of the visa. Currently my fiance is living with his parents in their council house. They aren't charging him rent, nor would they be charging me. Would the home office accept that as temporary housing until we find a place of our own and grant me my spousal visa? I am so afraid that it is all going to fall through. 

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spousal Visa Accomodation Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:21:09 PM »
I'm engaged and we are planning on marrying in July. But it seems that we have been hitting snag after snag. Now I am worried about the accommodation portion of the visa. Currently my fiance is living with his parents in their council house. They aren't charging him rent, nor would they be charging me. Would the home office accept that as temporary housing until we find a place of our own and grant me my spousal visa? I am so afraid that it is all going to fall through.

Presuming the house is large enough for 4 of you, that that will be fine as long as you are able to provide a letter from the council giving you permission to live there once your visa is granted and also a letter from his parents giving the same permission.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:24:05 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
The standard for overcrowding is pretty generous. Someone else probably has the specifics or a link to it, but I think (?) that a two bedroom house would qualify. Don't take my word for it, though.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
The standard for overcrowding is pretty generous. Someone else probably has the specifics or a link to it, but I think (?) that a two bedroom house would qualify. Don't take my word for it, though.

Yes, 2 bed plus one other room. I just edited to provide the link.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab