Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Feb 27th (or around that time) non priority email confirmation visa crew  (Read 7787 times)

• Liked: 97
I'm wondering if the person on the phone mixed it up with the brp thing that just happened to someone? it was recently on another thread. they told him they would put the application on hold.

I just don't trust the call centre at all they lie all the time.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 24
I'm wondering if the person on the phone mixed it up with the brp thing that just happened to someone? it was recently on another thread. they told him they would put the application on hold.

I agree, we frequently get conflicting information. Because the woman on the phone my husband was originally speaking with had a panic attack, he was put on the phone with a manager. My husband said he sounded the most knowledgeable out of all the people he's spoken with. I am happy to share the form he was sent if anyone wants to message me their email address.

• Liked: 6110
I agree, we frequently get conflicting information. Because the woman on the phone my husband was originally speaking with had a panic attack, he was put on the phone with a manager. My husband said he sounded the most knowledgeable out of all the people he's spoken with. I am happy to share the form he was sent if anyone wants to message me their email address.

Can you share it here please?

• Liked: 3595

Yeah, that would be great if you can share it.

I spent about an hour last night scouring the UKVI website and Googling to see if anyone else has been in this situation before and I couldn't find anything at all about applications made outside the UK.

This is what I do know, both from Googling, the UKVI website and situations I've seen over the years:

- if you apply for an extension visa inside the UK and request your passport back, it automatically invalidates the application, and the application is treated as withdrawn

- usually the only applications for which you can request your passport back and it not affect the application are EEA immigration rules applications. For example, EEA 5-year residence cards

- I've never heard of anyone trying to get their passport back from an application made outside the UK. However, I have heard of people trying to withdraw their application from Sheffield completely.

- all the references to requesting documents back that I can find via Google are in regards to in-country and EEA applications only.

• Liked: 4985

I found this forum because I was given wrong info by a manager.  She and the person I spoke to before her were insistent that I needed to leave the UK and return to the US after I married to change visas instead of being able to switch in country (I was here on a work visa).  They were VERY convincing, which confused me as that was the one thing I was sure I could do!

• Liked: 12
No idea?? But this is my timeline..

Feb 10th -- biometrics
Feb 25th -- email confirmation stating my application is being prepared by ECO
Feb 27th -- docs were received

Hey everyone! I received my confirmation email today, a decision has been made! Hopefully the rest of the Feb 27th non-priority start coming through!  :)

• Liked: 56
Hey everyone! I received my confirmation email today, a decision has been made! Hopefully the rest of the Feb 27th non-priority start coming through!  :)

!!!!! AHHHH BRILLIANT NEWS!!
Impatient Brit waiting on a spouse visa for her American husband..
Non Priority application received by Sheffield on February 27 2017
Decision Email : May 16th

• Liked: 5
Come on Sheffield, let's get on with it !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 24

Reason for escalation:
Full name of applicant:
Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):
Country where applying:
Location of visa centre:
Biometric taken date:
Date of application:
Date of birth of applicant:
Type of Visa applied:
Nationality:
Passport Number:
Email address:
For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at:
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Within the escalation reason we were instructed to write that I need my passport back urgently and I would like to put my application on hold.

• Liked: 134

Sounds like the call centre providing confusing once again.  I am not sure the same would be possible for fiancée or spousal applications applied for outside of the UK as the poster in the above situation was transferring his ILR sticker in his passport to a BRP card.  Placing the application on hold did not affect his immigration status, whereas putting a fiancée or spousal application on hold would not necessary allow the applicant to enter the UK.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 47

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked: 17
**stares at inbox all day**
🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇
01.2014: Met in London
02.2016: Married in UK
21.02.2017: Biometrics completed
25.02.2017: App submitted
25.02.2017: Notified app is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
25.02.2017: Docs sent
02.03.2017: Marked delivered by DHS
11.05.2017: Decision made email rec’d
15.05.2017: Spousal visa approved/visa rec’d in mail
10.05.2017: BRP issued
01.06.2017: Arrived in UK
20.10.2019: FLR(M) application submitted
04.11.2019: Biometrics submitted
10.12.2019: Extension approved
20.12.2019: BRP rec'd in post

Does anyone know if the date of biometrics has an affect on the decision time? So even if two people got confirmation of receipt on the same day, could the date of biometrics mean one hears back sooner?

• Liked: 3595
Does anyone know if the date of biometrics has an affect on the decision time? So even if two people got confirmation of receipt on the same day, could the date of biometrics mean one hears back sooner?

Nope, it's completely irrelevant, since they can't start processing the application until it arrives in Sheffield anyway.

The only things that determine how quickly the decision is made are:
- where you are in the queue
- how quickly the ECO processing your application actually gets to it

There could be any number of reasons why two people who got their receipt on the same day may get decisions at different times:
- it could be that the packages arrived in Sheffield at different times on the same day and there are 50 applications sitting between them
- it could be that they have been assigned to different ECOs and one ECO is working through their pile of applications faster than the other
- it could be that one application is missing documents and they have to contact the applicant to ask for them
- it could be that one application has complicated circumstances (criminal convictions or refused visas) and will take longer to process than the other

Nope, it's completely irrelevant, since they can't start processing the application until it arrives in Sheffield anyway.

The only things that determine how quickly the decision is made are:
- where you are in the queue
- how quickly the ECO processing your application actually gets to it

There could be any number of reasons why two people who got their receipt on the same day may get decisions at different times:
- it could be that the packages arrived in Sheffield at different times on the same day and there are 50 applications sitting between them
- it could be that they have been assigned to different ECOs and one ECO is working through their pile of applications faster than the other
- it could be that one application is missing documents and they have to contact the applicant to ask for them
- it could be that one application has complicated circumstances (criminal convictions or refused visas) and will take longer to process than the other

That's what I thought :) thank you!

Sponsored Links