Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Introduction, I'm moving from Milwaukee, WI to Glasgow, Scotland  (Read 654 times)

• Liked: 1
Hello All,

Redheadwigirl here I'm marrying a Scotsman this November and will file for my spousal visa in January after spending 2 weeks over the holiday's in my new home. My goal is to be living full-time in region by April of 2018. I found your site because I wasn't able to find saltine crackers during my last visit and was searching for a source! LOL   

I'll be searching for some advice on applying for jobs long distance, moving personal property overseas and settling into life in the UK after living in the US.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and advice!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Introduction, I'm moving from Milwaukee, WI to Glasgow, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
Hello All,

Redheadwigirl here I'm marrying a Scotsman this November and will file for my spousal visa in January after spending 2 weeks over the holiday's in my new home. My goal is to be living full-time in region by April of 2018. I found your site because I wasn't able to find saltine crackers during my last visit and was searching for a source! LOL   

I'll be searching for some advice on applying for jobs long distance, moving personal property overseas and settling into life in the UK after living in the US.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and advice!

Hello and welcome!  :)

The good news is that historically, January is the very best time to apply for a spouse visa in that the processing times are at their shortest. Do check out our visa forum for all your visa application questions too!  :)

• Liked: 60
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Good luck, redhead! My advice is to get all your supporting documents lined up a month ahead of when you're going to apply. It took my husband a long time to get his bank statements and a letter confirming his employment from the company. And it was super stressful!

I'm also in the Glasgow area (for a grand total of 2 months now; I'm an expert!) so I'd be happy to meet up if you need a friendly face  :)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:50 PM »
Welcome to the site it's awesome I still get info from it after living here 14 years. I couldn't find saltines either.  !!
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »
Good luck, redhead! My advice is to get all your supporting documents lined up a month ahead of when you're going to apply. It took my husband a long time to get his bank statements and a letter confirming his employment from the company. And it was super stressful!

It's a great idea to get as much done you can before hand but just be aware that the financial documents need to be dated within 28 days of the online application so they will need to be the last things you gather.  :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »
Welcome, from a fellow American living in Glasgow. I hope you love Glasgow as much as I do. I've lived here for two and a bit years now after living in London for nine years and I absolutely love it! If you have any questions about Glasgow, let me know.
22 November 2005: Arrived in the UK on a work permit
28 April 2006: Met my beloved
2 July 2010: Gave birth to our little boy
30 October 2010: ILR Granted!
January 2013: UK Citizenship Granted
8 November 2014: Married

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »
Welcome! Scotland is awesome, I'm sure you'll love it! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab