Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: May timeline  (Read 45773 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: May timeline
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »
Adding myself in!

Got my FLR(M) paperwork all mailed off today. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long! I can't wait to get a job.

FLR(M) non-priority
Package sent: 25 May
Arrived in Sheffield:
Email from Sheffield:

Excellent! Good luck Brenzie!  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2017, 07:59:59 PM »
My  son and I had our bio appt yesterday, but we are waiting on paperwork from my husband. He sent everything out on the 23rd and paid for next day arrival....it's currently sitting in birmingham....48 hours after it should have been here. Since Monday is a holiday, fedex can't get it here to me until the 31st.....6 days after my appointment. My husband called the UKVI and explained the situation to them and they said they'd give an extra day grace period due to the holiday. Do they include Sunday in their "5 days from appointment"? I'm going crazy over here, because my paperwork still has to clear customs here once it gets to the US. This is seriously making me sick to my stomach.
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2017, 08:03:57 PM »
My  son and I had our bio appt yesterday, but we are waiting on paperwork from my husband. He sent everything out on the 23rd and paid for next day arrival....it's currently sitting in birmingham....48 hours after it should have been here. Since Monday is a holiday, fedex can't get it here to me until the 31st.....6 days after my appointment. My husband called the UKVI and explained the situation to them and they said they'd give an extra day grace period due to the holiday. Do they include Sunday in their "5 days from appointment"? I'm going crazy over here, because my paperwork still has to clear customs here once it gets to the US. This is seriously making me sick to my stomach.

I know this doesn't help you now but for the benefit of others, this is why we say never to even submit your application until you have all your documents safely in hand.

Although the rules state 5 days, in practice we have seen many people send their packages well after this and have not seen it be a problem.

• Liked: 79
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »

Bank holidays are not included in the 5 day guideline. Theres been some confusion after biometrics that you have 5 days or 2 weeks to submit the application.

Don't take my word as law, but my solicitor contacted one of their ECO contacts and they said the 5 day/ 2 week rule was a guideline so people don't hold onto their applications for too long.

I wouldn't be stressed. But as always, this is just my experience, and I'm sure other people will be along soon to help out some more!

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »
Bank holidays are not included in the 5 day guideline. Theres been some confusion after biometrics that you have 5 days or 2 weeks to submit the application.

Don't take my word as law, but my solicitor contacted one of their ECO contacts and they said the 5 day/ 2 week rule was a guideline so people don't hold onto their applications for too long.

I wouldn't be stressed. But as always, this is just my experience, and I'm sure other people will be along soon to help out some more!

Actually, there is no confusion. The 2 week rule is redundant but they have not updated the email yet.
It clearly indicates 5 days on the website which is what you should go by.  :)

Post your application

Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment. You then have 5 days to post this, your application form, your passport and supporting documents to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
Is Sunday considered in their 5 day time frame?
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
Things happen, especially when one thinks they have all of the paperwork and find out right before their appointment that they are missing some paperwork, so maybe they take that into consideration. I just don't understand how an application that has everything in their paperwork they need for their case can be rejected because it was late, considering shipping times, holiday's, etc.
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »
Things happen, especially when one thinks they have all of the paperwork and find out right before their appointment that they are missing some paperwork, so maybe they take that into consideration. I just don't understand how an application that has everything in their paperwork they need for their case can be rejected because it was late, considering shipping times, holiday's, etc.

That is why you should not have submitted your online application until you had completed your research and had all your documents in hand.
But as I mentioned in my other post, I have never seen a problem with an application submitted late. You should be fine.  :) Please don't worry.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:03:51 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »
My application was submitted 2 weeks before the appointment. I was under the impression that I had everything in hand, until I realized that for my specific case, I was missing something, hence the over night shipping my husband paid for which was not honored. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2017, 10:07:31 PM »
My application was submitted 2 weeks before the appointment. I was under the impression that I had everything in hand, until I realized that for my specific case, I was missing something, hence the over night shipping my husband paid for which was not honored. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Ah, I see. In that case, you are in a much better position sending a complete application a little late than sending an incomplete application which may have been refused.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
Bank holidays are not included in the 5 day guideline.

How do you know that? The official guidance says '5 days' and there is no mention of Bank Holidays. Sundays are included, so I don't see why Bank Holidays wouldn't be.

The deadline has always been in CALENDAR days, regardless of weekends and bank holidays.

Theres been some confusion after biometrics that you have 5 days or 2 weeks to submit the application.

There is no confusion. The 2 weeks deadline was abolished in September 2015 and replaced with 5 days in the official guidance.

Is Sunday considered in their 5 day time frame?

Yes, it's calendar days, not working days, so Sunday is included.

• Liked: 79
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2017, 10:26:42 PM »
How do you know that? The official guidance says '5 days' and there is no mention of Bank Holidays. Sundays are included, so I don't see why Bank Holidays wouldn't be.

The deadline has always been in CALENDAR days, regardless of weekends and bank holidays.

There is no confusion. The 2 weeks deadline was abolished in September 2015 and replaced with 5 days in the official guidance.

Yes, it's calendar days, not working days, so Sunday is included.

As I said in my post, I defer to the guru's here such as yourself, and not to take my post as the official word. I was just sharing my experience that I had last month with my solicitor. I'm not trying to post wrong or misleading information.

In fact, I've been beginning to think that having a solicitor draw everything up could have been a mistake on my part, but nothing I can do about that now unfortunately! 

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »
What do you think my chances of rejection are if I send it out 1-3 days after the 5 day cutoff Ksand24? I've been making myself sick over this all day long, full of worry.
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »
What do you think my chances of rejection are if I send it out 1-3 days after the 5 day cutoff Ksand24? I've been making myself sick over this all day long, full of worry.

Please stop worrying. They will not refuse your application for that.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »

Please don't worry... there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just send it as soon as you can. I was just clarifying that the guidance is 5 days, not 2 weeks, and that every day is counted.

However, several people have ended up sending their applications more than 5 days after biometrics, for whatever reason, and no one has had any problems. Last year, someone sent their application more than a month after biometrics, because they didn't even know there was a deadline, and they still got their visa with no issues.

Sponsored Links