Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: May timeline  (Read 46213 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: May timeline
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »
That is extremely reassuring. I'm a worry wart about pretty much everything, especially something this important. My son has been asking me constantly for 2 months, when we can live with his stepdaddy, so this move is important to him too.
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

• Liked: 210
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2017, 04:03:06 AM »
This won't help for your case, but for anyone who comes along after this:

You should be able to reschedule your biometrics appointment free. Just go to your online application account and find your biometrics appointment. I changed mine (earlier) with no problem, but I could have made it later.

Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 60
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »
Just to update - the package was delivered. Now just for a confirmation email!

FLR(M) non-priority
Package sent: 25 May
Arrived in Sheffield: 26 May
Email from Sheffield: ?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
Just to update - the package was delivered. Now just for a confirmation email!

FLR(M) non-priority
Package sent: 25 May
Arrived in Sheffield: 26 May
Email from Sheffield: ?

Hey brenzie,
They don't send emails for in country applications. Everything is done by post. Until you get your invitation to biometrics (by post), the only thing you can see is when they take payment for the app, as long as you used a credit card.

They even send requests for more info or missing documents by post.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:30:56 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 60
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »
Hey brenzie,
They don't send emails for in country applications. Everything is done by post. Until you get your invitation to biometrics (by post), the only thing you can see is when they take payment for the app, as long as you used a credit card.

They even send requests for more info or missing documents by post.

Geez, just when you think you have the whole system figured out!  ;D ;D ;D

Since I did the online application, my credit card was charged immediately. So I guess it's just going to be a long waiting game!

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »
Geez, just when you think you have the whole system figured out!  ;D ;D ;D

Since I did the online application, my credit card was charged immediately. So I guess it's just going to be a long waiting game!

Pretty much. You get even less transparency with FLR as they send you things only when they're ready to. Though they should be done within 8 weeks. If they aren't you can contact them and find out what's going on.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »
Hello,

Thought I would start a thread for us lucky ones applying in May. I applied online for my wife's spouse visa today. Bio metrics are on the 8th and we'll mail everything priority to Sheffield later that day. Fingers crossed for a smooth process and a kind turnaround time. The quicker we can get back to the UK and out of my buddy's basement the better!

Congratulations!
I'm applying in June, and I can't wait for all of this to be done...
I just have a question about the BRP...
I'm applying for the first time for the Spouse visa, but it doesn't tell me that I need a BRP appointment or anything? I currently don't have one, and seeing all these posts about the BRP has got me very nervous... am I missing something?

Sorry to hijack your happy message  :-\\\\

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »
Congratulations!
I'm applying in June, and I can't wait for all of this to be done...
I just have a question about the BRP...
I'm applying for the first time for the Spouse visa, but it doesn't tell me that I need a BRP appointment or anything? I currently don't have one, and seeing all these posts about the BRP has got me very nervous... am I missing something?

Sorry to hijack your happy message  :-\\\\

You schedule biometrics after you've paid for your application (the system will prompt you to book).

The BRP is collected from a chosen Post Office in the U.K. after you receive your approval.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »
You schedule biometrics after you've paid for your application (the system will prompt you to book).

The BRP is collected from a chosen Post Office in the U.K. after you receive your approval.

thank you very much  :)

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2017, 02:12:21 PM »

She's on a Tier 5 visa here in the UK that expires at the end of next month. She has her own thread with more questions.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »
She's on a Tier 5 visa here in the UK that expires at the end of next month. She has her own thread with more questions.

Oh poopies.  I figured since he/she said spouse visa that it was a US based application.  My bad!

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
Oh poopies.  I figured since he/she said spouse visa that it was a US based application.  My bad!

Yeah, I don't know what visa someone on a Tier 5 is eligible to apply for... She is assuming it was called Spousal, I told her she's talking about FLR.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
In that case, the BRP will be posted to you after your application is approved. If you apply in person, biometrics are taken at the appointment. If you apply by post, you receive a letter after sending in your application directing you to an appropriate post office (only certain ones do it) where they take your biometrics.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 210
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2017, 05:18:49 AM »

Poopies?

Someone's been changing a lot of diapers. :D

Still no name yet?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 4
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2017, 05:28:49 AM »
Hello all!
I'm American and my husband is British. He's in the UK with one of our children, and I'm in the US with the other. He returned to settle and we wanted our child to start school and settle in. We applied back in January but our application was rejected within 3 weeks because we didn't send enough financial evidence.

I've reapplied and here's my timeline (hopefully we're reunited soon, it's been tough on the children).

Online application: 30 April 2017
Biometrics: 4 May 2017
Application sent to Sheffield: 4 May 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (UPS tracking): 8 May 2017
Confirmation email from Sheffield: 15 May 2017
Decision made email:
Documents returned:

-
I guess I'm looking at a minimum wait of 4 weeks now? We've already booked our flights (long story) and I'm nervous about having to change them. This has been so expensive.

Hi AmericanMom,
We are in similar situation (2 kids, British hubby) and I'm trying to figure this all out.  We live in CA and are planning to relocate to the UK hopefully over the summer; I am collecting our documentation now and hope to apply within the next week or 2.  We are planning to use our savings to meet our financial requirements.  We have sufficient funds (kiddos are British Citizens so we only need the money to cover me) but our money is all here in American banks.  One friend who just went through this,  told us our funds had to be in a UK bank account for 6 months.  I don't see anything on the official page about the funds needing to be in a UK bank.  Also, can you tell me what problems you had with proving your financial situation?  We cannot afford the money nor the time to be rejected. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks!
Met British husband here in US: September 2006
First son born: November 2007
Married: September 2011
Online application submitted: April 23 2018
Hoping to move to the UK: July 2018
Biometrics appointment: May 14 2018
Biometrics actually done (walk in): April 30 2018
Shipped to Sheffield: May 1 2018
Application arrival in Sheffield email: May 3 2018
Decision made email: May 10 2018
Passport received: May 14 2018
Decision: APPROVED!!!!