Topic: May timeline  (Read 46053 times)

• Liked: 38
Re: May timeline
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 07:11:27 AM »
Oh goodness, that's terrible news.

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »
5 weeks from the confirmation email after it arrives in Sheffield.

And suppose I never receive a confirmation email? Would it be appropriate to call them to make sure it is being processed? I am slowly but surely losing my mental health :o

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 07:26:54 AM »
And suppose I never receive a confirmation email? Would it be appropriate to call them to make sure it is being processed? I am slowly but surely losing my mental health :o

You know it arrived from the tracking.  It WILL be processed.  In the 5 years I've been on this board, no application has ever not been processed.  Try to sit tight and keep busy as much as possible.  You are in your final few weeks living in the USA!  Make the most of it and don't wish it away.  It's precious time that you may wish for in the future.

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »
Thanks. I know it will be processed but I'd like a tangible timeline (ish) where I can see if I am anywhere near decision time. If I don't get an email confirmation, I won't be able to know where to start my 5-6 weeks which is torture. I feel like I am just whining but a week or so really does make a difference when you're essentially waiting for your life to start

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
Thanks. I know it will be processed but I'd like a tangible timeline (ish) where I can see if I am anywhere near decision time. If I don't get an email confirmation, I won't be able to know where to start my 5-6 weeks which is torture. I feel like I am just whining but a week or so really does make a difference when you're essentially waiting for your life to start

I'm willing to bet you get an email.   :D  The delay is just a sign that things are slowing down, unfortunately.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
You are in your final few weeks living in the USA!  Make the most of it and don't wish it away.  It's precious time that you may wish for in the future.

So true. I remind myself of that often. I'm anxious to have the visa settled so I KNOW and can plan (there's only so much I can do while in limbo), but I'm also sad at saying goodbye to everything and everyone.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
So true. I remind myself of that often. I'm anxious to have the visa settled so I KNOW and can plan (there's only so much I can do while in limbo), but I'm also sad at saying goodbye to everything and everyone.

It's a really strange mixture of emotions, that's for sure. KFDancer is right, of course, but it's a bit easier said than done -- I really hate the feeling in limbo, which makes feeling really 'present' here sort of impossible. It's silly, because I know I'll miss plenty, but it seems I can't enjoy anything while I'm waiting for this application...
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
I suppose it just "is what it is". I think enjoying being home for the last few weeks is a good idea. As simple as it sounds, I honestly hadn't thought about doing that!  ;D

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
Oh yes, much easier said than done.  Hindsight is 20/20 after all!

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
It's a really strange mixture of emotions, that's for sure. KFDancer is right, of course, but it's a bit easier said than done -- I really hate the feeling in limbo, which makes feeling really 'present' here sort of impossible. It's silly, because I know I'll miss plenty, but it seems I can't enjoy anything while I'm waiting for this application...

Well, it would be one thing to say, "Enjoy your last 3 weeks in the US." I could. It's a completely different situation to say, "Enjoy your last weeks/months in the US because you can't plan anything permanent, can't leave the country, and can't spend any money because you don't know if the visa will be rejected and you might have to spend thousands of dollars to re-apply. Oh, and try not to worry because you can't get medical insurance for your very uncertain remaining time, and you've already run up hundreds of dollars in medical expenses due to two separate medical incidents. Other than that, have fun!"

So, it's not an easy proposition. Plus, I don't have anyone to help me here, so I have to worry about closing my apartment, selling my car, turning off utilities, closing bank accounts, etc. etc. right at the very last minute on almost no notice. Would be easier if I could stay with friends and family and pick up at a moment's notice.

But still, I am trying to enjoy my last few moments here.

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »
I feel you AV. It's not easy at all. The money aspect has been especially troubling to me. The thoughts of being possibly denied are also troubling. The money and time lost etc. However, I would go insane if I didn't try to have an optimistic outlook so I'll pretend it's a mini vacation in my hometown.

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »
I feel you AV. It's not easy at all. The money aspect has been especially troubling to me. The thoughts of being possibly denied are also troubling. The money and time lost etc. However, I would go insane if I didn't try to have an optimistic outlook so I'll pretend it's a mini vacation in my hometown.

That's what I'm doing. I'm acting as if we'll get a decision made email by Memorial Day, and a visa in hand/me leaving for England by early to mid June.

If that doesn't pan out, I'll deal with it then. But for now, it's hard because if I want to see elderly faraway relatives one last time (most likely for life), I have to book airplane tickets NOW, before I know whether we'll have to spend thousands of dollars on a visa re-application and continued living expenses for two separate households. I won't have time to make the trip once the visa decision has been made, as (worst case scenario) I may only have 10 days from receiving visa to when I have to be in England.

But...we have what we have. And I may never set foot on US soil again...so I'm going to make the most of the time I have now.

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
If you got email confirmation on 24 April, surely you should hear back from them by the end of May? Unless you did non priority.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 03:56:51 PM »
If you got email confirmation on 24 April, surely you should hear back from them by the end of May? Unless you did non priority.

That's what we're hoping! But KFdancer said refusals take longer, so...

• Liked: 13
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 04:54:02 PM »
Hello all, adding ours to the pile!

Applied Online: 1st May
Biometrics: 5th May
Mailed Application: 5th May
Received by UKVI: 8th May
Received confirmation email: 8th May

And now lots more of that waiting we all love so much...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:04:41 PM by Windle »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab