Re: May timeline
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
Finally joining the May group after many stresses and annoyances:

Applied Online: 28 April PRIORITY
Biometrics: 2 May
Mailed Application: 12 May
Received by UKVI: 15 May
Received confirmation email: 15 May

Really hoping the visa office is lenient about when you turn your documents in. I went with two weeks, which it said on the biometrics document and what my lawyer told me, but I found out on here (too late) that the law is now five days.

I guess that's what I get for trusting the stupid lawyers to handle it. Speaking of, and I know I'm going to sound like a stereotypical American here, but is it possible to sue your lawyer if you get denied because of their incompetence? They have made many many mistakes it turns out, and I'm afraid of a denial even though we absolutely meet all of the requirements.

A million sad faces for wasting my time and money with lawyers.

But yay for being on the timeline and hopefully everything will be fine :D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »

Really hoping the visa office is lenient about when you turn your documents in. I went with two weeks, which it said on the biometrics document and what my lawyer told me, but I found out on here (too late) that the law is now five days.

I guess that's what I get for trusting the stupid lawyers to handle it. Speaking of, and I know I'm going to sound like a stereotypical American here, but is it possible to sue your lawyer if you get denied because of their incompetence? They have made many many mistakes it turns out, and I'm afraid of a denial even though we absolutely meet all of the requirements.

You will be fine with the late mailing but if I were you, I'd take delight in listing all the things your lawyers got wrong and letting them know about each one! No idea if you can sue them or not but hopefully it won't come to that!

Good luck!   ;D

ps. Whatever the result, I'd be fighting to get their bill waived.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:40:19 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 210
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 04:42:22 PM »

It's terrible that the forms give incorrect information. Our lawyers, who were recommended by this forum, also had the incorrect information about the timeline. Thank goodness for this forum!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 46
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
Good luck!   ;D

ps. Whatever the result, I'd be fighting to get their bill waived.  >:(

Thank you :) Yes, I will be working on that one - really not fair to us whatsoever!

Thank goodness for this forum!

Yes, so happy for this forum as well! Solidarity is extremely comforting in these uncertain times!

• Liked: 79
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
I know solicitors are notorious for giving inaccurate information. My solicitor asked his ECO contact at Sheffield about the 2 week rule and they responded that it was just a guideline so people don't hold on to their applications for a long period of time.

Take that as you will, but I got mine off as soon as possible.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 05:32:21 PM »
I know solicitors are notorious for giving inaccurate information. My solicitor asked his ECO contact at Sheffield about the 2 week rule and they responded that it was just a guideline so people don't hold on to their applications for a long period of time.

Take that as you will, but I got mine off as soon as possible.

Yeah we haven't had anyone receive a refusal due to the application being sent more than 5 days after biometrics.  Yet!  They tend to be nice for awhile and then just change one day.

It used to be that the biometric sheet told you to send your application to NYC.  They forwarded the applications yo Sheffield for about a year, then just stopped one day.  A member of the forum got stuck in the transition and it took a month just for her to get her application back from NYC to even be able to send it on.  By then processing times had gone from 2 days to 2 months.  She definitely got screwed!  Which is why we always advise to follow the rules.  It stinks to be the first!

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:53 PM »
It stinks to be the first!

Speaking of which. Do you have any theories as to when they'll produce the new SET(M) form?
They really can't leave it much longer...

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »
Speaking of which. Do you have any theories as to when they'll produce the new SET(M) form?
They really can't leave it much longer...

Think of who we are talking about...

I bet they don't change it until mid or late June...  if not July.   ;)

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2017, 05:45:02 PM »
Think of who we are talking about...

Yeah, I know!  ::)   ;D

• Liked: 75
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »
Hello all!
I'm American and my husband is British. He's in the UK with one of our children, and I'm in the US with the other. He returned to settle and we wanted our child to start school and settle in. We applied back in January but our application was rejected within 3 weeks because we didn't send enough financial evidence.

I've reapplied and here's my timeline (hopefully we're reunited soon, it's been tough on the children).

Online application: 30 April 2017
Biometrics: 4 May 2017
Application sent to Sheffield: 4 May 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (UPS tracking): 8 May 2017
Confirmation email from Sheffield: 15 May 2017
Decision made email:
Documents returned:

-
I guess I'm looking at a minimum wait of 4 weeks now? We've already booked our flights (long story) and I'm nervous about having to change them. This has been so expensive.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
Hello all!
I'm American and my husband is British. He's in the UK with one of our children, and I'm in the US with the other. He returned to settle and we wanted our child to start school and settle in. We applied back in January but our application was rejected within 3 weeks because we didn't send enough financial evidence.

I've reapplied and here's my timeline (hopefully we're reunited soon, it's been tough on the children).

Decision made email:
Documents returned:

-
I guess I'm looking at a minimum wait of 4 weeks now? We've already booked our flights (long story) and I'm nervous about having to change them. This has been so expensive.

Priority has been running about 5 weeks at the moment.  May usually starts the start of the peak season so could be a bit longer though priority usually doesn't run longer than 5 weeks!

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 06:06:55 PM »
Hello all!

Decision made email:
Documents returned:

-

Yikes, is it ever expensive! It's already cost far, far more than we anticipated. Hope you get a quick approval and don't have to change your tickets.

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »
Priority has been running about 5 weeks at the moment.  May usually starts the start of the peak season so could be a bit longer though priority usually doesn't run longer than 5 weeks!
Oh, my goodness! We didn't pay for priority because I figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I wonder how much longer it takes for non-priority.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
Yikes, is it ever expensive! It's already cost far, far more than we anticipated. Hope you get a quick approval and don't have to change your tickets.

I think it surprised me more because getting my husband his Green Card was much more painless. We applied from within the US and he was here on the Visa Waiver, I think it took like 6 weeks for everything to be processed!
Married December 8, 2007
-

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »
Oh, my goodness! We didn't pay for priority because I figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I wonder how much longer it takes for non-priority.

Oh, wow. I assumed you applied priority. People who applied the end of February non-priority are just getting results back now, and that was well before the summer rush. Looks like it could be a while, sorry.

Sponsored Links