Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Form specific questions  (Read 1601 times)

• Liked: 56
Re: Form specific questions
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »
Are you saying you want to use bank statements recently printed as part of your 6-12 pieces of post?

My husband has always had paper statements, so his are the old school ones direct from the bank that he was sent (printed on half-pages designed for a statement book...not sure how else to describe them). They are just long because he has to cover costs and then expense them for work.
As for your question more specifically, in another thread I asked advice about the proof of co-habitation because I dropped the ball in keeping things for a bit due to a severe depression. I was advised that if I ordered statements from the bank for those periods, that I should be fine. They are ordered and sent from the bank - not printed from home. Is this not right? Should I go to have them re-printed from a bank branch or stamped?
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »
9.15 is definitely the address of the Sheffield consulate, as it is asking which consulate you applied through if you applied ABROAD (which you did - you applied in the US, through the Sheffield consulate)

Hi again. I went through all my old documents to verify the address for the Sheffield address and just wanted to verify that I've got the right one. Its this one - right?

Vulcan House, 6 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8NU

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »
Yes, that's correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »
Thank you!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
Hi guys. Just to touch  on the question about 6.7.... I still wasn't quite sure what to do because we could not remember the date that he came to the USA for the 5 month BUNAC. what is did was to put the date I moved to the U.K, then included an attached explanation about the back and forth we did before our marriage - emphasizing that I was unsure if I should include that as it was irregular and not continuous. Does this sound OK?

Also, question 6.21 asks if I have lived with my sponsor since my marriage. Does this mean - have I lived with him since the day we were married and only at that residence? Or have I lived with him at all since the wedding? Because I still lived with my parents after the wedding in the States and he lived in the UK, until he had had his job for six months and we could apply for the visa. So, about six months from marriage to visa acceptance and move.
Not sure how to answer this. :(

One last thing.... We meet the financial requirements and applied after 2012....we can just skip section 7.B -Maintenance, right?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »
Hi guys. Just to touch  on the question about 6.7.... I still wasn't quite sure what to do because we could not remember the date that he came to the USA for the 5 month BUNAC. what is did was to put the date I moved to the U.K, then included an attached explanation about the back and forth we did before our marriage - emphasizing that I was unsure if I should include that as it was irregular and not continuous. Does this sound OK?

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what date you put. They don't care if you lived together in Florida or not because the only thing that matters is that you have lived together SINCE arriving in the UK.

So, just put the date you moved to the UK and leave it at that.

Take out the attached explanation... the back and forth before you moved to the UK is completely irrelevant for this visa.

Also, question 6.21 asks if I have lived with my sponsor since my marriage. Does this mean - have I lived with him since the day we were married and only at that residence? Or have I lived with him at all since the wedding? Because I still lived with my parents after the wedding in the States and he lived in the UK, until he had had his job for six months and we could apply for the visa. So, about six months from marriage to visa acceptance and move.
Not sure how to answer this. :(

It just means at any point since you got married. Many people get married and then can't live together for months, or even years, afterwards because they can't qualify for a visa to live in the same country as each other. The important thing is that you have lived together while you have been living in the UK on your spousal visa.

They are just trying to weed out the fake/scam marriages - for example, if you got married just to get a visa and then never saw each other again after you arrived in the UK. You would then have to explain why, for example, you live in London and your husband lives in Leeds!

So, tick yes and move onto the next question.

One last thing.... We meet the financial requirements and applied after 2012....we can just skip section 7.B -Maintenance, right?

Yes, the only reason you would fill out 7B is if:
a) you applied for your first visa before July 2012 (in which case, you would have received ILR in 2014 and would not be applying for this visa now)
or
b) you are exempt from meeting the financial requirements (i.e. your sponsor receives certain benefits, such as Disability Living Allowance, which make him exempt from having to earn £18,600).

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 09:59:21 PM »
Thank you!!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab