Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NIN  (Read 607 times)

• Liked: 6
NIN
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
So I called to apply and they asked if the visa had expired, if so, i have to go in for an appointment.  Is the vignette on the passport the visa or the BRP card bc the lady I spoke with couldn't tell me.   I said if its the vignette, then yes its only good for 30 days, if its the BRP card then no.  I would really like to avioid going to New Castle as its almost an hour from me and she said that is the closest job centre.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

• Liked: 6110
Re: NIN
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
So I called to apply and they asked if the visa had expired, if so, i have to go in for an appointment.  Is the vignette on the passport the visa or the BRP card bc the lady I spoke with couldn't tell me.   I said if its the vignette, then yes its only good for 30 days, if its the BRP card then no.  I would really like to avioid going to New Castle as its almost an hour from me and she said that is the closest job centre.

When I called for my husband, they told me that for out of country applications you could get your number by post but if you'd gone through FLR then it had to be done in person.
That was a couple of years ago now though.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
When I called for my husband, they told me that for out of country applications you could get your number by post but if you'd gone through FLR then it had to be done in person.
That was a couple of years ago now though.

bummer maybe it has changed, she did ask where the application for the visa had been made and I explained that it was made outside of England in the U.S.
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
bummer maybe it has changed, she did ask where the application for the visa had been made and I explained that it was made outside of England in the U.S.

Edited because replying while distracted is not a good idea!
Maybe call back anyway to see what the next person says?
I remember being confused myself because we had applied for the spouse visa when we were in the US but at the time, the applications were sent to New York but processed in Sheffield so it took me a while to figure out what it was that she wanted!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:24:30 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 154
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »

I had to travel a hour last year for mine,it was annoying as there's a job centre in my town..just not a job centre plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »
I had to travel a hour last year for mine,it was annoying as there's a job centre in my town..just not a job centre plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, we had to drive 45 minutes to Nottingham for mine.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »
My husband called again and the lady said they will mail us the forms to apply by post..dunno maybe it depends on who you get.  The lady I spoke with wasn't helpful.  My husband saw that there was a job center closer to us.  The lady that I spoke with looked up the address and said closest one was new castle...who knows.  Hopefully we can do it by post.
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 537
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »
My husband called again and the lady said they will mail us the forms to apply by post..dunno maybe it depends on who you get.  The lady I spoke with wasn't helpful.  My husband saw that there was a job center closer to us.  The lady that I spoke with looked up the address and said closest one was new castle...who knows.  Hopefully we can do it by post.

If you have a spousal visa you can apply by post, if you came over on a marriage visa you have to do an in person appointment at a job centre plus.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 09:44:20 AM »
That is good then, so we should be able to apply by post and that saves us the trip, my husband doesn't drive so going by bus would have not been my preference so early in the morning.

I was confused myself though when she asked if the visa was expired and I asked her if she meant the BRP card or the one in the passport and she said she didnt know, just the visa...so I told her the vignette on the passport is, however the BRP is not...so it was prob a matter of me not being sure what she was asking for and her also not being sure which one she needed. 

I guess I will hold off on sending the docs until I get the amended BRP card back, need to mail my BRP in for them to issue a corrected one.
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »
Your visa is valid for 33 months, so no, it is not expired. The sticker in your passport is just an initial Entry Clearance and is not the actual visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab