Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Successful FLR(M) In-Person Appointment  (Read 1770 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Successful FLR(M) In-Person Appointment
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »
Okay great, good to know! Thanks so much  :)

• Liked: 134
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
The gov.uk website says to used the printed form if applying in person: https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

Feedback on this forum leads me to believe that the online application form is rather buggy and confusing. The wording on the FLR(M) form can be confusing at times but it's pretty straightforward and gives you a good idea of what supporting documentation you need to provide.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 768
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
I'm getting my first FLR (M) documents and evidence together for my in person appointment on June 5th.

Do we not need the relationship and communication evidence that we needed for the initial fiance visa? Specifically the communication logs and photo evidence?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Do we not need the relationship and communication evidence that we needed for the initial fiance visa? Specifically the communication logs and photo evidence?

No, you don't need any of that... because you use the communication evidence to show your long-distance relationship... but you live together now, so you see each other every day.

Instead, you need to provide:

- marriage certificate

- 6 items of correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address (either joint or separately addressed), from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years, or for as long as you have lived together if you are currently on a fiance visa.

If you don't have 6 documents addressed to you yet, you can just write a letter of explanation as to why not (i.e. you've only recently moved here and don't have your name on official mail yet)

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »
No, you don't need any of that... because you use the communication evidence to show your long-distance relationship... but you live together now, so you see each other every day.

Instead, you need to provide:

- marriage certificate

- 6 items of correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address (either joint or separately addressed), from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years, or for as long as you have lived together if you are currently on a fiance visa.

If you don't have 6 documents addressed to you yet, you can just write a letter of explanation as to why not (i.e. you've only recently moved here and don't have your name on official mail yet)
Excellent. Thank you. Just a few less things I have to worry about.

I do have my US Bank statements, UK bank statements and council tax addressed to me at my UK address so that is 3 items. I should be ok there.

I was filling out the online form but I get to the end and I can't continue any further because it wants me to pay but I've already paid for everything and booked my appointment so it gives me an incomplete application. I end up with 17 pages. Does anyone know if there is anything that I will actually be missing if I use the semi completed online form?

So I guess I will just use Adobe to fill in the paper form.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
Excellent. Thank you. Just a few less things I have to worry about.

I do have my US Bank statements, UK bank statements and council tax addressed to me at my UK address so that is 3 items. I should be ok there.

Cool - the paper form gives more details about the documents. What you want to try to do is if you have separately addressed documents, see if you can get them dated as close together as possible, to show you were at the same address at the same time. i.e. if one of your documents is from April, try to provide one of your sponsor's documents from April too.

I was filling out the online form but I get to the end and I can't continue any further because it wants me to pay but I've already paid for everything and booked my appointment so it gives me an incomplete application. I end up with 17 pages. Does anyone know if there is anything that I will actually be missing if I use the semi completed online form?

So I guess I will just use Adobe to fill in the paper form.

Ah, if you are applying in person, you need to print and fill out the paper form... you can't do it online.

Honestly, the online application is a bit buggy anyway and the questions are a bit different, so I usually recommend the paper form, mainly because we know it and can see it, so we can help you fill it out.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
Cool - the paper form gives more details about the documents. What you want to try to do is if you have separately addressed documents, see if you can get them dated as close together as possible, to show you were at the same address at the same time. i.e. if one of your documents is from April, try to provide one of your sponsor's documents from April too.

Ah, if you are applying in person, you need to print and fill out the paper form... you can't do it online.

Honestly, the online application is a bit buggy anyway and the questions are a bit different, so I usually recommend the paper form, mainly because we know it and can see it, so we can help you fill it out.
You can use the online form for in person appointments because at the end it gives you the option to book your in person appointment. That's the part I'm stuck on because I've already paid for everything. It's waiting for payment so it can finalize the online form and so you can print it off and bring it with you. 

But there are questions on there about my sponsors child but it ends up making it look like he is my child and I have to affirm that I will provide his birth certificate or adoption papers to prove my relationship to him.

And there aren't any questions about my dependent children which I absolutely know is on the fill in form. I have my minor daughter's birth certificate and I assume I need to provide that (per the paper form) even though she is not applying with me. (She's almost 18.) Do I need to provide proof of residence for her?

And do we need my sponsors sons birth certificate? He obviously isn't applying with me.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »
The printed form is 79 pages.  Granted those include all the pages for every financial category so you won't be filling in every single one but it should still be more than 17 pages.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
You can use the online form for in person appointments because at the end it gives you the option to book your in person appointment. That's the part I'm stuck on because I've already paid for everything. It's waiting for payment so it can finalize the online form and so you can print it off and bring it with you. 

I guess then that if you already booked the appointment before you filled out the online form, then you can't apply online and need to use the paper form instead.

The online form is very new and so I'm not completely sure how they've set it up.

So, from what you've said, my understanding is you either have to:

Applying by post:
- apply by post using the paper form and send your payment details with your documents
or
- apply using the online form, pay for the visa online, then mail your printed online form and documents

Applying in person:
- book an in-person appointment, then print and complete the paper form and attend the appointment
or
- apply online and pay for the visa and the in-person appointment when you submit it

But there are questions on there about my sponsors child but it ends up making it look like he is my child and I have to affirm that I will provide his birth certificate or adoption papers to prove my relationship to him.

And there aren't any questions about my dependent children which I absolutely know is on the fill in form.

In that case, abandon the online form and just use the paper one.

I have my minor daughter's birth certificate and I assume I need to provide that (per the paper form) even though she is not applying with me. (She's almost 18.) Do I need to provide proof of residence for her?

If she's under 18 and your dependent, I would list her and provide her birth certificate.

Where does she live? If she's not in the UK, you don't need to provide anything else. (If she is in the UK and has a visa, then your sponsor must meet a higher annual income requirement, but if not, then she's not relevant to the application).

And do we need my sponsors sons birth certificate? He obviously isn't applying with me.

Yes, you do. You need to provide the birth certificates of all dependent children under 18, regardless of nationality.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »
The printed form is 79 pages.  Granted those include all the pages for every financial category so you won't be filling in every single one but it should still be more than 17 pages.
The online form didn't ask a lot of questions that the printed form asks.

And I find the print form is a huge waste of space as some pages only have a few questions on it. It could quite easily be cut down to about half the number of pages with proper formatting.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
I've abandoned the online form. There is no way to go any further. I am at the end though and completed all sections with the exception of the payment information for the application,  IHS fee and in person fee. It is still only 17 pages and missing a lot of questions the print form asks such as when I last had my biometrics taken, etc.

If one wants to use the online form then it has to be filled out first, at the end it prompts you to pay the IHS fee or provide your IHS #, select your in person appointment location and time then it waits for you to pay for those 2 items and it comes back to finalize the form so you can print it and bring it with you to your appointment.

So if you pay first, you can not use the online form.

What a PITA. LOL

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
The online form didn't ask a lot of questions that the printed form asks.

And I find the print form is a huge waste of space as some pages only have a few questions on it. It could quite easily be cut down to about half the number of pages with proper formatting.

Oh, it's a huge waste of space!  And the April 2017 version cut two pages from the previous version just from adjusting the spacing options.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
Hi there

Can I just ask, on the FLR form, question 5.2 When did you first enter the UK?

Does this mean first time ever, or first time on the 6 month marriage visa? He entered as a tourist a few times before with me just for holidays to meet/visit my family.

Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
First time on the current visa.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Great thank you so much ksand! Once again, a life saver!

Sponsored Links