Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa Question  (Read 486 times)

• Liked: 20
Priority Spouse Visa Question
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
Hi,

Very sorry if this has been answered before but after a few hours of frantically searching I am a little lost.

I am almost ready to send off my the application for my wife to Sheffield after her biometrics appointment on Tuesday afternoon. I purchased the shipping labels and the priority together. I just wanted to double check, as I'd hate to get it wrong at this stage - do I have to write PRIORITY or make note of this anywhere? On a certain piece of the application? On the envelope? Or do I just simply put the receipt of the purchase of priority inside the application?

Once again, any help would be appreciated.

On this post I'll also put what I have included in the application, in case anyone has noticed I've completely missed something - I really hope not as I've checked and double checked multiple times. Small note before, I am sponsoring my US citizen wife.

- Letter from myself outlining intentions
- Letter from my wife outlining her intentions of accommodation, intention to work in the UK, noting her education and about our relationship/marriage.
- Online application
- Appendix 2 VAF4 A Financial Form
- Marriage certificate
- 6 months of payslips from UK employer
- P60
- Letter from employer confirming employment of myself
- Letter from parents allowing us both to live with them at their address
- Utility bill with parents names/address on as proof of address
- 1 passport photographs of my wife
- Copy of data page of my passport
- My wife's current passport
- My wife's previous passport
- VFS receipt of payment
- Return Shipping Label
- Evidence of relationship; flight tickets for both, pictures with each other and each others families, screenshots of Facebook posts
- The form/stamps we receive from the biometrics centre (going on Tuesday)

One final question, my payslips are all photocopies. Do I have to send the originals or would these be ok? As well as my P60.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help :)

• Liked: 79
Re: Priority Spouse Visa Question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
You have to write priority on the outside of the box before you ship it, and make sure to include your priority reciept with the application.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:59:24 PM »
Hi hgkg, Welcome!  :) Yes, you are missing a few things. Please see comments in red below.  :)

Hi,

Very sorry if this has been answered before but after a few hours of frantically searching I am a little lost.

I am almost ready to send off my the application for my wife to Sheffield after her biometrics appointment on Tuesday afternoon. I purchased the shipping labels and the priority together. I just wanted to double check, as I'd hate to get it wrong at this stage - do I have to write PRIORITY or make note of this anywhere? On a certain piece of the application? On the envelope? Or do I just simply put the receipt of the purchase of priority inside the application?

Write priority in large letters on every aspect of the outside of the package. Put the receipt inside on top of everything else.

Once again, any help would be appreciated.

On this post I'll also put what I have included in the application, in case anyone has noticed I've completely missed something - I really hope not as I've checked and double checked multiple times. Small note before, I am sponsoring my US citizen wife.

- Letter from myself outlining intentions You need to talk about how you qualify to sponsor your wife (you're British), how you qualify financially, where you will live and a little about your relationship.
- Letter from my wife outlining her intentions of accommodation, intention to work in the UK, noting her education and about our relationship/marriage. Only really necessary if there is something unusual that she needs to explain.
- Online application
- Appendix 2 VAF4 A Financial Form
- Marriage certificate
- 6 months of payslips from UK employer
You need the corresponding 6 months of bank statements.
- P60
- Letter from employer confirming employment of myself
- Letter from parents allowing us both to live with them at their address
- Utility bill with parents names/address on as proof of address This is not necessary, it does not prove that they own the property. You need their land registry document as proof. You can include a recent mortgage statement too if you like.
- 1 passport photographs of my wife
- Copy of data page of my passport
- My wife's current passport
- My wife's previous passport
- VFS receipt of payment
- Return Shipping Label
- Evidence of relationship; flight tickets for both, pictures with each other and each others families, screenshots of Facebook posts You should include email and call history if you have any.
- The form/stamps we receive from the biometrics centre (going on Tuesday)

One final question, my payslips are all photocopies. Do I have to send the originals or would these be ok? As well as my P60. Everything needs to be original or a certified copy.

If either of you have been married before you will need the divorce decree(s).

Thank you all so much in advance for your help :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:07:15 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 97
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »
I second above you need your communication, so text, emails, calls, facebook messenger etc.

I would take out the fscebook post as those can be faked and I don't think they would look at them.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:35:41 PM »
Hi hgkg, Welcome!  :) Yes, you are missing a few things. Please see comments in red below.  :)

Thank you very much for this. Have the 6 months bank statements, just forgot to add them in the post!

Have taken on board the accommodation situation also, will include a mortgage payment form and the original details of this which lists the address and full names.

Looks like I am now all set, so glad I made the post and once again thanks for your help. I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow so we can post together after her appointment on Tuesday and then flying home Wednesday. Also thanks to Frazieme and anxiousandwaiting, sorry I wasn't sure how to double quote in a post!

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
and hopefully my wife will be arriving in the UK in the next 6 weeks or so, judging from the current priority timelines!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
Thank you very much for this. Have the 6 months bank statements, just forgot to add them in the post!

Have taken on board the accommodation situation also, will include a mortgage payment form and the original details of this which lists the address and full names.

You still need to send the land registry document. You can download an official copy from the .gov website here for £3.   https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Did you add to your communication evidence? It's important. We recently had a couple married for 20 years refused because UKVI were not satisfied that their relationship was genuine.

Enjoy your flying visit to L.A.!  :)

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
You still need to send the land registry document. You can download an official copy from the .gov website here for £3.   https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry [nofollow]

Did you add to your communication evidence? It's important. We recently had a couple married for 20 years refused because UKVI were not satisfied that their relationship was genuine.

Enjoy your flying visit to L.A.!  :)

Thanks! Had to extend the trip by a day as we didn't manage to get everything sorted in time  :o ::) Got the land registry documents. Biometrics went well, very easy. Just preparing to send tomorrow morning. Does anybody have any advice on how to show logs for FaceTime or iMessage? It's what we primarily use and Apple doesn't give any records. We've sent hundreds of thousands of messages but it's very hard to show proof.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab